“Brilliant”
Review of Blue Orchid

Blue Orchid
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The building is an attractive traditional Grade II listed brick built property built 1837, and lies within a conservation area. The property is divided into areas with distinct characteristics to provide luxurious and intimate areas, as well as more open areas for larger functions. All rooms have been dressed with traditional Thai furnishings, exotic foliage, and have retained some of the properties original period features such as high ceilings and covings. The restaurant also has a large garden which has been enhanced with palms.
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, good value for money, great atmosphere.
Our new found Thai restaurant which we will continue to visit.

1 Thank Jupitergirl1908

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Blue Orchid is one of my favourite restaurants in the vicinity of Milton Keynes. I've eaten in the restaurant twice and had takeout four or five times and the food has been consistently good. I've never tried the Indian food, mainly because the Thai is so lovely.

You get large portions (I usually get 2 dinners out of of one order), attentive service and pleasant, smart decor (no plastic tables and garish tablecloths here!). It's a popular place and seems to always be bustling with diners, so I'd recommend reserving a table.

The bad: the car park is a bit tough to find on your first visit (it's an archway on a busy corner of the street) and I find some of the food a bit too spicy. If you're a wuss like me who cannot handle spiciness, get some advice from the waiters on what to order. Normally at Thai restaurants, I'd have a green curry, but at Blue Orchid I find the green too hot and have to opt for a yellow curry, which is still at the limits of spice that I can handle!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank K B
Milton Keynes
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I returned for a mid-week evening meal after the previous visit was not up to Blue Orchard's usual high standard. We were pleasantly surprised to find the high standard has returned. The food was excellant...we took the set menu and it was just right both in quality and quantity. We have lived overseas for many years and used to a high level of service, which is lacking in many of the UK restaurants. Staff at the Blue Orchard excelled in their level of attentiveness to service. Well done.

London
“Possibly the best Thai I've had”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a big fan of thai food. Having sampled thai restaurants throughout London, I was pleasantly surprised finding this place out of town. Absolutely delicious authentic Thai food and fantastic value. A great find! Highly recommend it.

1 Thank lahdinard
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent evening”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We had a party of seven, seated very comfortably in almost arm chairs.
The staff were great and they amended their set menu to accommodate us, and most importantly the food was excellent.

Visited May 2014