We were two couples who took advantage of a deal for an overnight stay with dinner at this hotel. We decided not to upgrade for the one night as it was £20 per room.
On arrival, we were welcomed by a very friendly receptionist and told how to find out rooms. I wouldn't say a sat nav would be recommended, but there is no way I would have found my way to and from Reception - too many stairs and corridors.
However, we thought that our rooms were fine. They were clean, the view was good, bathroom clean but the actual room was so small. For one night, I think this is fine but it is just a bit too small to really enjoy the room. But, a clean room is more important for us.
We went down to the swimming pool and sauna which was enjoyable and empty. At one corner of the swimming pool, it looked like a jacuzzi had been removed - is this coming back??
Dinner was a pleasant surprise. Food was very good and a charming young man called Mr. Pickup looked after us very well. The husband thought his lamb tagine with couscous was probably one of the best meals he has had in a very long time and he eats in many restaurants. If you can let the chef know this - his lamb tagine was to die for!
We like to go down to breakfast early which in this case was a good idea as there was a murder mystery weekend and a wedding party staying at the hotel and everyone seemed to come down together.
Breakfast was very good, plenty of fresh fruits, cereal, ham, cheese and of course a full English. Service was very good and the waiting staff polite and helpful.
When I read some of the previous reviews, I was a bit worried that we would have a dirty room, awful breakfast and poor service but we had none of these.
I would recommend this hotel, we all had a good time.
One criticism though, the hotel advertises free wi-fi but in reality you get one hour free and then you have to pay, we thought this was a bit sneaky and misleading. Also, impossible to get a decent mobile signal on my phone - v. frustrating.
One suggestion - some more outside chairs please - the weather was very pleasant and we wanted to sit out in the grounds but the one or two picnic tables around were broken and covered in bird mess.
May come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Vere Horwood Estate combines the best of a period Manor House, set in 38 acres, with the modern facilities of Tempus Bar and Restaurant, extensive meeting and function rooms and 185 bedrooms. Our swimming pool and gym are available for all resident guests to enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your De Vere Horwood Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horwood House And Leisure Club Hotel Little Horwood
- Horwood Hotel And Leisure
- De Vere Horwood Estate Little Horwood, Buckinghamshire