“Excellent Wedding location.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Horwood
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent Wedding location.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for my daughters wedding.Had a wedding package and everything was very professionally done.Staff helpful and location very good.The location is very rural so a car is problably essential,the nearest station being Milton keynes.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked this to have a girls night away for my mum and sister's birthdays. We had a deal for dinner bed and breakfast so were expecting a bit of a gravy train but were so wonderfully surprised. Every member of staff we encountered where helpful, cheerful and professional. The hotel is huge and we kept getting lost. The little gym and pool are a gem. Not huge but lovely. Dinner was fantastic, a great selection, tasty and beautifully presented. I have one sister that eats like a sparrow and she was allowed to have 2 starters for her 2 courses and another sister who is gluten free - they even had bread she could eat and changed one of the meals so she could eat the sauce. The grounds are very Downton. We had a great time, fun and relaxing. The rooms are a bit small but stylish and clean and we had booked on a deal so weren't expecting suites.
I would SO stay at this hotel again!! We are still gushing about it.

Room Tip: It's a maze of stairs and corridors. We had a ground floor and could be seen from a corridor if...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Checked in at 12.30am and the receptionist told me that they might not have a room. Then managed to allocate a room, I believe could be a stand-by?
The guy (took his name but forgotten) was very friendly, the same person who was there when I stayed in the hotel last. Smiling all the time. He was helping someone to get a cab at 12.30am and was very patience, helpful and attentive to details.
The room was ok ; found a big nail clipping in the middle of the floor! NO SHOWER ; Had to use the bathtub in the morning - which was very inconveniece especially when I had a meeting at 8.30am!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Little Horwood hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for afternoon tea to celebrate our wedding anniversary. First impressions looked good with the lovely drive up to the hotel but when we got to the car park the parking for disabled people is a long way from the front of the hotel and I am disabled. My husband then drove to the front of the hotel and dropped me off and to our amazement there is plenty of space for a few disabled bays but it says "drop off point only". There was a wedding going on at the time and when we arrived at reception and gave our name I felt like a second class citizen,I thought that the receptionist were not really interested in us but more for what was going on with the wedding and other guests who had just arrived after us. We were greeted very nicely by the gentleman outside the restaurant and seated promptly. The afternoon tea arrived,a pot of tea for 2,very nice finger sandwiches although the cheese ones were a bit like chewing plastic. There was a large container of whipped cream which seemed as though it had come out of a tin and loads of jam but only 2 scones,I asked if we could have 2 more scones. Yes,we could but at a price.....£3.50 each,so we declined and used the cream on the cakes as we hate waste. I had to visit the ladies but could not get into the disabled toilet as a staff member had told the bride to use it which I totally understand being in a beautiful dress but they could see I was using a walking stick so I had to use the normal toilets. I wish I hadn't as they were not very clean and boy could they do with some redecorating. We will not be visiting again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elizabeth B
Callington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Horwood House is a lovely place, set in beautiful countryside. We stayed for one night and were not disappointed. Checking in was swift and we were told the hotel was fully booked due to a wedding taking place that day.
Our first impression of the room was that it was a bit small but it had everything to make our short stay pleasant. The room we were given was quite a way from reception and we were thankful for the map given to us by the receptionist.
We used the hotels main bar, it was a bit pricey with a pint of Peroni costing over £5.
We were told breakfast would be busy due to the amount of guest staying but we found there were plenty of tables available at 9 am. The food itself could not be faulted and a good hearty breakfast set us up for the day.
I would have given Horwood House 5/5 if the rooms were bigger, you get much larger rooms staying at either Premier Inn or Travelodge.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Owlincallington
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Thought our rate included breakfast but they wanted £15 each additional for breakfast.
Bar prices were 33% higher than normal. Bar meals were expensive.
Problem with door locks for me, the couple next door and the lady opposite. Couple next door had to repack and move room.
Web site says hotel is air conditioned but forgets to point out that bedrooms are not, my room got very hot with the afternoon sun shining on it.
Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CHARLES A
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very nice venue for meetings. Spacious rooms, great food & good rates all set in very pretty grounds. Very good for meetings as conveniently situated from the motorway & A roads. Nice bedrooms if you need to stay over.

Room Tip: Good deals available if you ask.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marilyn B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Horwood
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
#1 of 1 in Chicheley
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham

Been to De Vere Horwood Estate? Share your experiences!