“5 Star B & B”
Review of G&G B&B NEC

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balsall Common
G&G B&B NEC
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We broke our journey to London with an overnight stay with Gilly and Grant and can thoroughly recommend it.The room and especially the lovely bed and pillows were amazing.Gilly and Grant were helpful and recommended places to eat.The breakfast was beautiful.All in all a lovely stay and we will be returning again.Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea2812
gillymatthew68, Owner at G&G B&B NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you for your kind words - I'm sure you had an enjoyable weekend in London, and look forward to seeing you both again. Gilly and Grant

Reviewed 30 August 2011

We rented a room here to be near a sports event, so cannot comment on the possible attractions in this area. The B&B was charming as were Gilly and Grant, the couple who own it. They were very helpful in pointing us to possible places to eat and shop, the choice of which is, by nature of this location, rather limited. The room was comfortable and cozy with an excellent bathroom. If one wants to be hypercritical: the electrical shower was making an amazing racket for the amount of water it produced, but that could hardly bother us, as we didn't use it too often at ungodly hours. We had a lovely time there, and Gilly and Grant were also most helpful when I realised I'd forgotten my jacket. I certainly can recommend staying at their B&B!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank C K
gillymatthew68, Owner at G&G B&B NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Maybe the comment "out in the sticks" is a little misleading, but might just be a difference in language thing. We feel it needs clarification.

G&G B&B is in the large village of Balsall Common, and within an easy 10 minute walk to about 8 different eating places. The village also has its own railway station (called Berkswell Station), 3 banks, a post office, 2 general stores, 2 chemists, 2 estate agents, a delicatessen, a butcher, a betting shop, a fish and chip shop, a chinese takaway, a dry cleaners, at least 4 haridressers, a garage, a car sales shop, surgery, 2 dentists, 2 vets, a primary school and secondary school, a local taxi firm and several churches.

If you search on google maps for our post code, CV7 7AB, you will see at once that G&G B&B is in a residential position, in a well lit quiet road, a short walk from the village centre. We are not actually in the middle of a field, somewhere out in the sticks!

Reviewed 13 February 2011

This really is a first class B&B. G&G are very friendly and helpful in everything. The room was as clean and quiet as can be. I loved the atmosphere and the way the room was decorated. The breakfeast was magnificent. I loved to stay and hated to go!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
gillymatthew68, Owner at G&G B&B NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2015

Lovely to hear from you both and many thanks for your Trip Advisor review! So glad you liked your stay - it was our pleasure

Reviewed 27 January 2011

The B&B is in a great location for anyone visiting the NEC or Stoneleigh. The en-suite rooms are a good size, very clean and comfortable. There are some very nice touches, the galley kitchen for guests to use has a vast assortment of teas and coffees, even de-caff which was a welcome change from using my own. Breakfast is a choice of all the usual things you would expect, including a full english if you have a healthy appetite. There is also a TV for guests use in the lounge/dining room as well as in the bedrooms. The lounge is great if you are a party and want to spend some time together other than sitting in the bedrooms.
We have tried several hotels and B & B's in the Kenilworth/Balsall Common area, but this is the only one we would definetly return to. We would recommend the White Horse for their Sunday roast and the Beefeater George in the Tree for steaks etc. both only a 5 minute car journey from Gilly & Grants.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Certainly one of the best in the area and I have used a few. parking for me is an issue and was the reason I cancelled the hotel I had initially booked. (Ibis @ birmingham airport). This B&B is quietly located and has good parking available. The train station is 1 mile away and also has free parking,which I was informed is busy weekdays. We had a 6 min trip to the NEC.Perfect. The B&B itself is modern and comfortable with nice spacious rooms, and ensuite facilities and colour tv etc. Very nice.

If I was being super critical my only very slight issue was with the breakfast. The 'full English' breakfast will not suit those who like a good substantial meal prior to setting out for the day and as Gilly herself said it consisted of 'little tasters' of each of your choice. If you like a couple of good rashers of Bacon for E.G. you might be disappointed. My piece was very small and quite fatty and not to my taste. What is wrong with a nice couple of rashers of Back bacon?
The rest was not bad but I did get up from the table somewhat hungry. Ah well. I suppose I should have said I was disappoined at the time. It was slightly 'stingy'. It could be a good idea to ask if more toast and tea is required. This would have helped.
Having said that the owners were great, Friendly and super helpfull,so I have no hesitation in giving a full hearty recommendation..

Alex & Carol Black

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
gillymatthew68, Owner at G&G B&B NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2010

A good review is always welcome, but a less than perfect one is not so good!
Our breakfasts consist of a good choice of cereals and yogurt, fruit juices, followed by free range egg, bacon and sausage from our local butcher, tomato, mushrooms, black pudding and home made potato cake and finally, toast - white or wholemeal (home baked), butter, local honey, our own made marmalade and jams. And of course, tea or freshly brewed coffee.
We ask if our visitors have had sufficient, but obviously slipped up on this occasion. Strangely enough this couple didn't ask for the full breakfast on the second morning of their stay, settling for cereals and toast, and just one egg between them.
However, we take their comments on board.

Reviewed 10 August 2010

This has to be one of the best B&B's I have ever stayed in. My room was a very large twin room looking out over a beautiful garden, and it was immaculate. The en-suite with shower was a good size and plenty of hot water. Downstairs a small kitchenette is available for the use of the guests with every conceivable flavour of tea you could wish for, and a fridge with proper milk (not UHT mini pots hurrah). The Downstairs also has a sitting area with lots of local information restaurants pubs etc, and assess to an outside patio area. Breakfast is served in the dinning area, cereals, toast, yogurts etc are available to help yourself to, but for me the perfectly cooked and presented bacon ,egg tomato and mushrooms set me up for the day (there were further choices on the cooked menu).
Gilly and Grant made me feel so welcome I would recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheridan-Chetwin
Reviewed 7 June 2010

A nice B&B located 10 min or so drive from the NEC convention center, the B&B is nice, very clean and VERY friendly owners, there are a few nice restaurants in the near proximity (walking distance) and there is good wireless internet connection at the house, so its solid for the NEC (business ) traveler.
The rooms are not huge, but rooms in Europe never are, they are always very clean and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Been to G&G B&B NEC? Share your experiences!