“our stay for LG Convention”
Review of Annora House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balsall Common
Annora House
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were made to feel so welcome at Annora House, we stayed 3 nights for our International Convention of Jehovahs Witnesses at the LG Arena.
Breakfast was great, Both Dawn and Andy were the ideal hosts.
Very clean and nice decor, and lots of places to get a good evening meal just10 mins walk away. We would definitely return if our convention was held in Birmingham 2015.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn H, Owner at Annora House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback and lovely comments.
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hopefully the convention will be at the NEC next year so we will get the chance to meet up with you both then.
Many thanks again.
Dawn

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I needed overnight accommodation before attending a meeting in Coventry and Annora House was absolutely perfect. Dawn was quick to respond to my initial request, confirm my reservation and I received a warm welcome on arrival. My room was very comfortable, "exactly as described on the website" and the breakfast was first class. Nothing was too much trouble - Dawn and Andy also advised me on travel directions before I left. This B&B offers excellent value and I would certainly choose it again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed at Annora House for a weekend of volunteering at the Big Bang Fair in March. I'd searched through a lot of hotels around the NEC and then B&B's to try to find somewhere suitable to stay at a reasonable price before coming across Andy and Dawn's place, which is both well situated for the NEC and for the city/surrounding countryside which my partner explored while I was off volunteering!

Every aspect of our stay was excellent. For location, Annora is two minutes walk from the train station with frequent trains to both the NEC and Birmingham city centre, there are multiple restaurants and pubs within walking distance, there is plenty of parking space and the area is very quiet. Annora House is a thoroughly modern B&B, beautifully cared for, clean and well thought out - I can't imagine there are many similar places around the NEC so lovely and well priced. But more than anything else, Andy and Dawn were fantastic hosts, friendly and informative about the local area, ready with a hair dryer when I had forgotten mine and though I was out of the door both weekend mornings at 7am, we were both well fed with a tasty breakfast. My only regret is that I didn't have more time to enjoy it with working over the weekend!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Laura I
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Myself and four work colleagues have stayed with Dawn and Andy twice now. They are extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are clean, beautifully decorated and the breakfast is made to order and very tasty. On our last stay, one of my colleagues was unwell and had to stay back for the day. Dawn made him extra tea (peppermint as he had a bug) and even washed his clothes as they wouldn't have been fit for him to wear the next day due to sickness.

A home from home. A wonderful family!

Thank you from the Páramo Team.

Room Tip: I'm sure if there were a pool and fitness centre, they would have been excellent too!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed five nights at Annora. It was the perfect place given it's location to the train station and getting to and from the NEC. Dawn and Andy were fantastic hosts - very helpful and accommodating. Annora is very comfortable, clean and well appointed. Would highly recommend to others. Thanks again for having us in your home :-)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Dawn H, Owner at Annora House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback and pictures. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.
I hope my directions got you to Stratford Upon Avon ok and then onwards to the Cotswolds...I'm sure you had a wonderful time at both locations and hopefully a safe journey back to New Zealand.
Kind Regards
Dawn & Andy

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Myself and four colleagues stayed with Andy and Dawn for a couple of nights whilst we were delivering some events at the Ricoh Arena. We were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived, the rooms were great - just what we needed. Added bonus was the quality, variety and flexibility of the breakfast (I wanted three sausages on their own and that was fine!).

I would highly recommend staying with Andy and Dawn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Lovely town with a train station that is a 2 min walk away from Annora, a few restaurants and shops our favourite being a pub called the White Horse..a must visit if you enjoy good wholesome food! But the best part is Annora and the beautiful family that run the B&B, Andy and Dawn make their home your home. We had a very comfortable stay there, not only because they are wonderful people but their home is beautifully decorated, clean and tidy and the cooked breakfast is scrummy. They go out of their way to ensure you have a wonderful experience, couldn't ask for anything more!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Been to Annora House? Share your experiences!