Premier Inn Balsall Common (Near Nec) Hotel
US$69
TripAdvisor
US$125
US$121
The White Lion Inn(Hampton-in-Arden)
US$149
US$125
US$103
Travelocity
Haigs Hotel(Balsall Common)
TripAdvisor
Hampton Manor(Hampton-in-Arden)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbeefeater next doorstayed herebeefeater restaurantpetrol stationgood nights sleepadjoining beefeatermeal dealmain roadquiet locationroom was cleanfamily roomexcellent staypleasant stayminute drivebirmingham airportreception staffexcellent value for money
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Clean, pleasant, modern building, great night's sleep, excellent breakfast, above all excellent staff. The survey I took asked if they 'seemed to be enjoying thier work'. I sincerely hope they were, because they made our stay a real pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Whenever staying away from home - usually for leisure purposes - we always check if there is a conveniently located Premier Inn at an offer price. If so, we book knowing that having stayed often, we're confident we can rely on cleanliness and a spacious well appointed room. (We long since parted company with Travel Lodge and find them tired and depressing). If there isn't an offer price at a Premier Inn, we find a B&B as an alternative.

We were attending an exhibition at the Warwick exhibition centre about 10 miles away so checked the Premier Inns nearby, of which there were several. This one was cheapest at £39.00 (as much as we'd be prepared to pay), so we chose it, not knowing what sort of area 'Balsall Heath' was so had some misgivings about the location, but in fact it's a nice residential area and a quite location. (There were baby rabbits playing on the grass at the rear when we parked our car!)

We think that the room we had was possibly refurbished recently as the décor was fresh and it had a large flat-screen wall-mounted TV. As we generally find with Premier Inns, the cleanliness was to a high standard, both in the spacious room and the bathroom, (eg, no 'grotty grouting' or mouldy ceiling!), and everything worked as it should, such as lighting, plumbing, heating, TV, kettle. The bed was large and comfy and the location and the hotel itself were quiet so we had a good night's sleep. The members of staff were very pleasant and helpful.

We opted for the 24 hor Wi-Fi at £3.00 as the free 30 mins is soon used. No problems with the connection or speed.

We didn't eat in at the next door Beefeater - we prefer Toby Carveries if we can find one, and there were two within 20 minutes, so we can't comment on the food offerings and in any event, the 'meal deals' are just too much for us to eat. We didn't have breakfast as we know a farm café near the venue we were attending and went their instead, otherwise we'd have gone back to the Toby Carvery as they offer better value (in our view).

Opposite this hotel there is a 'Sainsbury Local' open from 7am to 11pm, handy for any items that might be needed.

All in all, another excellent stay at a Premier Inn, so we're happy to recommend this hotel to others and will most likely stay here again.

(e are a retired couple).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Really good location for Birmingham Airport and NEC. Hotel is well presented and the attached Beefeater restaurant offers a good breakfast and a naughty but nice range of lunch and dinner options. If I need to go to NEC, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here after the Commercial Vehicle Show, as always Premier Inn never fails me. Clean & tidy, Beefeater joined next door was good too. Only /10 mins drive too from NEC. I will use again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

When I arrived at this Premier Inn I was informed that I had an outstanding balance and if I did not pay I would not be allowed to stay. Fortunately I had brought my printed confirmation that I had paid in full. This was reluctantly accepted and there was NO explanation of why this situation had occured. ALWAYS print out your confirmation and take it with you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Balsall Common (Near Nec) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.