“Serves the purpose”
Review of Hotel Mango

Hotel Mango
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Mango is not a bad motel, it is just not a good motel.
The owner is a very nice, friendly person.
The rooms are small, bed mattresses are old and collapsing into the middle. Although we were told there was hot water, we did not have any.
Pool was nice and clean.
Internet in the lobby and pool area.
Location is good - about 4 blocks from the beach.
Price is ok, but you don't get much.
We do not recommend this place as we feel there are better places to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Blitzpacker
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mango

Reviewed 5 November 2012

the mango hotel is a little rough around the edgesin terms of the faciity, but it has a nice pool, a decent restaurant and a nice bar. the rooms offer nothing more than a place to lie down, go to sleep and get a shower in the morning. the plus side is that it is cheap and puts you in the middle of the charming seaside village of boca chica. no small consideration. the staff also will bend over backwards to be helpful. all in all, i had no complaints. rub elbows with the real people for a change on your vacation

Room Tip: it's ac or no
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank patrick l
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Great staff, good location, very accomodating. Only negative is the over-aggressive motoconcho drivers immediately outside of the hotel.

My story- I was driving a car and it broke down in the Mango Hotel parking lot. Instead of urging me to tow the car to a mechanic or push it onto the street, they allowed me to bring mechanics onto the property to attempt in fixing my car. They even allowed me to leave it at the property as I went to the beach and the capital, one day.

Bottom line- the hotel is very secure, accomodating and friendly. The Mango is MY hotel in Boca Chica.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and facing the pool are better. 1st floor rooms by the reception area get...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Charlie P
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The many times I have stayed at the Mango, I find that it has a family atmosphere which is unique in the DR. The staff is always friendly and courteous and eager to help with a problem. The Advice I have received is invaluable as well as any assistance i have needed. The Hotel is extremely secure and has overnight staff, which will cook for you should you feel the Need. I have stayed here 5 different occasions and will return eagerly this Fall.

Room Tip: I like the larger rooms on the Third Floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mikepools
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I recently visited boca chica from 16 sept - 20 sept 2011. My first experience with boca chica and I stayed at the hotel Calypso, which was a severe mistake. After 2 nights there, I found this little gem and finally felt I could relax and enjoy my vacation. What makes this place special, in addition to the great manager Karl and owner Mario, is the segregated wall/gates keeping the scavengers outside while you enjoy the pleasant atmosphere of the bar/pool/billiards table with Karl and the gang. Don't waste your time staying anywhere else. The rooms are a little on the lower side, but this is not an issue considering the peace and safety and security you receive while staying at this tranquil hotel in the midst of all the chaos outside. I will stay here every time I travel to boca chica and no other place.

As far as Hotel Calypso, I'll write that review another date on their page

Room Tip: Apartments have refrigerators, others don't.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank Brian A
Reviewed 11 February 2011

My husband and I have stayed at all inclusive resorts and are done with them. We have gotten very sick from the buffet food and the service is not worth the money. We recently stayed in Boca Chica, D.R for a month. After the first week at an all inclusive we found a little gem called Hotel Mangos which we stayed at for 3 weeks.
There are single rooms from $25 to $36 and rooms with kitchenettesfrom $55 a night.
Boca chica does have a very entertaining night life and yes, there are prostitutes. My husband and I still choose to come to Boca chica because of it's beautiful beaches and wonderful friendly people. Mangos offered a safe, secure (many cameras),
affordable and well serviced option to an all inclusive. We were treated so well by Mario, Karl, Julio and Nelson. The cleaningstaff were so nice and not once did we find anything missing from our rooms which has happened at 2 out of 3 all inclusive resorts.

The rooms have an in room safe, air conditioning, fans, There is room service, a pool table, free wi-fi access, a pool with lovely sitting area, a large projector screen, fresh flowers to cut and bring to the room,laundry service if needed and snack bar with a selection of alcohol, chips,chocolate bars etc.

I was reading one bad review that was not consistent with our stay--The beach is a 5 minute walk away and there are moto taxis that will drive you for a small fee if needed. Everyone drives a moto here simply because it is cheaper gas than to own a car. I never once was bothered by the sound and I do not drink alcoholso I never found the need to "get drunk so that I could fall asleep". I am sure that if there was a problem with a lumpy
bed we would simply mention it to Mario and he would find one that was not so lumpy. As for the prostitutes, there were definitelya few ladies that would hang out with men but not once were we ever bothered by them, in fact, we played pool and watched baseball with some.

I have nothing but good things to say about Mangos. They saved our vacation and we met some very hard working people who aimed to please.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank RandomMeg
Reviewed 22 January 2011

The whole experience of staying at Hotel Mango felt familial, with the owner even offering to share his diner with me.

With Billiards, a swimming pool, bar, internet and friendly staff on 24 hours a day, this place was wonderful. The place is very clean safe and relaxed.

Traveling alone can be rough, but the people here have made it feel more welcoming than I had ever imagined. So while you might lose in a game of pool to Karl, a friendly multilingual German, you will most surely win by trying this place out.

Please consider this your home away form home as I did.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
#5 of 19 in Boca Chica
Plaza Real Resort
Plaza Real Resort
#7 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to Hotel Mango? Share your experiences!