“Dedicated Staff...Bad Management...Here Are Some Tips”

Be Live Experience Hamaca Garden
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel has some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. As an all inclusive hotel there is endless amounts of drinks and food. I had no problems with my room that I would consider major. Other guests had a lot more problems and inconveniences.

Here are some tips:
1) The gym is tiny so go either early or late to be able to work out.
2) Go to the shows- the entertainment is pretty good. They are not Vegas acts but you will love their enthusiasm.
3) Not all rooms are the same. Some may have safes and working air conditioners but not all.
4) DO NOT DRINK THE WATER. ALWAYS DRINK BOTTLED WATER.
5) When you order a free drink- Don't get ice in it. This goes along with don't drink the water.
6) The hotel puts a bright orange band on your arm. This can be a problem and can make you a target of locals. They know that a bright orange band means you are staying at a hotel.
7) Wifi is expensive.
8) They will most likely mess up your room reservations.
9) HAVE A LOT OF PATIENCE YOU ARE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY
10) The staff is nice and willing to help.

I hope this helps. THIS IS NOT PUNTA CANA. People go here because it is cheaper. You get what you paid for.

3  Thank KnickerbockerJones
There are newer reviews for Be Live Experience Hamaca Garden

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I went to this horrible hotel on July 19, 2014, and the only good thing was my departure, I felt so relieved to get out of there.
check in was the slowest of all the hotels I have stayed.
3 people have and still took an hour and 45 minutes to do.
the room was awful and reeked of damp, the front door did not lock from the inside, the lamps were broken, dirty walls, the bathroom had all the taps rusted, water was yellow, rusty the coffee machine, air conditioning did not work properly the phone dela room never worked, if I wanted something I had to go to the lobby, which was quite far, reporting problems several times, were never solved.

there were some blackouts during the nights.

The food was nasty, restaurants: they gave you the food that They want, not what you order and 1 hour later.

the staff service was awfull, like they bothered to assist you.

most of the staff of this hotel was texting or talking about Chikunguya virus. the water is not in a bottle , they "purify " the water that you drink , by themselves. and the taste is horrible!

also, have a lot of prostitutes walking inside the hotel!
my 7 years old daughter was so uncomfortable!she could not even swim quite in the pool ( that usually is dirty) because of "those ladies" as they was almost naked and after all men there !!!

I do not recommend this hotel

1  Thank Paola A
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I went down July 12th to begin my stay at the be live. This was supposed to be the happiest moment of my life because I was having my wedding there on the beach In a couple of days. I had all my guest fly out and book at this disgusting "resort" that is total trash. The rooms are disgusting , dirty & smell. The furniture is out dated and most of the rooms my guest booked had no air conditioning unit. Total embarrassment!!! This was sooo disappointing that even after we spent thousands of dollars to have our wedding there the staff was nasty ! They didn't want to accommodate us nor our guest. DONT STAY AT THIS PIECE OF CRAP ! It should be closed down ASAP ! There are water bugs flying in the lobby and the food is disgusting. There are hookers trying to pick up men by the pool area ! Total embarrassment. Save yourself the money and the grief !!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank priscilla A
Reviewed 23 July 2014

It was the WORST hotel that i have ever been to. Don't go there!!!!

1. the air conditioning is simply nonexistent.
2. the rooms are smelly and hot. the furniture is also very old and ugly
3. food is bad, really bad. i think precooked meals are better than those served there.
4. the rooms of the hamaca garden are very close to the garbage dump!! the area stinks and is very ugly!
5. the pools are dirty
6. there were some blackouts during the nights i stayed there, so there is no power plant (is not that electricity is worth it when the air conditioning doesn't work!)

Even when i paid for an all inclusive package, i ended eating at the restaurants that are nearby. IT WAS A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank assiray
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Omg where to start , we had a group of almost 20 people which we had 5 rooms booked all I can say is what a dump. The garden rooms were like a shack with out dated furniture the shower was disgusting and with mildew . The mattresses were yellow and disgusting the sheets were dirty and we didn't have blankets , let me not even tell you about the disgusting pillows. I spent half of my vacation at the front desk trying to change my room which was changed from bad to worst they gave me a room with no air conditioner for 3 days and they kept telling me a tech fixed the AC . The employees were very frustrated with all the complaints you could hear them chatting with each other about all valid concerns . This was suppose to be the best vacation ever since my sister was getting married at this hotel but my lord these people didn't care much that thousands of dollars were being spent we were so embarrassed for all of our guests who traveled so far to come to this dump of hotel . This hotel has been expanded so many times finding a room it's like a maze , also the pool was dirty even early in the morning . I have to say when this hotel was owned by Hilton it was an amazing experience now this should be called the disgrace of boca chica . I am unclear how the club area has a separate entrance for locals and prostitutes whom are walking around practically naked . Also the security in this place is a joke they are busy being on their phones talking or texting . The best was the crossing guards whom really did their jobs and paid attention to cross guests . The buffet in the morning had a stray cat wondering around this was disgusting . Also the area were the ATM is located is very isolated be very careful .

Room Tip: The garden rooms are out dated your best bet is to choose a room near the beach and pool also ask to...
1  Thank solsire f
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We traveled at the end of May 2014. We originally booked at the Be Live Hamaca Garden... When we arrived, we were pretty shocked at how creepy it was. There was no door into the bathroom and the shower had a clear glass door. There were 3 of us to a room, so not having a bathroom door and the shower not having any privacy was not an option for us. The balcony door did not lock and there was a safe in the room, but it didn't lock either. We went to the front desk to inquire and they offered us an upgrade to the other part of the same resort, just across the road, for only $50/person for the full 5 nights we would be staying. Best $50 we could have spent. There were 6 of us in total and we ended up with adjacent ground-level rooms that were literally steps from the pool and just past that... the beach! It was perfect. After that, my only complaint would be the food. Granted, it was an all-inclusive stay so I guess you get what you pay for, but the food was awful. I actually bought potato chips from the on-site souvenir shop one day because the food was that terrible. The buffet food was okay if you got there as soon as it opened and dug beneath the top layer where all of the flies were landing. I do understand its an open buffet, so it's basically outside, but still. The coffee was phenomenal and the fruit was always good and tasted fresh. The customer service was fantastic and they were always cleaning and maintaining. The event coordinators were a ton of fun and I applaud their dedication. They were up getting people together by 8 a.m. and still entertaining well into the night. I would give the better half of the resort 5 stars if not for the food. I would definitely return. Also, the Neptunes restaurant close by was not included but well worth the money. THAT food was delicious.

Room Tip: Ground-level rooms are a perfect distance from the pool and the ocean! (Level "zero")
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

You can always find nice and fancy resorts anywhere, but everything is about the service and here at The Hamaca you will have a good experience. I went july 2014 with my family (14 members) and it was very pleasant.

I have been in a lots resorts and this one has the best Customer Service Manager (ANA), who take care of the customers and help you out with everything. The complex doesn't look very fancy, but if you are willing to spend time with your family and relax, but at the same time you want to enjoy of a good service, don't think it twice and visit the Be Live Hamaca resort.

The guest service team is very well leaded by Ana, and also the reception team is very fast and friendly. Speedy (reception supervisor) helped me and took care of me. They knows how to help the customers. I will be back very soon and I totally recommend it. Only one negative thing was that the bartenders were too slow and not friendly.

If you want to enjoy your holidays over there, I am pretty sure that Ana (guest service manager), Speddy (reception supervisor), Enghel and cesar (waiters from the buffet), Paola (receptionist), the animation staff and Adriana (guest service) are going to help to enjoy the max of your holidays.

Thanks for everything....

Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to Be Live Experience Hamaca Garden? Share your experiences!