“major changes, pronto!!!”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Boca Chica
Bayamon
“major changes, pronto!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

First, I specifically asked for a bigger bed waaaaayyy before getting there, What did I get? Two bed room, water on the closet floor, and no fridge. At least they explained that those rooms depended on availability, which I understand, They found one, pretty cool room, much better that I expected. Food was good, but me and my date felt ignored sometimes. Yes, I understand summer weekends are busy, but three times ignore is enough for me because finishing my meals and not even a glass of water? Really? At other hotels where I stayed, usually have a do not disturbed signs, or signs when the room needs cleaning. Two times I was awakened by the cleaing lady. I mean, I don't mind they need to do their job, but we were in the room and needed no interruption. The place is beautiful, the vegetation, flowers, but needs paint (our room was half painted), renovations, and shuffling (the dumpster needs to be away from where people walk to their rooms). I loved Coral Hamaca, not sure I even like Be Live.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luciano T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Polish first
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for one night July 4, 2013 with my six years old daughter and my nice made a reservation for all three of us. We waited about 2 hours to check in. Finally got to the room and it was a leak in the room,only one bed for three people.The hotel is in a very good location but is really sad that the customer services is so poor....never again no even for free.Very bad experience

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel........no good......no bueno
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DR30_13

Travellers are raving about these Boca Chica hotels

New York, NY
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed at the Be Live Hamaca one night (7/6/13). Had to wait to a long time to check in as my room was not ready. They only provided towels for one guest and there were two of us. Also, the bathtub was dirty or stained considering that the room had been remodeled. The telephone in the room did not function at all. I reported that I needed one more set of towels and that the telephone needed to be fixed. Never heard from them. The issues were not addressed at all. I also believe that they need to improve the quality of the food. The grounds were well kept and the exterior of the facility is nice.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013

ok...the good, the bad, then the ugly-
The Good = Great beach( clear shallow water, very clean) 3 nice pools, very friendly activities staff, plenty of food options, plenty of security guards felt safe.
The Bad= 1)lack of shade at beach and pools. There are no umbrellas, however there are these cabana like structures on beach that provide shade. we got up early everyday to put our towels on chairs otherwise they fill up too quick. 2) there are 4 restaurants other than buffet for dinner. You have to book them a day in advance and you can only book one day at a time. you can not book for same day. There is a desk by the buffet and you have to get there in morning to reserve. Men can not wear sandals or shorts above knee to restaurants. We learned hard way. 3) resort is very large. We stayed beach side...all restaurants are on the garden side so be prepared to walk. 4) lack of elevators and handicap access to beach...if you are going to the beach be prepared for tons of stairs. There is no elevator or ramp to get to beach and we had a stroller with a baby. Very difficult! 5) so called all-inclusive doesn't include the one nightclub on premises. Makes no sense, but only your first drink is free and it has to be rum and coke. Plus club is open to public. 6) power does go out at hotel a couple times a day, but it is only for about 5 minutes at a time.
The UGLY= 1) prostitues...they are everywhere & apparently cheap for the US dollar. The casino at hotel is open to public and you will find them there. The nightclub is open to the public and they swarm in there. At the restaurants and on beach you will see men with these girls. Its very sad as some girls look very young. 2) check in process is the slowest I have ever seen. There is only person doing check ins. Lines are ridiculous.They say checkin is at 3...do not bother getting there before then as everyone I know couldn't get in until at least 330. 3) some rooms at hotels are hideous. If you aren't happy keep complaining til you get what you deserve. Our first room 223 was on lobby level, right next to lobby bar,had no balcony,floors and bathroom were filthy, room smelled like mold, tv didn't work at all, had 2 twin size like beds and we were due a king bed per expedia, roaches on wall. After one night and a friend with us who speaks Spanish..we got a Great room to my surprise # 441. Had a king bed, was clean, no bugs, everything worked, had a balcony and we were very happy from the 2nd night on.

So overall.... we were fairly happy. It is def a 3 star hotel

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank beachbumjj
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

The location and beach are very good, but they are totally lost at guest and room services. My party (several people) had room problems related to air acc that practically didn't work, problems with showers, telephones and even the beds. The food and drinks are average. If possible I would try to avoid it in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jorge H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2013

You know how they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me? Not sure what made me go to this hotel for the 2nd time, I guess because it has one of the best beaches I have ever been to. But this is it. Everything else is beyond terrible:

service: The only place in the DR where the people are not nice. The service is so horrible, and the staff is so rude! They always run out of beach towels, and make you feel like you are nagging them. The check-in line took over an hour, and then I had to wait 3 more hours until my room was ready.

Rooms: They are dirty, and if you do want to go there, take a deluxe beach front room, otherwise prepare to shower with flip flops

Safe: If you want to use the safe in the room you have to pay extra

Food: one word: Horrible. Looks and tastes disgusting, and I suffered from indigestion the entire time

Internet: price for internet is outrageous! I bought 25 hours for 25$, which you can use over 6 days. On the 2nd day, after using it for 4 hours, it said that i used up my time. So I go to complain, and they told me that i should have logged out each time, so it won't use up the time ( you have to go to a special website to log out, it is not enough to turn your device off, which BTW I did). I said that no one told me that and asked to be reconnected. They said no, and that my only option is to pay again, and it is my fault. I kept getting the same answer from the manager and the guest services representative.

Sleep quality: very bad. they let people stay on the beach and make noise all night, with very loud music. Haven't slept a wink!

parking: always full, so you either have to pay for parking somewhere else or park in the street

Do yourself a favor, go somewhere else

Room Tip: Only Deluxe rooms are reasonable, and the ocean view ones are actually not bad
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank MHessNYC
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Was there jun 25 2013
Was there for three hours and they had to change our room 3 times due to the doors looking like someone broke in and how dirty it looked.the hotel had cats everywhere even in the buffet area where u eat ,the place was so dirty we left the next day I got sick either from the horrible food or drinks, no good service this hotel is going down hill and i am glad it is! all of ur pervious reviews were all spot on ! this hotel is the worst ever, customer service and all, you couldn't pay me to even look at this disgusting place !! !!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio
Be Live Collection Punta Cana

Been to Be Live Experience Hamaca Suites? Share your experiences!