“MY FAVORITE PLACE TO STAY IN BOCA CHICA”
Review of Hotel Garant

Hotel Garant
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a motel with the feel of home of security 24/7. The room consist of working WiFi, cable TV with american channels, shower (with hot water), 24 hour security and front desk service. Two blocks down the street is where all the action people come to Boca Chica to enjoy along with the Beach. The room also has refrigerator (big size) where you stock soda, beer, and ice for longer stays. The room is spacious, in I don't think I can say enough about this place. They even offer laundry service (consult housekeeping). I would only recommend this hotel to couples and solo travelers although children would be comfortable here also. If you want breakfast it will cost you extra but not too much and starts around 8 am. The photos are accurate enough so I didn't provide any.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms seem to have AC and Bottom floor rooms don't. Suites are located at the end of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Easylivingtravel

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have stayed in Boca Chica many times but this was my first time at Hotel Garant. This will now be my go to hotel.
The Garant is 3 blocks from the beach and 2 blocks from Calle Duarte, entertainment central. The rooms are spacious, queen size bed, large shower with excellent water pressure and great hot water. Each room has a table and chairs outside on the landing and is good for having a drink with friends. The pool is also very nice. The rooms are clean, maid service excellent and 2 towels and floor mat are provided. Bar soap is also provided.
The rooms were very quiet and I did not hear any noise at all from other room guests or street noise.
There is also a restaurant for breakfast but I did not use it because of the many restaurants within a short walk.
The security is excellent. Each room has a key to the main gate and a hefty room safe. There is a security guard 24/7.
The hotel can arrange taxi at anytime and it was 1200p to SDQ airport.

Room Tip: second floor and suites have A/C. first floor has fan
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed in Boca Chica for one week and wouldn't have gone there if we didnt have some of our family living overthere. Of all the kilometers of beach line that Dominican Republic has to offer, the Boca Chica beach on less than 5 minutes walking-distance from the hotel, is one you can miss. It's not really for tourists but moreover for Dominicans from the capital that come here in
the weekends. Majority of westerners is here only for one reason, if you are able to ignore that this hotel is just fine for local standards. Definitely clean and safe which I would consider most important here. Location is quiet but still good, in Boca Chica is not that big at itself, everything here is basically nearby. Everything is basic including the swimming pool, but at least it is there and clean. Service was five-star, when my son lost the sole of his shoe they called someone in
to bring glue and fixed his shoe on time for the wedding. Roberto, always there during the night, was also a great and friendly lad, ask him for fair taxi rates if you want to head out somewhere
to i.e. Punta Cana for the real tropical beach-deal, he helped us out great. Not blaming the hotel for the reason that many western men come for here, the only bad thing was they could not accept credit cards and ATMs can be a headache in Boca Chica (try Popular for maestro).

Room Tip: Ask for a room without noisy bed, we stayed here two times and had a exceptional noisy bed at the fi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Faustino_Asprilla
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel was perfect for our budget and our short stay in Boca Chica. The staff was nice, we felt completely safe and the hotel was immaculately clean. The pool was great as well. We were able to park our rental car out front and it eas never touched. And the beach and strip are a short 4 min walk. We paid around $45 US per night however if we would have booked directly with the hotel we could have gotten the room for a cheaper price.We booked through some website where we were told to pay at the hotel directly and of course this site got a cut because of it.

Other than that it was perfect. My husband and I had a great time. WE spent the first 3 days of our honeymoon here and it was an absolute pleasure.

Room Tip: There is not much of a view but we choose a center room on the bottom floor without Air Conditioning...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The first time I stayed in the Hotel Garant, I felt safe this was in March 09/13, came back too seek the same service
and safe feeling I felt before, this time I came back with my husband and we felt great, we will return, Alicia, and the front desk guys are very nice, also the person incharge super nice. This hotel is what we needed, economic with great service.
Buy the way i was back June 09th three months later.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. The price was perfect for this hotel. Very affordable. Staff was great and YES clean facility. I believe it is run by a church. The one thing that I did not like was the pool closes at 6:00PM. And this hotel seems to have long stay guests that they feel like they are special. Had a great time in Boca Chica. Much to do within this small city.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This was a very nice and quiet hotel. The staff was very attentive and the rooms were very clean.
They serve a very nice breakfast every morning on the terrace.
If your looking for a nice, clean, and affordable hotel this is it.

p.s. Did I mention it was a 5 minute walk to Boca Chica beach?

Room Tip: I upgraded to a suite when I found out the economy rooms had no ac. The suite was nice with a sittin...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo