“Wonderful Hotel”
Review of Hotel Garant

Hotel Garant
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Boca Chica
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a luxurious hotel this is not place, however my 5 days at this hotel was excellent, very quiet, clean and secure. I love the safety box and the staff was very friendly. I must point out the economical room for $45 does not come with a/c, you also have your own key for the front gate that is kept closed at all times, if you bringing in a visitor make sure they have an ID...they will not be permitted. The hotel is next to everything, 5 minutes from the beach(walking), 15 minutes from the airport and shops and restaurants are a block away. The people are pleasant and hospitalable, the beach is beautiful, I would recommend Boca Beach as a destination for vacation, I must also state at the hotel the manager was wondering, Roberto and the others made me feel at home, the WIFI was excellent, even in the room, I could make free calls via wifi to the US with tmobile.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank corlyle

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This trip I choose the room with air conditioning, since it was Summertime.

Enjoyed bringing food back to sit by the pool to eat.

There are 20 rooms and I usually use booking.com to reserve.

Its cash only

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with air conditioning. It gets very hot in July and August
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jimmydr
Reviewed 22 April 2014

First of alll I would like to say hello to, Eddie, Roberto, Alexis, and Macks. They made my stay at the hotel from 4/14/14 through 4/20/14 a wonderful experience. I you like an atmosphere present of family vibes, Garanta is that place. The facilities are nice an clean. The rooms are kept really nice. Fresh daily towels, however bring you tolitaries, recommend smalller 2oz plastic of everything, smaller the better, no large fragrances, cologne, or soaps. There is a market within 2 blocks and you can purchase what you need cheap. I donot recommend this hotel for kids. Older adults will find the environment comfortable. married couples will enjoy however hope they are not the jealous type. There some beautiful women that patronage the place. The staff is very helpful. The rooms costs has encreased starting at $57 to $77 US. use the safe deposit in your room, at each chance, all valuables lock up when not in use. Keep your expensive valuables at home. The people there are friendly. Bring cash lower dominations, hotel will accept dollars for payment only. They serve a nice cheap breakfast daily. Alexis wil prepare you a meal for $5- 200 pascoes. You will have a nice time withe locals each evening they have block parties. Resturant tables are place in the middle of the street and food, beverages, and music is the norm. Incidently my sta lasted 6 days, however 4 days is about right for a visit. Before venturing out, ask Roberto or Macks for information, Enjoy Alex!!!!

Room Tip: •"Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank ClamBake
Reviewed 20 April 2014

After checking out of another hotel in the same city that was terrible we were told by a couple to try this hotel out and we loved it. The room was decorated very nice and it was clean. The bed was soft and there pillows were comfortable not like my past hotel. The pool was clean and the restaurant has a very nice breakfast. the staff is polite and tried to assist us. We shall return because it is relaxing and this is how it should be. This is our 3rd country on our trip/

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank shelly S
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I am a frequent traveler to the Dominican Republic. However, this was my first time staying in the beach town of Boca Chica, which is about 10 minutes from Las Americas Airport and 25-30 minutes east of the capital of Santo Domingo. After checking the reviews for this property on tripadvisor.com, I decided to stay at the Garant. Let me just say that I loved my stay here so much, I will be staying here again next month (May 2014) when I return to the Dominican Republic for my birthday.

The Garant is very quaint spot, situated on a hill, and is not too far from Ave Duarte where all the action is at in Boca Chica. Also, the Garant is close to the beautiful Boca Chica beach, which is the main reason I chose to stay in Boca Chica. Basically, if you walk out of the Garant, turn left, walk down the hill, you will come to Ave Duarte first. Then you will hit the beach. I really loved the location of the Garant.

The place is very clean. The room that I reserved had the basics. However, a couple of “those basics” easily were better than most of the chain hotels that I have stayed at in the past. My room had an air-conditioner unit that made the room feel cold like the North Pole at times. Dealing with the Dominican heat, that was great to have. I cannot remember staying in a hotel room that provided such good cool air like the Garant. Also, I had access to Wi-Fi. The Garant gives you two options for Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi at the Garant seem to be more powerful and faster than my Comcast Wi-Fi here at my condo. Matter of fact, my homeboy, who stays in Santo Domingo, visited my room the second day I was there. His reaction to the Wi-Fi was, “Wow man, this Wi-Fi is good.” As some of us say, the Wi-Fi at the Garant is the BOMB.

The staff at the Garant was great to deal with. Their helpfulness and response to a certain issue(I will discuss later)that I had during my stay made my experience here a great one. Joel and Roberto are two of the nicest, most courteous, and accommodating hotel employees that you will EVER have the pleasure of dealing with if you chose to stay here. I am a very picky person at times. However, no matter what I asked of Joel (there during the day), or Roberto (there during the night), they were sure to accommodate me and made sure that I was satisfied with the results. Case and point, while taking a shower one time, the hot water turned cool. I told Robert about the problem. His response was, “I can fix that problem.” I am not sure what he did, but the hot water was STEAMING HOT from that point on. I was so impressed with that, I almost shed a tear. GOOD JOB ROBERTO!

There is a small restaurant at the front of the Garant that serves breakfast only. You can either sit at the tables in the front of the Garant which are on the outside, or you can have the food delivered to your room. For breakfast, I chose the basics, egg whites, ham, toast, and potatoes. If you read my reviews, you know I like my food cooked well. The cook at the Garant did just such and I was duly satisfied.

There is a nice swimming pool and several pieces of gym equipment in the rear area of the Garant. The pool is nice and clean.

The Garant is a very secure place. There is an entrance and exit gate for which you must use a key to open from both sides. Plus Roberto watches the place like a hawk. Not once did I feel insecure or uneasy.

I have not stayed at any other hotel in Boca Chica. The Garant is rated as the best of them all there. Knowing that and having such a great experience at the Garant, it is safe to say that whenever I stay in Boca Chica, you can bet that it will be at the Garant. The Garant is a true winner.

Check out some of my pictures.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with an air-conditioner.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank midnightlaw202
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a nice place adjacent to the main street in Boca chica. It had everything you could want-decent size, AC, wi-fi, cable TV, fridge in room. You do need to bring your own toiletries.

The hotel is used by older guys and their local chicas. It is a strange sight but as you walk down the streets of BC, you get the sense that anything goes.

The staff is very helpful, friendly. They make a nice breakfast, get you a cab.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank joshua m
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Safe, clean, convenient to everything. Joel at the front desk was very welcoming, professional and a wonderful sense of humor. Would recommend to my wife if she was traveling there solo. Will definitely stay there on my return visit. Boca Chica is a beautiful with beautiful and friendly people but be aware that it is a sex tourism destination.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars for an air conditioned room. Upstairs suites are worth the extra ten doll...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends