“A restaurant you should try at sunset if you are near Geneva”

The Shamwari Restaurant
Reserve with
The Shamwari Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Crozet
Price range: US$49 - US$130
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Shamwari is primarly the name of one of the most beautiful nature reserves in Africa. This contemporary design restaurant (capacity of 80 seats) is separated from the main building. It offers a change of scenery, including the exotic and captivating beauty reminiscent of South Africa. The dark tones which reflect the light on exotic wood give a foretaste of sensual delight. Our Chef Vincent Betton wants to highlight the taste and product, with a special attention to the seasons, terroir and fish he’d rather cook.
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The hotel has just been accredited Relais & Chateaux ( late 2012 ) with a new chef ( from le Gavroche 2 star michelin in London until 2012). We are going at the Jiva Hill since couple of years with friends and family as we do enjoy, drinks with beautiful views, golf and nice place to be, so the Jiva Hill was the perfect location, but the restaurant wasn't so exciting! But we had dinner last night and now that's definitely up to the standard of what you could expect. Food is great, a mix of modern & well balanced taste combinations, the service is the quality of a R&C but with a very welcome note of happiness and somehow happiness which is good news for the R&C brand. And last but not least, wine list is rich and not only big name oriented.
Overall it is a very good value for money and definitely they found the right balance here.
To clarify the sunset tittle reference, it is simply one the nicest view in the area over the Mt Blanc, and at sunset it is truly amazing...
Already planning to go back there...

Jiva Hill P, Directeur général at The Shamwari Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Sir
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with the trip advisor community. I am sincerely happy to hear that you have enjoyed each and every single occasion in which you have visited our resort. Our new chef is indeed really professional and attentive and I would be more than happy to let him know your impression. He will be more than happy to share with his team your comment. Your laudatory comment is for us a great encouragement and a source of motivation which supports us in our rise on the excellence’s pathway.
Also I'm glad you enjoyed our exceptional setting in the foothills of the Jura Mountains and facing the majestic Mont Blanc range , it is for sure the best relaxing place for having diner outside in the area ..

Once again thank you very much and I wish you a wonderful summer

Hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the last one.

I’m looking forward to see you soon then…

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I have been for dinner but their lunch menu was fantastic. I enjoy coming to this hotel for business meals but look forward to coming privately also. I was surprised by the choice offered for the lunch menu which changes weekly. I recommend to combine lunch or dinner with a day at the spa and pamper yourself!!!

Dear Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having shared with us your feelings about your stay in our restaurant.
We were delightful to discover that your business lunch was a great moment and a way to discover our hotel and SPA. Your comment is a great source of encouragement within the framework of our efforts to make the Jiva Hill rise to the rank of one of the leading hotels in its category, by offering a wide range of high-level service and facilities near Geneva.

We hope to greet you again on another occasion, feel free to contact me if you need, that will my pleasure to welcome you personally

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

What a treat; from breakfast to dinner you are pampered with a selection of food and wine you will be dreaming of. Enjoy! Be aware, you will put on weight! Temp pis!

Dear Madame
First of all, we would like to thank you for the comment you took the time to write and to publish on our TripAdvisor page. We were delighted to learn that your stay was a great time for you, and that you spent it in excellent conditions. The staff members taking a great part in the success of a stay, they are trained to adopt a “Luxury attitude”, that is to say to familiarise themselves with the attitudes and behaviour which are specific to our own vision of contemporary luxury. They are trained to have an understanding of the needs and expectations of our guests in order to ensure that we meet it and give you entire satisfaction.
I won't hesitate to share your lovely comment with all our restaurant team, they will be more than happy to learn that you had a great experience in our restaurant.
Once again, we thank you for your comment, and we truly hope that we would have the opportunity to greet you on another occasion.

Best regards

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This was our fourth visit to this restaurant. It was every bit as good as on three earlier visits. This time I had the fillet of steak which was perfectly cooked and presented. All the courses were well presented. It was almost a shame to eat the desserts - they looked so good!

The atmosphere is one of relaxed quality. The staff are very attentive and professional. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

Jiva Hill P, Directeur général at The Shamwari Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Sir

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with the trip advisor community. I am sincerely happy to hear that you have enjoyed each and every single occasion in which you have visited our restaurant, our staff is indeed really professional and attentive and I would be more than happy to let them know your thoughts about their performance. I hope your fifth visit will be as pleasant as the ones before and I would like to invite you to come to our barbecues that will take place in the restaurant’s terrace as soon as the sunny days arrive.

Looking forward to see you

Reviewed 5 March 2013

For a full account, please read my review of Jiva Hills Resort, but let me just add this: Le Shamwari is a haven for foodlovers on a ski trip!

Dear Madam

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with the tripadvisor community. I have read your review and I am genuinely happy to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations once again. It is true that in our restaurant you have the opportunity to experience a true gastronomic cuisine embedded in a frame of nature and harmony.

I look forward to welcoming you again