Jiva Hill Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$39
Hotels.com
US$89
US$84
US$61
Ibis St Genis Pouilly Geneve(Saint-Genis-Pouilly)
US$98
US$62
US$55
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjiva hillgolf coursejunior suitegeneva airportnice hotelcaesar saladfirst classmont blancartificial lakemain restauranttop qualityprivate jacuzzipool tablenice stayswimming poolbeautiful locationwater skiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2011

As a frequent business traveller to Geneva, I am used to stay in various hotels there. But the staff there - reception, reservation desk - is exceptionally rude and confusing. They were treating me like [...]and complained to me that I had to change my reservation date. Can you believe this?! On top of everything, the room then was not really properly cleaned, the bathroom showed still traits of shaving foam and the room still smelled from the previous guest. What a desaster. Overpriced and a nightmare. Go somewhere else!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank swimfan7
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Actually we did not sleep in this hotel. We came to play golf. We found the hotel and the location very beautiful. Some construction is still going on. But the staff is totally uninterested. We ordered tea and coffee in the Wodka bar, some overweight server came with our order plus the check. We did not ask for a bill, in fact we had wanted to order more drinks, but as the bill was presented to us unasked for, we paid and left. The coffee was served without a glas of water, not even a little chocolate or biscuit to accompany our drinks. We passed reception, 3 people behind the desk and not one of them looked at us to say goodbye.
Room for improvement: training of staff to smile and make guests feel welcome.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ellis13
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Beautiful boutique hotel, lots of wood, great design style. Breakfast good and enough choice but not extra-ordinary. Restaurant delicious. Gorgeous pool but was closed at 7:15 a.m. for cleaning while it was supposed to be open at 6 a.m., and the spa closed at 6 p.m. which is a bit early when you stay for business. Personnel very friendly. Beds are fantastic. Bathroom also super, you can watch television from the bath, nice walk-in shower and excellent products (shampoo etc) from Carita. Ask for room away from main hall or you could get awakened by cleaning activity at 5:30 a.m. like one of my colleagues. Beautiful lounge which you can book for a meeting too. Bar a bit disappointing (fluorescent light does not fit in this hotel). Overall really nice hotel thanks to the relaxing atmosphere and beautiful design!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Pat-and-Jan
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I stayed in the junior pavillon suite and it really was lovely. The back porch faces the golf course and you have your own jacuzzi to sit back and drink a bottle of wine. It takes 15mins from Geneva airport via taxi as there is no public transport to the hotel. If i was to stay again i would definately pay the extra money for the suite as the cheaper rooms were ordinary hotel rooms where as the suite was situated on its own. Its worth staying here if you want the relaxation away from "city life" in Geneva.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank InLoveWithAfrica1
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Booked one of the six "Junior Suites" for a romantic weekend. According to the hotel website, the expensive Junior Suites have a terrace (with jacuzzi) and a garden. But what they do not tell you is that the terrace either faces the parking lot (with lots of noise from the cars and motorcycles on the driveway or the golf course that is under construction) and that the "garden" consists of a tiny square of grass, to which you have no access from your room/terrace - however, any passerby or curious guest can have access to the "garden" and worse, to your private terrace (since there is no physical barrier to it).
Commom "Spa area" of hotel consists of a ground floor with indoor pool/jacuzzi and adjacent outdoor area basically fits 6 lounge chairs (so forget about sunbathing or anything else next to the pool on a weekend since it will be crowded with any small amount of guests). Downstairs there is one dry sauna, one hamman, one cold tub and 2 showers. Having been to many other 4/5 * hotel/spas in Switzerland and France, I found what the Jiva Hill offers bellow average.
Food is very nice at the restaurant, but on Sundays they will offer only one set menu, Breakfast is too basic (and self service) -like any 3 star hotel- for them to charge 20 euros per person.
Room (like the rest of the hotel) is nicely decorated but the finishings/maintenance (for such a new hotel) leaves a lot to be desired...
Housekeeping never replaced my towels, toiletries and only once changed used glasses. On the first day, after no housekeeping until noon, I called twice housekeeping extension and nobody answered, I then called the reception for housekeeping and, 90 minutes later, nothing, on the fourth try, they finally sent someone 120 minutes later.
The worst however, is the management/service/booking system. I arrived on a Saturday, was the only one there for check in (booked through the hotel web site system) and they couldn't find my reservation. The first clerk called the resident manager who also had a hard time trying to find my reservation. During the almost half an hour that I waited at the reception desk, I tried to show the e-mail I received from their booking system with the confirmation number but they did not care and ignored that.
Having paid 500 plus USD a night (no breakfast or anything included) I expected better service.
They managed to outdo themselves on my second (and last) morning there, which I was woken up a little bit before 7 (in the morning!) with continuous noise coming from my "private terrace". Having being told by the bellboy that it was safer to keep my door to the private terrace locked (!) at the hotel, I got out of bed to check what it was: it probably was housekeeping, since 1 minute later, without a knock on the door or anything, there was a guy from housekeeping entering my room (at 7 in the morning) UNANNOUNCED - I guess that even at roadside cheap motels (that would cost only a fraction of the 500 USD+ I payed a night for room only) (1) the management has some kind of control about which rooms are vacant (and which ones are not!) to know which ones they should be sending housekeeping; (2) there is a "do not disturb" sign available to the hanged on the doorknob; (3) there is a safety lock or chain for the ones that are inside the room and, finally, the most important, (4) housekeeping announces itself before entering (an occupied!) room (at 7 in the morning)!
Most surprising, after calling the reception and having the resident manager call me back one hour later, all he could say is that there would be some kind of recompensation as he would make up for me in breakfast (!) .
Since I decided not to have breakfast that morning, upon check out the receptionist offered not an apologize, but a 20% reduction on the cost of the room rate, for the second night only, as if it were a HUGE concession and favor that the hotel was doing me!
In short, do not waste your money on a Junior Suite expecting privacy (or even a decent service or reliable management) or in the hotel expecting a nice and relaxing spa weekend.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple