“Decent Place”

The Misty Munnar Tree House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chinnakanal
The Misty Munnar Tree House
Ranked #10 of 16 Chinnakanal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I do agree that power was a problem, but with us they always put the generator in the night. I think the place was better than expected, at least for what we paid. I enjoyed the stay. We have been upgraded to the bigger room, and it was with a nice view. Yes poor service, sad breakfast but decent places around, so we could change everyday food and even small local food places with nice food and very cheap. I guess depends a lot what you expect. But it was clean and decent, for sure having few rooms the service was bad, but people nice, very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the road side, so you can have a good view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2012

TO BE IN DARKNESS A NIGHT WITH WIFE AND TWO YOUNG CHILDREN ........
That is what I would like to describe my stay at MISTY MUNNAR in the night of 06/05/2012.
There was no electric supply or back up. Could not even obtain hot water in the cold atmosphere of Munnar. Children were crying afraid in the night due to lack of light in the room. What the hotel provided was just a CANDLE and a match box, that too after making several demands.
My request to provide me with the VISITORS BOOK was answered in negative by the staff stating at first that there is no such book kept in the resort. Later he told me that no any negative remarks is supposed to be made in the Book as that will affect the repute of the resort.
Thereafter i prepared a short complaint regarding my experience in the resort and asked the Manager to receive the same on acknowledgement. He did not care to do so. But uttered flimsy languages against me and family members. I could also hear him speaking to the owner that we people are KACHARAS (very low class people) I never expected the staff to address their guest as Kacharas.
Thereafter he told me of his inabilities in the following words. "Owner of the resort is having several resorts in Kerala and is not properly looking after the resort. He alone is hearing all the complaints of the guests and is getting mad."
These acts are never expected from the management of a resort like MISTY MUNNAR. He also told me that they are giving rooms to CLEAR TRIP for a very small rent which is not economical to them and such guests shall not make any complaints.
ALL THE ABOVE INCIDENTS ARE NOTED HERE TO ENSURE THAT NO ANY MORE PERSON SHALL HAVE FATE TO HAVE HORRIBLE NIGHTS AFTER SPENDING AMOUNTS FROM THEIR POCKET.
The resort may be named MYSTRY MUNNAR instead of Misty Munnar.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
12  Thank RUSSELSANKAR