The staff at this inn were very pleasent and helpful during our two night stay. However room 3's bed was like sleeping on a bag of broken crockery, they did however move us to room 6 which was slightly better. The rooms are somewhat small (so don't take your cat to swing around) but reasonably clean and the showers are pretty good.
We ate in their restaurant on both evenings and had their breakfast each morning. The food was good. I think the food and drink however is cheaper in the pub up the road.
The chequers is perhaps a little expensive for what you get but our overall stay was ok.
Could do with a few more sofas in the bar area.
They must also remember to close the fire doors at ground floor level on this single staircase building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently refurbished rooms at The Chequers mean that we offer fantastic quality, comfortable rooms only a short trip from Oxford centre and the Cotswolds. Our rooms have everything you need to make your stay comfy and enjoyable. All this but with sensible prices meaning your bank manager will be as delighted as you with your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Chequers Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chequers Hotel Cassington
- The Chequers Inn Cassington, Oxfordshire