We spend just 1 night there. Was surprised that the Garmin Nuvi did not finв the exact address, but the hotel is still easy to find. Taking into account the age of the building itself we were surprised by quality of the room, bed, bedlinen, etc. My son (spent in summer school in Oxford 3 weeks) was very happy to have a more comfortable room. The breakfast was good, and well enough for us. Unfortunately we did not manage to taste the evening menu in the pub - we were late for just 5-10 min - the kitchen closes at 9 PM as almost everywhere in the vicinity. And as the hotel is located in a small settlement it was quite an experience to find a place to eat for 2 hungry men - we found some take-away kebab place in a neighbour village and compemented our dinner back in the hotel pub with nice beer!
Free parking is a big plus, the room was quiet despite it faced the street.
Good value for money we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently refurbished rooms at The Chequers mean that we offer fantastic quality, comfortable rooms only a short trip from Oxford centre and the Cotswolds. Our rooms have everything you need to make your stay comfy and enjoyable. All this but with sensible prices meaning your bank manager will be as delighted as you with your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Chequers Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chequers Hotel Cassington
- The Chequers Inn Cassington, Oxfordshire