“Amazing and Unique Hotel Near Ephesus”

Ephesus Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirazli
New York City, New York
“Amazing and Unique Hotel Near Ephesus”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My partner and I could not have more pleased with our stay at the Ephesus Boutique Hotel. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Turkey. Mustafa and his family and staff were very gracious hosts and made our stay very relaxed and pleasant. We have stayed at many different hotels around the world and can honestly say that this is a gem! The rooms was exquisite. They were clean and very comfortable with all of the amenities you Ned and want. The grounds around the hotel are very relaxing including the pool. One of the best things about the place is that they grow all of their own food and serve the most delicious meals. We had opportunities to eat out while we were here but knew that we could not get better food than what we got here. Also, Mustafa was extremely helpful in giving us suggestions for things to do in the area. He has an intimate knowledge of the things to do and see in Turkey and loves to share his knowledge! We are so happy we came across the hotel. If you want a unique, low-key, friendly and beautiful place to relax near Ephesus, choose this place. You will be glad you did!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tim S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
W. Hartford, CT
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I recently traveled to Turkey with our 20 year old daughter. We stayed in Istanbul(Grand Hyatt), Cappadocia(Kayakapi Premium Cave Hotel) and Ephesus. We chose a different type of hotel in each location and loved each one but Ephesus Boutique Hotel was unique and a perfect way to end our vacation. Although the original plan was to go to Bodrum, we are all glad we chose to avoid the crowds and experience life in a small Turkish village not too far outside of Ephesus. Upon our late arrival, we were greeted by the owner, Mustafa, with whom we chatted and enjoyed a cup of tea then were asked if/what we would like for dinner which was ready an hour later. Although we booked a triple room to accommodate the three of us, Mustafa kindly gave our daughter her own room due to availability. The rooms were nicely decorated, clean, comfortable and spacious. As mentioned in most other reviews, the produce is organic, grown on premises and could not be more fresh. There are many chickens, some ducks, turkeys and pheasants, a friendly cat and wonderful dog on the premises. Eggs come straight from the chickens, honey straight from the hive, jams freshly made, herbs and flowers freshly picked from the garden and bread freshly made. Food was absolutely delicious and abundant. Mustafa often sat with us and treated us as a guest in his home. He is generous in every way; his time, his food, his services. Since I like to cook and mentioned a possible cooking lesson, he kindly arranged for us to assist him and another staff member to make stuffed grape leaves and another mese appetizer in their very clean kitchen. We ate the food we prepared, and more, for lunch. As soon as I got home, I did make stuffed peppers and although I need to work on the spice proportion they came out pretty well. Mustafa arranged for an expert and personable guide to educate us about all the historical and fabulous sites of Ephesus. Although it seemed expensive, the fee included transportation, entrance fees to all the sites, lunch and our guide who was extremely knowledgable. It was worth the price. We swam and relaxed in the pool surrounded by gardens which overlooked the valley, enjoyed a tour of the property, and ate freshly picked figs, grapes, cucumbers, etc. My family and I are all glad we chose the serenity and noise of a farm/village including roosters crowing, dogs barking and the call to prayer from the local mosque instead of the crowds of a touristy beach. Last but not least, the present staff of 3 local turkish people, besides Mustafa and his wife, were all absolutely wonderful; attentive, sweet and professional. We thank every one of them and highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We recently spent a fabulous 2 nights at this establishment. Mustafa is a brilliant host, who obviously enjoys entertaining others. Firstly, the food he cooked was delicious (you should see the breakfast), with his garden providing the sumptuous ingredients, so fresh! I even received an impromptu cooking lesson...many special memories...and the wine...which was flowing plentifully! Lazing around the pool (eating freshly picked grapes) after being taken on a private tour of the sights of Ephesus (organised by Mustafa as well), with staff nearby to cater to any whim one might have, was a perfect end to our days spent there. Nothing is too much trouble at this hotel. if you are after a truly unique taste of Turkey, you can go no further than visiting Mustafa in Kirazli.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool and garden.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This July marked the 50th anniversary of my first visit to Turkey. I have been back many times during the intervening years. Approximately five years ago, wanting to take my wife and children to visit Ephesus, I went on the internet looking for boutique hotels near Ephesus. I was rewarded with the website for The Ephesus Boutique Hotel. We booked five nights and waited, with the customary trepidation, to see what this virtual roll of the dice might bring.

The owner, Mustafa Ciplik, had sent his always dependable, right-hand man, Kemal Alp to meet us at Adnan Menderes Airport in Istanbul. Kemal picked us up without a hitch and whisked us back to Kirazli Koy (the Village of the Cherries) where the boutique hotel is located.

Kirazli is a charming little farming community, population circa 500, nestled in the heart of a large and abundantly fertile farming valley which boasts a plentiful and wide variety of what may be the finest organic produce in all of Turkey. Cornucopia is the best word to describe it. We were immediately charmed by the boutique hotel, its owner and its staff. It is no exaggeration to say that we had to tear ourselves away to move on to the next leg of our journey.

Since that first visit Mustafa and Kemal have laboured tirelessly to continue improving upon an already enchanting experience: a few years ago Mustafa installed a beautiful swimming pool with wonderful views to the western end of the valley beyond which lies the Aegean, 5 or 6 kilometres away as the crow flies. He has rendered the hotel virtually self-sufficient with a large flock of chickens, ducks and even the odd turkey, all of which find their way into the hotel’s highly productive kitchen. The lemon and lime trees dutifully produce their respective crops, the vegetable gardens overflow with eggplant, tomatoes, zucchinis, and the trellises are heavy with bunches of grapes. The food is unbelievably fresh and simply excellent. Mustafa, and his wife Foulia, are both wonderful cooks: from meses (the widely varied appetizers which are a staple of Turkish cuisine), to lovingly made baklava made sandwiched within Foulia’s hand-rolled phyllo (27 layers!), and filled with crushed walnuts from Mustafa’s trees and honey from his hives Don’t worry, the only evidence I ever saw of bees was the honey on the table every morning at breakfast. Mustafa and Foulia have recently added culinary tourism to the hotel’s attractions.

The rooms (there are only ten of them) are spacious. The setting is blissfully tranquil and the views are soothingly beautiful. The staff is unfailingly courteous and diligent and Mustafa, who also operates a tour agency in Istanbul, can arrange any outings which you may wish to make to any one of 4 or 5 world-class archaeological sites in the close vicinity, including Ephesus itself which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The environs of Ephesus, including the site of the Dormition of the Virgin Mary and the magnificent ruins of the Basilica marking the burial place of St. John the Evangelist, are uniquely and densely rich with the remnants and monuments of the area’s early Christian and pre-Christian heritage. The Ephesus Boutique Hotel is the perfect base from which to explore these wonders, and relax in the shaded tranquility of its garden surrounded by rose bushes and flowering trees, to drink a glass of wine, take a refreshing plunge in the pool and recharge one’s batteries after a satisfying day of exploration. Since we first visited the boutique hotel we have been back no less than 10 times. A note of warning: care must be taking not to fall too hopelessly in love with the place or you may end up like us, building a home just down the road from the hotel.

1 Thank Kirazli
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I recently spent five days at the Ephesus Boutique Hotel with my family and we have only good things to say about it. First of all, the food was excellent. Most of the ingredients are grown right on the hotel's property, and now that we are back in the city we miss the fresh fruits, vegetables and chicken we had during our stay. Obviously it is not in the city of Kusadasi, but I consider that a plus. There are frequent minibuses to Kusadasi, which adds a little adventure to the day, and taxis are easy to find in Kusadasi (although expensive). Definitely recommend a day trip to Dilek Peninsula National Park for the beaches and maybe a day trip to Samos.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Istanbul
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I (daddy as mommy had to work)went with my nine year old twin daughters for a visit to Ephesus and booked one night in this Hotel.
We came late afternoon after a 4 hour ride and were pleasantly surprised by the tranquility and the fresh air and the dip in the pool.
We had dinner and us being vegetarians ,which is always a challenge ,were seriously pleasantly surprised and booked instantly for another night .
Mustafa arranged a guide for the next day to visit Ephesus and he contributed to the magic of this ancient town by 'entertaining' the girls and had a huge umbrella with him which was a great asset!Hot it was indeed.
All in all 2 great days nights with gorgeous breakfasts and dinners ,lovely gardens and tranquillity, I was able to sip a wine in the garden as the girls were off to discover the lovely gardens.
We will be back.

Room Tip: we had a triple room which served the purpose.
1 Thank Ko L
Samos Town, Greece
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I booked a triple for 79eu/night. Paid 35eu to the taxi driver to get there. The Owner/Manager apologized for the inconvenience; said we should have called the hotel for transfer; and offered us free dinner, then charged me 66eu at check out because it is a B&B and dinner isn't included. He was gracious enough to take us to the Virgin Mary's House and wait, but charged me 50eu plus 12eu museum entry fees for the courtesy. And finally 20eu to transfer us to the Kusadasi port from the property because it is in a remote location that takes a good 25 minutes to get there. He did concede to not charging me more for 3 of us occupying the triple room I booked but advised that 79eu was the single rate - there was just something wrong with the website booking.

In the interest of fairness the Inn is beautiful. The food is amazing. The rooms were very well apportioned and incredibly clean. The hospitality, conversation, and openness of his family who lives there on site were all great. And listening to the call to prayer from the local mosque was a beautiful experience for us Christians. However, those things came for me at 2.5x the expected cost.

I could have argued and complained about the bait and switch. But I was a single woman who speaks NO Turkish there with 2 children and was honestly concerned about not being able to get a cab to port in time for my ferry. I wouldn't stay there again.

1 Thank PepperBowen
Ephesusboutiquehotel, Owner at Ephesus Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
The client has booked a single room at rate of 75 EURO and they turn they are 3 person I have given them a tripple with no extra cost .Taxi driver charge her 35 EURO I have offered we can do for 20 EURO . Half day tripp to House of Virgin Marry it is cost 165 EURO for 3 person because she said she can not pay that I offer do my self just for 62 EURO. I did allow them to keep to room until 3 pm becuase ferry was at 5 pm
They had 3 meal plus drink (6 glass of wine and ather sort drink , that cost in total 66 EURO
How ever .We understand she wanted to take advantage of our good will ,still we did our best we can do I have asked one my member of staff to stay with her 2 boys all the time because they were just out of control there were realy barbarian they were damaging all garden and plant
I m sure she know no one else will accept her 2 boys to the hotel if they know them already they will ask them to leave the hotel .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirazli
Kirkinca Hotel
#1 of 155 in Kusadasi
Urkmez Hotel
Urkmez Hotel
#7 of 33 in Selcuk

Been to Ephesus Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!