The Muses House Boutique Hotel
Ephesus Boutique Hotel(Kirazli)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$49
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Magical luxury boutique hotel tucked into tiny Turkish farming village. Owners Maggie and Nick are excellent hosts, chefs, and deeply knowledgable about regional sites in a historical context. It’s a drive through the countryside to get here, but well worth it for the warm welcome and outstanding amenities (swimming pool, sculptured courtyard, elegant sitting rooms).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weldon42
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This was a wonderful surprise. It's like going to a friends' home in a truly exotic location and being treated with the utmost hospitality. The only suggestion that I would make is to arrive mid to late afternoon and enjoy the beauty and intellect of the proprietors. Their knowledge and affection for the area is palpable. Worth every dollar in any currency. Plan to eat there, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My wife and I, seasoned independent travellers in our 60s, made a 3-1/2 week tour of western Turkey. With only five rooms, this hotel (really more of a B&B that serves dinner on request) caters to independent travellers. We picked it because we thought it would be fun (and quiet) to stay in a little village after the crush of Ephesus. We weren't disappointed. A lovely garden and excellent food, even a small swimming pool (unfortunately we had thundershowers in the afternoon). The couple running the hotel are great -- she is actually an art historian specializing in the ancient middle east. A real upscale inn in every sense of the word, though a little on the pricey side. It is a 15 minute drive to Ephesus, so a car is necessary (or at least a big plus). A great retreat after the tour group busyness of Ephesus.

Next review: Spa Hotel Colossae Thermal, Pamukkale
Previous review: Anil Hotel, Bergama/Pergamon

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I knew the moment I stepped through the garden door I had made a mistake -why hadn't I booked for three weeks instead of three nights. Maggie and Nick the new owners made me feel so welcome. Maggie is an ancient historian and if asked is keen to share her extensive knowledge and one could immerse oneself in their extensive library for years. Eating in was wonderful and the local eateries they recommended were very good. There is so much to see within a reasonable distance and my hosts assisted me in seeing as much as I could during my short stay. If you want to have a holiday in a home away from home this is the place for you. A wonderful, small boutique b and b in a quiet traditional Turkish village away from the maddening crowd yet close enough to marvels such as Ephesus you couldn't ask for more. As a female travelling alone I felt as though I was visiting family. I couldn't recommend it more highly to my fellow Traveller's, if you

Room Tip: All th e rooms were very goo
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Impossible to fault this beautiful little hotel complete with leafy courtyard and pool. We were lucky enough to take a peek at each of the rooms: all have been individually decorated with hand-painted local designs; beds feature crisp linen and bathrooms gleam with power showers. Our lovely hosts, Nick & Maggie, and their friendly staff, create an atmosphere both relaxed but efficient, producing delectable breakfasts and dinners, advising with authority on nearby sites and sights, and generously sharing their extensive library. A fantastic find. We'll definitely be returning.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family