“Good and practical hotel close to Airport”

Best Western Arlanda Hotellby
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Arlandastad
Reviewed 23 August 2010

A good hotel close to airport but in a quiet area. Free shuttle bus is very good: we called and they picked up in 5 minutes, and the day after they bring us to the train station.
The room was confortable and very clean, with free wi-fi. Breakfast was ok.
To sum up: a convenient option when you land at midnight in the middle of nowhere!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank montinaviganti

Reviewed 24 June 2010

The hotel is clean, quiet and convenient to Arlanda airport. They would come pick you up at the airport or the Marsta train station -- every day of your stay -- for free. Unlike some other reviewers here, we didn't have to wait for the shuttle for a long time. A good connection to Uppsala too. The hotel is a collection of small buildings in a green park-like area, so it's very quiet. There is a nice path in the woods nearby for a walk. There is a restaurant in the premises: the menu is somewhat limited, but the food is good and the service is too. Full breakfast from the wee hours of the morning.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aperel
Reviewed 16 January 2010

Like most here I had a morning flight out of Stockholm Arlanda and didn't want the potential hassles/extra time with ground transportation from Stockholm itself. I really didn't want to spend the $ for the higher rated places close by. I'm glad I didn't, this met my requirements of a decent place to sleep, healthy breakfast options, and reliable hotel shuttle.

The shuttle from the airport requires a call to the hotel (vs. at least one hotel which just shows up every 30 minutes), which was a hassle for me since I didn't have a cell, the coin phone didn't accept my debit card, and I didn't know the local prefixes to use with the number I got from my online reservation. Once I got that straightened out with the help of the hotel info desk, it was an easy process and short walk to the shuttle, which came 10 minutes later.

Check in was quick and easy. I had no trouble with my lack of Swedish - the staff I spoke to all had competent English. It was a short outside walk to my first floor room. (I agree that the upper floors might be tough if you have big/heavy luggage). My room was quite uncomfortably cold (50F/10C) when I got in, though the heat was on in the bathroom. Don't know if that was usual energy saving mode in the motel-style buildings or if the radiator had been left off in error, and it was VERY cold that night (0F/-18C). I thought about asking for a different room, but instead left the heat on high and went back to the lobby to use the free computer to print my boarding pass, and read for a few minutes. After I got back the room was tolerable. I had my free beer and mineral water (the minibar) while repacking and it was fine by bedtime. The rather predicable problem was then I woke up too hot in the night. It would be good for the hotel to put directions/recommendations for the radiator settings in the room, because they are not intuitive for someone from N. America. Otherwise the room was spacious, plenty of lighting options, and clean. I am a light sleeper and was awakened about 3am by muffled noises from people getting ready in the rooms above but after putting in my earplugs I had no other trouble.

The bathroom looked a bit worn and the shower was a bit weak, but clean and plenty of hot water.

The breakfast included hot scrambled eggs and meats, along with the usual cold cuts. Hard and soft boiled eggs and great whole grain breads and jams made me happy. The coffee was fine but the espresso from the same automatic machine was dismal. Overall plenty of choices, fresh, and a nice quiet (though very dimly lit) breakfast area. All in all a good value and for budget travellers a reasonable option.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank mo270
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 25 June 2009

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I was looking to stay nearby Arlanda airport to catch early morning flight and one of my colleagues tipped me about this hotel.
The hotel consist of main building with reception and restauraunt, and a village of many pre-fabricated two-store buildings with the rooms. Note that if you get a room on the second floor you would need to use spiral stair outside the building to get to your room. Stairs are so narrow and steep that it would be a challange to get upstairs with baggage.
It was very cold in the room and reception was unable to source additional heater for me but offered to move to the other room which was a bit warmer.
Rooms are very basic, I think that part of the furniture was purchased from some other hotel undergoing renovation. Bathroom floor is covered with lino.
Wifi Internet was free of charge but working like 2 min ON / 2 min OFF.
Shuttle to airport runs every half an hour and free of charge.
Restaurant is not cheap at all, bad smell (not sure about origin, but not food) is all around. Food is eatable if you hungry but even MD is more tasty.
To make the picture more complete, SAS Radisson at Arlanda airport was only 20% more expensive than this one, so the overall value is extremely bad.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2009

We stayed overnight here before we took a plane from Arlanda airport.
The first room we got wasn´t cleaned after the previous guests, in the other room the bathroom-lamp didn´t work. The third room was ok. Such things happen I guess.
The price for the room + parking fee 14 days + transportation to Arlanda Airport and back was very reasonable.
Unfortunately will we remember our visit to their restaurant (overpriced!) when the waiter accidently dropped beer over my wife and hardly not said that he was sorry, so she had to eat dinner half soaked and wasn´t even offered a cup of coffee as “compensation”.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2009

+ Getting there/Transport/Parking
Good location near airport (but a 10 minute drive). Used TomTom - easy to find.

+ Around the hotel (suburb)
Hotel is situated in an industrial suburb and there is not much closeby. I arrived late at night and went hunting down the local McD etc - but they were all closed - and a 5 minute drive away.

+ Checkin
Staff are not super attentive. They don't speak English very well.

+ Room
The rooms are pretty basic. The hotel consists of individual prefab buildings consisting of four rooms... 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs (via an external sprial staircase). Had a twin room. Beds were more like stretcher beds. Small desk area and chair. Small TV mounted on a bracket up in the corner of the room. Heating worked well. Free Wifi available and easy to configure.

+ Bathroom
Very utilitarian. Lino floor. Bright lights. My room had shower (not bath) and a basin and toilet. They provide shower gel (looks very industrial) in a wall mounted dispenser.

+ Meals
After not finding anything nearby retreated to the hotel bar to buy some crisps and chocolcates and bottles of Coke (quite pricy). Breakfast was good - served buffet style in the main hotel building. Choice of juices, tea/coffee, cold meats, cheeses, breads, boiled eggs, very crispy bacon and some hot options (like chopped vienna sausages in tomato/onion sauce).

+ What to watch out for
Had a bit of an argument about prepayment... make sure you print off all your booking confirmation paperwork and fight your case.

+ Overall
A good option for a one night stay close to Arlanda airport. Don't expect any frills.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk