“A wonderful place to get away from it all”
Review of The Bringewood

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burrington
The Bringewood
London
“A wonderful place to get away from it all”
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We've just returned from our second stay at the Bringewood, and it was as great as ever. We first discovered this out-of-way, beautifully set B&B in March 2008 and enjoyed it so much we were determined to return. We somehow never got round to submitting a review but after having had an even better stay this time round we feel that it's our duty to praise the two brothers that run the Bringewood so impeccably.
The Bringewood is a converted barn set on the side of a picturesque hill in the lovely Shropshire countryside. Everything is tastefully decorated in a modern yet "cosy" way, with a large wood-burning stove in the lounge, big comfy leather sofas, and individual rooms with glorious views of the valley below, including the odd inquisitive pheasant or deer! The restaurant is of a high quality, with everything locally sourced and cooked with great aplomb - we had delicious beef and well-cooked sea bass for our two mains one night. For dessert the chef even offered to serve us a selection of the puddings as we couldn't make our minds up. Breakfast included locally-made sausage along with usual bacon and eggs - delicious.
The Bringewood really is the place to relax - we would say that is one of it's main attractions. Once you're sitting in the lounge or deck outside with a glass of wine overlooking the superb view you'll find all your worries melting away. On our second evening we were quite happy to discover that we were the only guests in the place, and the ever-accommodating Neil set up a romantic table for two tucked away in a corner, with candles and nice music playing softly in the background while the wood-burner cast soft shadows in the lowly lit room. All very romantic - and all completely unexpected - Neil really went out of his way to make us feel as if we this was our own palace in the country. It was wonderful and just showed how thoughtful everyone is at the Bringwood. On a final note, it's worth saying that the Bringewood is also excellent value for money, check their website for details but we think you'll find that a couple of nights dinner bed and breakfast is outstanding value - especially considering the quality of the accommodation, food, service, and surroundings. Needless to say...we highly recommend the Bringewood.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
lot1234
Reviewed 9 January 2009

To start off this place is beautiful - My family booked out the Bringewood for the Christmas period for private hire.As I am used to our family tradition of spending Christmas at my parents house I was slightly nervous about going to a hotel I had never been to before - when our stay ended I didnt want to leave!
The hotel is a relaxed family run hotel - The 2 brothers that manage the hotel - Neil and Steven - are polite, helpful and talkative - a complete asset to the hotel making it a friendly and relaxed place to stay.
The room my boyfriend and myself stayed in was lovely - room no. 11 - named the Loft. The roof slopes on the left hand side with 2 sklights - this is an absolute feature, first thing in the morning I found myself hanging out the window looking at the scenery! Such a shame there was no snow! The room had a playstation 2 - a selection of sky channels - a coffee machine - dvd player. What more could you ask for?! To add to this they even have a dvd library available from reception - if you go away to relax theres nothing stopping you doing that.
I would advise that if you decide to stay at this hotel you MUST try out the restaurant. The chef James creates some amazing dishes - I believe they aim to use as much local produce as possible and all of us were delighted with our meals night after night. Breakfast again was lovely - full english breakfast/cereals/toast/juice/tea/coffee - everything you need for breakfast. Eating at the restaurant is a definate 'Must-do' if you stay.
The hotel is set in the most wonderful surroundings - it is truly beautiful - all you can see is pure countryside. I was also amazed when I saw a number of deer run across the path - something I see rarely living in town. I am not a walking person but there are so many walks you can do around the hotel - I found myself walking with my family a number of times throughout our stay.
I loved this hotel that much that at the end of my stay I spoke to Neil about having my 21st birthday there - he agreed and now I am all booked up and ready to celebrate my birthday there. I am sure I will be back before then as I can't stay away until May.
A truly pleasurable stay. You must try this place out !

• Liked — Food, Enviroment, Scenery, Friendliness.
  • Disliked — Not a thing!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 2 January 2009

My partner booked the Bringewood after searching online for hotels in Ludlow. Originally we were planning on staying in the town itself, but - luckily, as it turned out - all the hotels were not available for the dates we wanted for our anniversary.

On approaching the hotel, in the dark and strangers to Shropshire in general and Ludlow in particular, we found that the roads around the hotel are pretty narrow and not suitable for any large cars unless you know your way around!

When we arrived, we received a friendly and helpful welcome from the staff and were shown to our room straight away. We were able to delay our booking in the restaurant to give us more time to settle in without any fuss at all and we were incredibly pleased with our room. From the beautiful decor, to the very comfy (and enormous!) bed; the clever use of space and gadgets like hair straighteners, a Playstation and a Tassimo drinks maker in lieu of a kettle in every room, it was the ideal place for a modern getaway in the middle of the countryside.
Eating in the restaurant was an absolute delight. We ended up eating there for both nights of our stay as we were so impressed the first night. The service is incredibly friendly, efficient and nothing is too much trouble. All the staff make an immense effort to ensure that you are happy but without any stiffness or over-formality. The food was fantastic, too - hence the second visit to the restaurant!

We can't praise the Bringewood highly enough. We will definitely be back as soon as we can. Thank you to everyone there!

• Liked — The atmosphere, friendliness and attention to detail.
  • Disliked — Finding it!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
South Wales
Reviewed 15 November 2008

We booked an overnight stay originally intending to break up a journey from Yorkshire to South Wales. We did not get to Yorkshire after all, but decided to use the booking anyway and are so glad that we did.

After a visit to nearby Ludlow we made our way to Burrington and The Bringewood. The approach is a little unnerving as the lane is very narrow, but we arrived safely. Look out for the wildlife especially the pheasants as they do not give way!

Like other reviewers we doubted the many positive reports but I can confirm that they are all totally accurate. We may have been more spolit than some however, we were the only guests on the night we stayed, having the whole place to ourselves.

Our evening meal was delicious. We had 3 courses. I had the butternut squash soup, he had salmon & herb fishcakes. The sirloin I ordered for my main course was lean and tender, my husband's breast of duck melted in the mouth. Portions were not too large but just enough. For dessert I had vanilla creme brulee and he had tiramisu. It was a lovely way to celebrate our anniversary. The wine list is extensive catering to all tastes and pockets. We ordered a sauvignon blanc and it was most palatable, although it was the cheapest! Service was very good, but with no other diners that was probably to be expected.

Our room was very comfortable and our request for more pillows was met immediately. The option for playing PS2 games or watching DVDs is appreciated although we didn't use them this time. The Tassimo machine was well-used though. We were given room 5 which is the one with direct access to the patio. The room was welcoming, warm and clean, and the large bed was charming. The bathroom was delightful too with an envigorating shower and Molton Brown toiletries.

Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice and tasty local produce used.

A bonus when paying the bill, Neil had changed our booking to DBB giving us a slight discount, many thanks!

A beautiful hotel and restaurant in stunning surroundings. We hope to return for another stay soon.

• Liked — Atmosphere, friendly staff and management & the rural location.
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Worcs
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I stayed at The Bringewood for a romantic weekend with my fiance. I did have my doubts about the reviews as all very positive. But once we arrvied at the Bringewood you are taken into to a relaxed, easy going atmosphere which is a welcome change. Neil & Steve chatted with us, looked after us, served breakfast etc etc.. As hosts could have not made our stay any better, it felt like home and that we had known Neil & Steve for years. Strange as never met either before but its the atmosphere created that just makes you feel that way. The food is of a very high standard, and having chatted to the chef on our last night at the bar is also a welcome change.
The location albeit remote, you wil not see any better unspoilt British countryside.
Would I reccommend it ..... I would have to agree with other people and say NO! A selfish reason as I would like to book again, and if too mmany people become aware, then I may not be aboe to enjoy this rural retreat.

• Liked — Location & Atmoshere
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JackoWorcs
united Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Excellent location in a wonderfully secluded, if a little tricky to get to, spot.

Fantastic service and a wonderful room with an amazing view across the Marches and Wales.

Best of all there was Playstation 2 in the room with a massive selection of games to choose from. An excellent bar and restaurant. I felt totally relaxed and refreshed ready for the rest of the week.

A perfect place for a romantic break or to host a wedding. I can't say enough good things about the Bringewood and I would not heistate in going back there to stay again.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Flagg
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2008

I stayed for a weekend and it was fabulous. The venue has been very tastefully converted and was extremely comfortable. The landscape and views are stunning. Staff were welcoming. The food was amazing - the best I've tasted in ages - and I've been used to travelling round the UK for many years on business. The restaurant was relaxed, yet you felt the experience was an "occasion". It was so good I booked to go again for my birthday in October. I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone - in fact I already do!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burrington
Fishmore Hall
#1 of 1 in Downton on the Rock
Elm Lodge
Elm Lodge
#2 of 48 in Ludlow

Been to The Bringewood? Share your experiences!