We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in May 2011. This is a boutique hotel and it is very comfortable, even if the beds are quite small. There are lovely sea views and a nice pool. The staff are on the whole very welcoming, especially the staff who serve you breakfast which is lovely. There is a restaurant which serves typical french cuisine which seems to be very highly rates, it's pretty pricey, we didn't try it.
The only thing which left a very bad taste in our mouth was that about 10 minutes after we'd checked out we received a call on the mobile from a lady who i think was one of the Managers to ask/ demand if we'd taken the beach towels with us (all rooms have two beach/pool towels in them for guests to use). I really couldn't believe it, we had in fact left our towels in the room with the others but the maid had speedly gathered them all up in a big bundle and then couldn't find them again. She made us wait on the phone whilst they double checked that they did indeed have the beach towels from our room and we hadn't stolen them!! I was really cross that they hadn't double checked this before calling us. It really makes you wonder just how they see their customers and how quick they were to call us, we had infact just spent several hundred euros with them following our 5 night stay. Because of this i wouldn't recommend them it made me realise that their attitude is actually very snooty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is a cosy and peaceful Creole mansion, over the Indian Ocean’s immensity and under its refreshing “Alizés”, entirely organised for rest, serenity and pleasure of the five senses.It is also a modern art gallery, presenting abstract painting, sculptures and potteries from local and European artists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Margouillat Seaview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Margouillat Saint Leu
- Blue Margouillat Seaview Hotel Reunion Island/Saint-Leu