“Of course! I'm back”

La Juanita Finca Verde
Ranked #1 of 4 Guatavita B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Again, another awesome weekend at Juanita's green farm. This time we visited a beautiful cluster of lagoons that are located in the summit of the nearby mountains of the Chingaza natural park. It is a full day hike but it is not hard. Felipe (our friend and host at Juanita's farm) carefully prepared each detail of the adventure. We woke up that saturday at 7am, had breakfast (omellete-rice, fruits, yogurt, coffee, organic seeds, etc) and later we drove to the starting point of the trail. The landscape is just stunning. At noon we made a stop for lunch and recover some strength. At that point we were at 3300 meters above sea level. After some rest we moved forward to the summit. Finally we reach the highest point of the mountain (3650m). We walked around the lagoons and enjoyed that peaceful spot. We highly recommend to come to Colombia, and make a stopover at Juanita's green farm, nearby Bogota. For local people, please do not miss this place!...It's awesome. Watch some of the pics of the adventure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jdcolorado11

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Felipe and the gorgeous animals that live in this place, plus the delicious food, fresh organic veggies from the garden, great views, easy access to hotsprings, sacred lakes, cute town Guatavita, wi-fi, quietude and Felipe's willingness to accommodate my needs made my stay just delightful, I fell AT HOME <3 And it is so near Bogota!
I am having such a great time here writing that I already have booked my second stay and will come back again!
THANK YOU Felipe, Baruk, Chepe, Samba, Magico & the sacredness of the space for such wonderful experience <3
Giselle Gianella - Peru

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Giselle G
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The nature and pure air around, the mountains and the Tominé's lake view, the place itself is what I define a perfect spot for relaxing, exploring, hiking and have an awesome time. I stayed with my girlfriend for a weekend. Felipe is the host, cooker (I would say chef), friend and guide whether you decide to hike between mountains or just visit some legendary places like Guatavita, a natural lagoon that hides the gold-treasures of ancient natives. On saturday, my girl and I visited the Guatavita town (by walking about 1 hour, by car/bus 10 minutes). We enjoyed the beauty of the place and spent some time at the Tomine's lake. We highly recommend the deserts (brownie+icecream) from a small coffee-place located in the --Centro Artesanal-- square. In the evening, we came back to Juanita to share an amazing full-moon night heated by a bonfire. Before the moon rise, the sunset was incredible (perfect shots for photography lovers). On sunday we woke up early and prepared our stuff for a full-day hiking. Felipe masterly cooked a Spanish omelette for breakfast (potatoes, three types of onions, eggs) accompanied with home-made bread, fruits and the best Colombian coffee. Later we began the hike. Felipe knows secret trails that ascent to the mountain's summit before getting to Guatavita's lagoon. I cannot describe the view from the summit, you have to experience it. However, the magic does not stop there. Those trails are the same that the ancient natives walked hundreds years ago. Well, our advice: do not miss this place, come to discover and clean your mind.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jdcolorado11
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was our first visit to Colombia visiting our daughter who lives in Bogota. I had no idea what to expect about our visit to La Juanita. The moment Felipe met us at the gate I knew this was going to be a great experience. Within minutes it felt like we were visiting family. Even the pets were welcoming. Great food, warm friendly people and a beuatiful view, don't know how it could have been better. I felt totally at peace the morning we headed back to Bogota. I only hope I will have the chance to visit La Juanita again someday.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank John C
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Felipe and Ana were magnificent hosts who opened their arms and their home to our family on our first visit to Colombia. Felipe’s masterfully prepared meals, the tranquil setting of the farm and its majestic surroundings and the radiant, soulful atmosphere of La Juanita in general provided the ultimate beginning to our fantastic voyage to Colombia.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank teribella
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My family was visiting me in Colombia and by luck we ended up at La Juanita. It was amazing! The accommodations are warm and welcoming with great food, bottomless coffee and herbal tea, a roaring fire, the friendliest animals, and inspiring company. We had great conversations with interesting people including Felipe and Ana but also the volunteers - which change from month to month. In addition to being a great host, Felipe is a natural community organizer. He is involved with fascinating projects in his community that are bringing people together and are drawing the attention of outsiders as well. During our visit, the Sundance Film Festival was there for the day to hold a screening and in a month Felipe will be hosting the first rural TEDx event in Colombia. We only stayed for two days - NOT enough time to truly appreciate all the place has to offer - but I left re-energized and truly inspired to change the world. WOW! Cannot wait to have the time to make another visit to this magical place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at La Juanita for 4 nights in March, and wish we could've stayed longer. The farm is located in a beautiful and peaceful area, close to Lake Guatavita. Felipe, Nico, Ana and their two dogs, Chepe and Baruk make La Juanita more than just a place to stay on vacation. You feel like part of the family, as they fill your belly with the most delicious vegetarian food possible (a lot of it grown on the farm itself).

Sure, there are cheaper and more convenient places to stay in Colombia, but you'll leave La Juanita feeling full in every possible way, and with a real sense of the amazing energy of the Colombian people and country.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank kyungfu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guatavita
Hotel Camino de la Sal
#1 of 7 in Guatavita
Posada Cafe la Huerta
Posada Cafe la Huerta
#1 of 5 in Guasca

Been to La Juanita Finca Verde? Share your experiences!