The Summit Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Belmond La Samanna(Terres Basses)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewssimpson bay lagoonmullet beachgreat view of the lagoonamerican universityquiet resortwithin walking distancefive minute walkst maartenfull kitchenpool areafrench bakerynice poolrental carhome away from hometime shareoff seasongrand case
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We enjoyed our two stays at the Summit, first in one of the "Premium Water View Suite's" (Number 2A) and then in their "Two Room Villa" (Number 1). The two room villa (number 1) was gorgeous and well appointed- I strongly recommend paying the small surcharge to stay here instead of a suite. Suite 2A was smaller then I expected and only one room- the bed is practically in the kitchen. Fine for us, but unexpected. Overall it was good value for the money and a lovely quiet place. As other reviewers have commented, everything works fine but it's a dated property- good value for your money but not luxurious.

I wish I had known before hand the following: (1) the resort is hard to find and in a part of the island with worse roads then most other areas- this made it secluded which was nice, but I was surprised it was so out of the way. (2) I was shocked by how 'cheap' it felt at checkin- you have to individually sign out TV remote controls, ethernet cables, and towels, and sign a waver with the dollar value of each if you do not return it. There's also a longer form to sign inventorying the kitchen, but they didn't seem to take that very seriously.

Overall we were happy with our stay and would come again, but I wish I had been better prepared for what to expect.

Room Tip: all rooms seem identical except the two room villa, which is amazingly beautiful. Pay extra for that room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My boyfriend my daughter and I stay at Summit Hotel Mid June 2012 and we had a great stay and the stuff was so helpful and nice. The location can't be beat it is near Mullet beach and the Maho area with a Casino and little stores. All in all the was a great trip to St. Martin and a great stay at Summit hotel I will be returning as soon as I can. Thanks to Margie for all her help with everything.
Tassia

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Just back from 4 nights there. Great location right by Mullet Beach and Maho. Stayed in a deluxe room with my girlfriend and her daughter. Nice partial view of the Simpson Bay Lagoon from our room and view of the stars at night by the pool. Room was kept quite clean and had all the materials necesary to allow us to cook in when we wanted to. The king size bed was comfortable; our sole problem was the comfort level of the sofabed. All the workers were pleasant and helfpul. We had some concerns about the cats and called 2x prior to our viist to make sure that would not be an issue and it wasn't. Thanks to Margie for all of her help with that and during our stay. We WILL stay here again.
See separate reviews for comments on beaches...

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting rooms closer to the Lagoon for the views as well as the self contained units/bungalows with no 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed at the Summit Resort for the last two weeks in May of this year as the kickoff to a much needed sabbatical from work. I was looking for a location that would provide the right amount of solitude, communion with nature, friendly atmosphere and great food and activities. The Summit did not disappoint in any way! I love the way its set up in what I believe is considered an "Old Caribbean"style with villa apartments, each with a nice balcony. Set in a gorgeous garden setting with little touches (a little fountain here, spectacular flowering trees there), with a great pool and deck for sunning, chilling, writing, or sipping glorious banana daquiris! I really appreciated the attentive and gracious staff, there was fresh coconut water in my room upon my arrival and superb upkeep of my room. I also really found the location to be convenient for getting a bit a walking exercise when going to Port of Cupucoy (a beautiful marina with shopping, grocery and tapas bars), or spending the day at Mullet beach which is about 10 minutes away. That is also where you can easily catch a bus to Phillipsburg or Marigot. The restaurant and bar staff were also excellent, as was every dish I ordered while I was there, from breakfast to dinner. They have fun activities for those who want to partake in karoake or bingo. The vibe is really caring and thoughtful and the place just seems to attract friendly, fun folks. Many of the friend I made were regulars there, which speaks volumes! I will definitely be back! Many thanks to the management and staff who so obviously care deeply about running a quality establishment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lottie S
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The Summit is located on the bay side of Cupecoy and has no beach but a great view of the bay and the French side of the island. Besides one of the best beaches on the Dutch side (Mullet Beach) is a short ten-fifteen minute walk past the Atlantis Casino and across the golf course. The Summit is not luxury and shows its age but it is clean, well kept and affordable. The location is a plus and a negative. It is on a quite street, near Maho and the airport but you should rent a car since it will be difficult to get a taxi early in the mornings or very late at night. Maho is a five-ten minute drive away and where most of the restaurants and nightlife are located (too far to walk). The pool area and staff are great! I will definitely consider staying at the Summit again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view of the bay and upstairs
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo