The Summit Hotel
US$211
US$164
US$150
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$126
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$181
Orbitz.com
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
US$95
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewssimpson bay lagoonmullet beachgreat view of the lagoonamerican universityquiet resortwithin walking distancefive minute walkst maartenfull kitchenpool areafrench bakerynice poolrental carhome away from hometime shareoff seasongrand case
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed 26 February 2006

After coming back from The Summit Resort for my tenth year, I clearly know why I keep on returning. When you arrive at the hotel, the staff greets you will smiles and treats you like family. The rooms are very spaciaous and comfortable with amazing views of Simson Bay. The view from the pool deck is the best on the island. Great price, great rooms, and a great view. Great Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 July 2005

The Summit is not quite a one star motel. We needed a hotel near the airport as we were only staying one night on our way to St. Barths. We arrived late and were given room #17B - a loft type with very steep stairs to access the room - very difficult with luggage. The bed was awful, the a/c very noisy and the room did not appear very clean. In addition, some lights did not work. Very overpriced at $110 USA (plus taxes); the room was not even worth $29.99 per night. The front desk staff only did the minimum they were required and at their own pace. I am so glad we only had to stay one night - I would never stay here again. The complex is also a timeshare - which I would NEVER recommend to anyone. Cut your losses and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 10 April 2005

We were a little skeptical about the Summit after reading some of the reviews, but we were very pleased with our experience. We traveled with my parents and our 7-year old son. The staff was extremely accommodating and courteous. We stayed in a waterview room with small kitchen and the view was fabulous. There was always a breeze and we also enjoyed using the pool. Some of the rooms do need to be upgraded and the stairs to some of the units are pretty steep if you're an older person, or have small children. The folks who run the Kissing Fish Bar and Restaurant couldn't have been more accommodating and the food was wonderful if you are looking for something simple, but good. Each morning we were greeted with coffee and smiles and by the end of the week we felt like part of the family. Chloie and Thiery are wonderful folks and anyone visiting the resort should stop in and see them. Happy Hour at the bar was great and we met many great folks! All in all we were very satisfied and plan to return next year.

The DiSilvestre Family

Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank SueDMaryland
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Monica California
Reviewed 11 March 2005

I have visited the Summit for the past two years spending several months there altogether. The hotel is unique and has a personality of its own. Like the other reviews I confirm it is not a cookie cutter hotel where you are just a number, its a special place that feels like home. No hotel is perfect but this hotel has recently undergone a 400,000.00 renovation!!!!! It is a wonderful place to get away from it all and experience a truly authentic, Caribbean type of hotel. Bugs are a fact of life in any tropical climate and from the many other islands and hotels I have visited in the past the Summit does a spectacular job at keeping the insect situation under control. The hotel is private, secluded, tranquil and the rooms are wonderful. The standard rooms are nice but obviously not as nice as their deluxe rooms...the standard rooms offer a clean and basic place to stay for less damage to your pocket book. The deluxe rooms have full kitchens and many of them have the best water views on the entire island. Overall the hotel is really an exclusive place for discriminating and original tastes, welcoming everyone but meant only for the really cool and laid back people looking for a relaxing adventure, not a stuffy, huge high rise hotel! The staff is the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever encountered. Definitely a great place to vacation! I am sad that they are no longer selling timeshares!

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 February 2005

If you're looking for something more than a Motel 6 type hotel, this is not the place to stay. They are bungalow type buildings...a sliding glass door is the entrance to your room. Looks like something from the 60's. No view of the ocean from the room. Very small bathroom, little desk, 2 full beds and a sofa area in a room the size of a large bedroom. I was very disappointed compared to many of the other resorts that I've stayed in on St. Maarten. I really wanted cooking facilities too so I checked out upon arrival (unfortunately lost my pre-paid deposit)...and checked into Mullet Bay Towers. Night and day between the two.

12  Thank lagunagirl35