“We found our GEM in Saint Maarten :-)”

Ernest & Fidel Cafe
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ernest & Fidel is a Cuban themed Cafe, However, our cuisine is LATIN AMERICAN serving the most typical dishes from Chile, Colombia, Peru, Cuba, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
New York City, New York
“We found our GEM in Saint Maarten :-)”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My husband Oscar and I came down to St. Maarten/St. Martin for our honeymoon and couldn't stay away from the delicious and flavorful dishes Ernest & Fidel had to offer...We feel in love with everything about this place since our first visit which was for a perfect afternoon lunch...we were pleasantly surprised to see that the special was one of our native plates of Colombia called "Casuela de Frijoles" which is a HUGELY popular dish. Every meal was made fresh with the perfect amounts of spices and seasonings. We were also pleased to see how carefully created their menu was designed. They offer anything from salads, soups, sandwiches, wraps for the healthy eaters, light and heavy dishes, gluten free selections...PERFECT combinations of food :-)

And now that I've bragged so much about their foods...let me not forget to mention...that we made a new friend at this place named FELIPE! Since the minute we walked into his restaurant we felt great about our selection. His sense of SERVICE is off the charts. His attention to details is flawless and you will enjoy every minute of your dining experience at his place. His passion is palpable. The decor is colorful, modern and Spaniard. The location is the perfect setting to feel the ocean breeze. The cooks and staff are super sweet and always working with a smile on their face.

We are looking forward to visiting ERNEST & FIDEL again in November to celebrate my husband birthday!

Big KISS to our friends at Ernest & Fidel :-)

• Visited April 2013

Chicago - Mt Vernon
“Old Caribbean Plaza Breakfast”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

After being greeted by the proprietor you can relax for a leisurely breakfast just feet from the plaza fountain and the sail boats in the marina. Columbian coffee with a garden omelette started my day. The special house carrot jam on wheat toast is unique. It's a time capsule with free wifi.

New York City, New York
“Excellent food dumb name”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Food here was very good, seemed a Cuban and Colombian mix. Wonderful plantain chips and salsa. Really nice place and wonderfully charming host. I will say the name is stupid, they even have an explanation on the menu about the name, likely as to not offend Cubans and Americans I suppose. The name didn't detract from the gat foods and calm ambience, overlooking a euro style faux piazza and marina. Nice place decent pricing. And el presidente beer. Cannot go wrong here.

California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food and hospitality!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We visited Ernest & Fidel's twice during our visit to St Maarten. We enjoyed an authenic cuban breakfast and the owner kept the kitchen open late for us to enjoy late afternoon tapas. Ever dish we tried was delicious, creative, and artistically presented. Felipe, the owner, is a wonderful host, passionate about his food, and provides interesting information on the history/background of items served. The restaurant begins serving evening tapas soon, along with entertainment - cannot wait to go back! This is the best restaurant in St. Maarten.

1 Thank CalBearFan60
Montreal, Canada
“Stupendous coffee, juices and brunch and extraordinary service!!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I went here for brunch and coffee numerous times during my short stay in St. Martin. Felipe has an assortment of delectable fresh juices, and the greatest coffee I've had on the island - I even sought out the brand of coffee bean once I arrived back home to Montreal!

Me encantó el Recalentao, los maduros pancakes, el veggie wrap, los jugos frescos y naturales, y el café extraordinario (y el mejor de todo San Martín); pero aun más me encantó la bella energía de Felipe Gomez!

• Visited April 2013