“What a fun, delicious evening!”
Review of Le Bateau Ivre

Le Bateau Ivre
Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: On the edge of the MarinaFine restaurant, traditonal French kitchen, specials every night Lunch and Dinner Open every day except Tuesday From 10 AM to 10 PM Live music every week
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Foodwise, this place tied one other restaurant for best meal on the island. Once you add the charming ambience and outstanding service into the equation, this becomes hands down the best evening we had. I had the French onion soup to start, the Duck Breast special, and the Chocolate Mousse for dessert. DE-LI-CIOUS! The French Onion soup somehow managed to deliver rich flavor without any heaviness. The duck was a perfect medium-rare and the sides (scalloped potatoes, bacon wrapped green beans) were quite tasty, though the beans were a smidge overcooked. The Chocolate Mousse had notes of l'orange so if you're down for that (I am), it's delicious.

I think this might have been the best service I've ever experienced (even in the US), and I've been to lots of fine restaurants. Our waiter was the perfect blend of knowledge, skill, humility, and humor. He made the evening a true experience. The lighting was dim but not dark, the décor was relaxed traditional, the view of the marina was awesome, and there was a live vocalist who was quite good.

We had a wonderful, memorable night. I hope you do too!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Service was great. The food was absolutely delicious and the view is just amazing. We went there for lunch and it was simply wonderful.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

As frequent visitors to the island we have dined in many of the finer establishments. Le Bateau Ivre stands out from the crowd. Impeccable service, friendly staff and ideal location. The food is excellent. Try the lasagne (how does a French restaurant make one of the best ones that I've ever tasted?) Excellent lunch. I could say more but I'm a one finger typist! One last thing the live music nights are a blast.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

On our return trip to St Maarten my husband and I found this nice French restaurant for lunch. Located on the bay by the marina the view is fabulous. We both had goat cheese burgers for lunch. The meats were cooked and seasoned well.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The restaurant is located on the dock, it was lovely to be able to see the boats come and go while enjoying our meal. The wait staff was attentive. Due to a language barrier they cooked my husbands beef "medium rare" vs. "medium well" however, once he brought it to their attention they handled it. I had the chicken curry crepe it was very good, especially if you like curry.