We have just returned from this "resort" after a 10 day stay. This was not our first time here, however it will be our last! Every other time, we were in a villa and made excuses for the condition. This year we were in one of the condo units.
Upon checking in, we were assigned to a fairly nice looking unit in building One. Immediately it was obvious that the air conditioning was not working. Called the desk, waited, waited, and finally went to the desk. After talking to the repair man myself, I knew that there had never been a call made. I insisted on being moved. So now, we drag our luggage down an elevator, across the lobby, to another elevator and to our new unit in the main building. Never was a luggage cart offered. I say this, because, after returning form the grocery store, the security guard offered and found a cart....the rest of the desk staff just watched.
The unit was clean enough. No dining table, just a counter. There was a lovely view from the balcony that had a small hot tub. I seriously doubt that the water is ever changed of treated. There should be some sort of chemical smell to indicate a treating agent. Nice idea, but No Thank You! Accommodations for six people, however we had 2 spoons, 4 forks, 1 knife and hardly any cooking utensils. The mattresses and sofa were beyond uncomfortable! One TV station for 3 days, no TV for 2 days. Internet at $49.95 per week per devise working in exactly one spot in the unit.....sometimes.
One functioning elevator in the main building for 9 floors, leaking ceiling in the hallway the entire time. The odor is a cross between dampness and God knows what else.
Oh, and finally, the idea of customer service never crossed most employees minds. Cross between rude and indifferent.
Think long and hard about this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort is located just 3 miles from Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch Side of Sint-Maarten, on French-Dutch border. Situated between the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon on Cupecoy Beach. 180 spacious guest rooms, penthouses and villas elegantly decorated with Caribbean decor, fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker; with luxurious Italian Marble Bathrooms, Internet access, cable TV, VCR and DVD and fabulous view. Relax in style and enjoy tropical breezes from your private terrace or balcony, with spectacular views of the ocean or the expansive Simpson Bay Lagoon. All the ocean-view rooms have a private jacuzzi on the balcony, and all the luxurious villas and penthouses feature private swimming pools and Jacuzzis overlooking the view of the Caribbean Sea.Enjoy the island’s wonderful beaches . In fact, the resort is within easy walking distance of beautiful Cupecoy Beach, a prime spot for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing and other water sports. SBC is nearby golf course and tennis court as well. In just few minutes you can enjoy duty-free shopping at the upscale designer boutiques and jewelry shops of Philipsburg and Marigot as well as nearby hip clubs and casinos. Take advantage of the whole range of hotel services SBC offers to our valued guests:- Open Reception 24h / 24 and 7 days / 7- Swimming pool- Fitness Room and Beauty Salon- Business Center- Bar & Restaurant- Activity Desk- Car Rental Desk. All surrounded by the fabulous mix of Dutch, French and Caribbean charm that makes Sapphire Beach Club Resort a delightful place for vacation all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sapphire Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Club And Resort
- Sapphire Beach Club Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Wyndham Sapphire Beach Resort
- Wyndham Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Wyndham
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Cupecoy Bay