I own unit 341 and have paid my assessment and maintenance fees on time. I have not been back for a number of years, due to illness, but I returned last week (8/16/14 - 8/23/14). I was hopeful even though many of the recent reviews have been terrible. I can truthfully say it wasn't as bad as I thought, but not as good as I hoped.
There is no longer a welcome party or a band or drinks to greet you as you enter. Although the lobby furniture seems new, it is darker but quite beautiful! It appears to be a tired hotel, rather than a timeshare that used to be the best on the island!
There is a lovely boutique in the lobby with beautiful swimsuits, handbags, and beachwear. Also in the lobby is a wine shop that was not open due to a license issue.
I had daily maid service and never had an issue with enough bath towels, or cooking utensils, dishes, except for a missing pasta strainer. There were no kitchen towels, table mats, or oven mitts, so be careful around the stove. I did ask but never received any unfortunately.
As soon as I entered my unit, there was a horrible musty smell. Since I had read this in the reviews, I brought Lysol Disinfectant Spray, Linen Scent, and sprayed every vent in all of the rooms. This solved the musty smell problem. I brought my own beach towel since I had read none were supplied. Since management knew I was coming, why couldn't they have done that??
Missing was the flat panel TV in the bedroom....one was brought when I reported it missing. But there is no cable service anyway! There seems to be DISH service but evidently this has lapsed. Come with DVD's or a Swing Box so you can watch whatever you want! Be sure to bring cables so you can hook up your computer if you have a subscription that will allow you do watch what you subscribe to from home.
Missing were the two lounge chairs on the big balcony...the superior one bedroom has a double balcony with enough room for a table with 4 chairs, and two lounge chairs, as well as the jacuzzi that only had warm water..not hot. When I asked about the missing lounges, I was told, the balcony never had them! I do have pictures with the lounges there! Oh, but what a view from the balcony!Also at times the balcony had a horrible "sewer" smell! I did complain! I do think that there is a broken sewer line or septic tank that needs to be emptied in the ground below and this is what upset me the most! It made the balcony not usable some of the time!
WIFI is available for a fee, but really troublesome....rarely worked...when you complain, you get a free week, but that doesn't work either....what is needed is a better system, a stronger antenna, and hubs to be sure the signal is received everywhere. This is an easy fix! Not sure why it hasn't been....I have fears that there isn't enough money being generated except with discounted rates that make staying there cheaper than my maintenance....so I can understand why some owners feel it's not worth paying for their week anymore!
I love the memory of what Sapphire used to be and with enough owners dedicated to it's return, it can be so again! Where are all the week 33 owners who used to be there? Please come back...look at your unit! Demand what you expect....and perhaps we can return Sapphire to what it deserves....it can be a jewel again if enough people, starting with management, the present owner and the future new owner, the timeshare owners, the help, although many are dedicated and have been there many years....I don't know why the building wasn't kept up and no one really talks about it, except to say there may be a new owner who wants to see it return to its former glory days. I can only hope....I will give it one more year and then I don't know....but remember you will never have a better location!
There is a beautiful mall nearby...the Maho area is just around the bend,...and beautiful Mullet Bay is a stone's throw away!
I will be back....if I don't see any improvement...then I may have to just trade, try to rent it cheaply, or find someone willing to buy? I paid $ 16,000 for it! Where did all the maintenance fees go?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort is located just 3 miles from Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch Side of Sint-Maarten, on French-Dutch border. Situated between the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon on Cupecoy Beach. 180 spacious guest rooms, penthouses and villas elegantly decorated with Caribbean decor, fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker; with luxurious Italian Marble Bathrooms, Internet access, cable TV, VCR and DVD and fabulous view. Relax in style and enjoy tropical breezes from your private terrace or balcony, with spectacular views of the ocean or the expansive Simpson Bay Lagoon. All the ocean-view rooms have a private jacuzzi on the balcony, and all the luxurious villas and penthouses feature private swimming pools and Jacuzzis overlooking the view of the Caribbean Sea.Enjoy the island’s wonderful beaches . In fact, the resort is within easy walking distance of beautiful Cupecoy Beach, a prime spot for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing and other water sports. SBC is nearby golf course and tennis court as well. In just few minutes you can enjoy duty-free shopping at the upscale designer boutiques and jewelry shops of Philipsburg and Marigot as well as nearby hip clubs and casinos. Take advantage of the whole range of hotel services SBC offers to our valued guests:- Open Reception 24h / 24 and 7 days / 7- Swimming pool- Fitness Room and Beauty Salon- Business Center- Bar & Restaurant- Activity Desk- Car Rental Desk. All surrounded by the fabulous mix of Dutch, French and Caribbean charm that makes Sapphire Beach Club Resort a delightful place for vacation all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sapphire Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Club And Resort
- Sapphire Beach Club Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Wyndham Sapphire Beach Resort
- Wyndham Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Wyndham
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Cupecoy Bay