“Excellent expensive lunch with a spectacular view”

Le Cafe at the Cliff
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Cafe Is Open For The Season
Cincinnati
“Excellent expensive lunch with a spectacular view”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here based on other TripAdvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. We weren't staying in this area and if you didn't know about this restaurant, you would miss it. The Cafe is on the first floor of a high rise. There is a small sign outside that is easy to miss. The Cafe looks out on the water and it is gorgeous. We ate in the undercover outdoor part so we had the view but not the sun directly on us. The food was very good. I was surprised at the menu because a lot of the choices seemed to me dinner entrees rather than lunch choices. I had a chicken sandwich which wasn't what I though it would be but it was delicious and filling. The french fries were really crisp just the way I like them. My husband had duck confit which he said was wonderful. It was extremely relaxing eating there and looking at the view. I was surprised at how expensive it was for lunch. This is not a cheap place. I still would highly recommend it.

1 Thank Symmesgirl

New York City, New York
“ELEGANT LUNCH”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Le Cafe is open for breakfast and luncheon only. It offers one of the best mid-day meals in St. Maarten.
The food is delicious, the service is excellent the ambience & view are flawless. A truly elegant lunch in paradise!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank RudesterSXM
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful view, lovely restaurant, excellent food and service, overlooking the sea”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have eaten here many times over the years, and always return. I rarely eat burgers or fries in restaurants, but I always make an exception here, their Kobe burger is, without doubt, the best. We ate carpaccio, tuna tataki, and of course, burgers, washed down with amazing frozen mojitos as we watched the last day of the Regatta. Wonderful food, good service, but quite expensive for lunch. (not open in the evenings).

1 Thank Colin S
Leland, North Carolina
“Excellent Lunch With An Outstanding View”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

There may not be a more delightful restaruant to enjoy lunch on the island. With the Regatta racing by, colorful spinnakers billowing, and an excellent lunch to enjoy, one could not ask for much more.
The famous lobster club was up to its hype. Flavorful, abundant and served with the best fries we've had on the island. My tuna burger was no burger but a fresh (off our server's boat, she said) tuna steak served rare with delightful grilled vegetables and the customary lettuce, tomato and red onion - also served with those great French fries.
One of our best meals during our two-week stay.

Rochester
“Go for the view, stay for the food”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We stumbled on Le Cafe and what a find! The view from the grounds is the most amazing I've seen! The food was great, the lobster club and the burger were perfect. Didn't want to leave! We will return before the end of this trip...

Visited March 2014