“Excellent food and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Basilico International
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have re-introduced a full menu for the high season. We offer pizzas from wood fired brick oven prepared by pizzaiolo from Italy, variety of pastas, salads, antipasti, soups, fresh fish and meat Italian dishes created and prepared by our Italian chefs. Please come and enjoy an evening and our delicious real Italian food!
Cupecoy
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have eaten the food here many times and each time I am impressed. The pastas are exquisite, the risotto excellent, and the steaks cooked to perfection!! Well done :-)

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Cupe Coy, Netherlands Antilles
“Best restaurant on the island!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited Basilico on several occasions. Every visit, I have had a wonderful experience. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. The food is absolutely amazing and consistently amazing! I eat here at least once a month!!! My favorites, so far (it's tough to tear myself away from these dishes to try other dishes) are the lasagna, the risotto with scallops and asparagus, and my new favorite their filet mignon!!! I am over-the-top impressed with this restaurant and DEFINITELY recommend it!!

Toronto, Canada
“Best Italian in St Maarten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is by far one of the best Italian restaurants I ever tried. Overall, this place will provide you with a great experience. The service is amazing with a really friendly staff. Also this restaurant will serve you real Italian cuisine with portions of good size unlike most of the restaurants in St. Maarten. I would highly recommend this place not only for food and service but also for the atmosphere this restaurant provide.
I will surely be coming back to this restaurant during my next trip to St. Maarten!!
Try this place you will love it!! Def the best Italian restaurant in St. Maarten!!

Toronto, Canada
“Where”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Located near the Atlantis Casino the Basilico International appears to be an ideal location for some fine Italian cuisine-and it was-the location yes the cuisine not impressed.As a party of 3, we were greeted with great enthusiasm and attentiveness as we walked through the door and were seated inside.Great start to the evening.Then the rest of the night seem to unravel on a downward spiral.Maybe it was because we did not order any alcoholic beverages, but the servers enthusiasm dissipated into thin air.We ordered grilled tuna, scallop risotto, salad rucola and soup of the day. Let's start with the salad-a green leafy salad with some arugula thrown in and there's your non-generous portioned salad for only 14$-on the other hand the pasta fagiola soup was a huge serving-big enough for 3 people to consume-lots of pasta and beans but not much liquid included-for 10$ it was a meal in itself. As the evening dragged on-yes dragged on since our once attentive waiter seemed to disappear into thin air the mains finally arrived 70 minutes later which is totally unacceptable.To begin with the tuna was bland and tasteless even with the sauce provided but the real calamity was the scallop risotto-the plate arrived with one scallop on top of the rice-we asked the waitress about this and she said there are more scallops underneath.Okay-we gathered our forks, knives, magnifying glasses, flashlights searching for that elusive 2nd scallop!!! And guess what? Absolutely nothing magically appeared underneath the mound of rice mush!!! Are you kidding me? Folks, for 24$ you too can enjoy 1 scallop on a bed of rice porridge.We were too exhausted to argue with the owner as closing time was fast approaching so we consumed the food presented and graciously paid with no tip provided and left the establishment never to return.Observational tips-Do not play favorites with your clientele-it was obvious our order was not high on your priority list nor was your waiters attentiveness.Everyone is equal and this suggestion is to the owner who seems to be running and kowtowing towards his big ticket tables outside-you want to stay in business then treat everyone with the same respect!!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Laval, Canada
“When 'Authentic Italian' actually is Authentic Italian!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I had recently come upon this spectacular Ristorante style eatery while on vacation celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and were definitely not disappointed. The mixture of the modern decor to exquisite taste of the food is unmatched on the island. The grilled tuna with sauteed vegetables was divine. My wife still can't stop praising Chef Persichino's lasagna. All in all it'll be the greatest culinary experience on the island without a doubt. We'll see you again shortly Basilico's!

• Visited May 2014