“The Cliff at Cupecoy is big reason why we loved this trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cliff at Cupecoy Beach

and 1 more site!
The Cliff at Cupecoy Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“The Cliff at Cupecoy is big reason why we loved this trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

My new wife and I rented Fred's beautiful Chez Socolisa D4 at the Cliffs at Cupecoy and it certainly met if not exceeded our expectations. We stayed on the island for 2 weeks, and spent the first week on the French side at the Cul de Sac which we loved (nearby Grand Case cuisine can't be beat), and I was worried that it would be hard to match this experience on Dutch Sint Maarten where we would spend our last week of the honeymoon.

We were pleasantly surprised at what a great conclusion The Cliff at Cupecoy provided us on our honeymoon. The D4 pad was decked out. I went for a honeymoon, but I kept thinking how great the place would be for our guy trips. Fred, the owner, I would guess loves a good home theater experience, as he has a great sound system, 50 inch TV, any channel Dish has to offer (much appreciated Fox Soccer Channel), great kitchen, good working AC unit, nearby tennis, and during the slow season, a nearly empty pool/gym/beach. We couldn't have asked for more.

Not to mention phone lines that you can dial out of the country on for no extra cost (which we didn't use, we were on vacation!), and a great Suzuki rental car INCLUDED in the cost. Obviously ever unit rented is different based on the owners taste. I inquired about a cooler, and he even provided me with one which was much appreciated, because the one I had brought had finally seen better days. He has daily maid service provided, which we did not have in French St. Martin, he has someone that you can utilize as your personal concierge (thank you Linda!) who set up our trip to Prickly Pear. We couldn't have asked for more.

The location is very close to everything, though we LOVED having a car on the island, it's so easy to get around, it was close enough to the airport it would be ok not to have one and still have fun in the area if the condo you rented did not include one, it was only like 12 dollar cab ride from the airport.

Mullet Beach is very close and very beautiful, the Casino across the street has two of the nicer restaurants on the Dutch side, Rare (we loved) and Tempation (next time we'll try). The casino, surprisingly, was very entertaining and quick to get you a cocktail when playing which is a lost art in Vegas. They had nightly free roll poker tournaments which I enjoyed and is a Casino rarity.

We loved visiting Maho to watch the planes, Simpson bay for dinners (try Bavaria for a change of pace), and Phillipsburg for shopping and ship watching. The weather was perfect in the rainy season, and we had the whole island seemingly to ourselves. You can't go wrong with this place, I'm not sure why there aren't other reviews. Only things I would suggest is bigger beach towels, and maybe switch out the couch for better back support. Thanks Fred for everything!

Room Tip: I suggest renting the numerous available properties on VRBO vs. booking directly with the condo/hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank David B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This has got to be the best place to stay on the island. Every condo has a beach/ocean view that is incredible. The cupecoy area is very quiet so it is a great place to come back to and call "home". The pool is great and the beach is an awesome place to go out and swim (though a little wavy).

Room Tip: Every room is great but the higher rooms have very cool views of almost the entire island.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blake_Arensdorf
Hoboken, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We loved this place. We rented E5, which was absolutely gorgeous. The views are unbelievable. We woke up every day to the most gorgeous blue water and sunshine. The property was clean and everyone was so friendly. Parking is a breeze, there was always a spot- even in the high season. Access to everything is super easy. It's a 10 minute drive to the airport & airport bars, 15 minutes to Marigot, 20 to Grand Case and about 35 to Orient Beach. We had a rental car that came with our booking and I highly recommend it. The facilities are extremely well maintained and clean, and there is 24 hour security always. I never felt unsafe (actually never felt unsafe in any part of the island). The beach is secluded and beautiful with crystal blue water. We did wish that the beach chairs were provided (you had to pay like $25 for two chairs and an umbrella), but we made do. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a better sunset room. We could see it from E5, but we had to stand and l...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank katej160
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Cliff at Cupecoy Beach is absolutely AMAZING!! It is hands down the nicest building on the island. The location is perfect, 10 mins from the airport, a walk to mullet Beach, short drive to the french side and much more!!! The facility is extremely clean and well maintained, the beach is beautiful and secluded, sooo perfect. We stayed in B5 and it was spotless and we felt right at home. The views were breathtaking, we could see straight to the bottom of the sea and on a clear day Saba. I would highly recommend staying here. We are already planning out return trip for 2013!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CarrieLee82
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We recently stayed in unit G2, a three bedroom, on the second floor- which they blocked off the other two bedrooms since there was only myself and my husband. The place was very large for a beach front condo, nice decor. We only booked it the night before and had no problems getting into the condo or the keys from Ann Marie running the security desk, she was very friendly as well as the rental manager Cherise. Friends of ours highly recommended this hotel condo to stay at for it's location and new decor. The cafe is only open for lunch, so bring some food when you come, they had a bottle of red and white wine waiting for us and a large bottle of water. My only complaint is they should have larger beach towels or a beach blanket to use when you go to other beaches. The beach in front of the condo was too steep with an undertow to swim. They should also provide some laundry soap to complete this full beautiful condo. We will come back but ask to be on a higher floor next time. Much better deal than any hotel on the island for the price, room and location, glad we did not stay way up at the Raddison. Looking forward to our return, I will also check out VRBO for owner rentals which would be on the higher floors above floor seven. And don't expect a full hotel service, but they want out of their way when my husband had to send a fax after hours, really good customer service here for a rental condo!

Room Tip: ask for a beach front room high up
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We rented unit A2, a corner unit for a week directly from the owner. It was gorgeous. The property is a gated condo high rise 4 minutes from Maho, 10 minutes from the Airport and 20 minutes from Marigot.

The employees were so kind and thoughtful. We rented a car this year, and having it in a gated lot made us feel that much more secure. Great restaurants around the corner -- literally -- in Maho Beach. and heading the other direction, you can make the shopping district in Marigot in no time at all.

The condo was well appointed, beautifully decorated and the view? WOW. the BEST view on the island in my opinion....on clear days you stare right at Saba and St Eustatius.

We've taken holiday in St Maarten almost every year for the past decade. We LOVE the island and the people. Staying at The Cliff made this trip that much more special.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew F
Herradura, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I had such an amazing stay at The Cliff. I would highly recommend this complex to anyone. My husband and I stayed in Unit C6. We drove here from the airport in about 10 minutes, I would say. Pulled up and were let in, then checked in at the front security area and obtained keys. Went up to room, and HOLY WOW. the view was spectacular. The balcony overlooking the ocean was worth every cent we paid (and it was not cheap) to stay here. Every single night I spent at least an hour on the balcony listening to the waves crash and watching the sun set. Absolutely breathtaking. The bed in the room was insanely comfy, Shower was super nice, having a full kitchen was awesome, and the great room area was comfy. Loved having flat screen TVs as well. Condo right on our fav beach of the island, Cupecoy Bay Beach. The fitness area was nice, we used that daily, and I loved the lap pool and steam room. Super nice. Stay here. I promise it's amazing.

Room Tip: I loved C6.
Belmond La Samanna
Belmond La Samanna
#1 of 1 in Terres Basses
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,064 reviews

Been to The Cliff at Cupecoy Beach? Share your experiences!