My new wife and I rented Fred's beautiful Chez Socolisa D4 at the Cliffs at Cupecoy and it certainly met if not exceeded our expectations. We stayed on the island for 2 weeks, and spent the first week on the French side at the Cul de Sac which we loved (nearby Grand Case cuisine can't be beat), and I was worried that it would be hard to match this experience on Dutch Sint Maarten where we would spend our last week of the honeymoon.
We were pleasantly surprised at what a great conclusion The Cliff at Cupecoy provided us on our honeymoon. The D4 pad was decked out. I went for a honeymoon, but I kept thinking how great the place would be for our guy trips. Fred, the owner, I would guess loves a good home theater experience, as he has a great sound system, 50 inch TV, any channel Dish has to offer (much appreciated Fox Soccer Channel), great kitchen, good working AC unit, nearby tennis, and during the slow season, a nearly empty pool/gym/beach. We couldn't have asked for more.
Not to mention phone lines that you can dial out of the country on for no extra cost (which we didn't use, we were on vacation!), and a great Suzuki rental car INCLUDED in the cost. Obviously ever unit rented is different based on the owners taste. I inquired about a cooler, and he even provided me with one which was much appreciated, because the one I had brought had finally seen better days. He has daily maid service provided, which we did not have in French St. Martin, he has someone that you can utilize as your personal concierge (thank you Linda!) who set up our trip to Prickly Pear. We couldn't have asked for more.
The location is very close to everything, though we LOVED having a car on the island, it's so easy to get around, it was close enough to the airport it would be ok not to have one and still have fun in the area if the condo you rented did not include one, it was only like 12 dollar cab ride from the airport.
Mullet Beach is very close and very beautiful, the Casino across the street has two of the nicer restaurants on the Dutch side, Rare (we loved) and Tempation (next time we'll try). The casino, surprisingly, was very entertaining and quick to get you a cocktail when playing which is a lost art in Vegas. They had nightly free roll poker tournaments which I enjoyed and is a Casino rarity.
We loved visiting Maho to watch the planes, Simpson bay for dinners (try Bavaria for a change of pace), and Phillipsburg for shopping and ship watching. The weather was perfect in the rainy season, and we had the whole island seemingly to ourselves. You can't go wrong with this place, I'm not sure why there aren't other reviews. Only things I would suggest is bigger beach towels, and maybe switch out the couch for better back support. Thanks Fred for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a Caribbean beach on St Maarten, the Cliff at Cupecoy Beach has luxury condominium suites with ocean views, full amenities and privacy and features the first Full-Service Christian Dior® Health Spa. A much better alternative to a St. Maarten Hotel room, it's like renting your own St. Maarten vacation villa on the beach, but with total security. Each vacation rental condo is elegantly and comfortably furnished for a great Caribbean Holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Cliff at Cupecoy Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff At Cupecoy Beach Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- The Cliff At Cupecoy Beach St. Maarten-St. Martin/Cupecoy Bay