“Perfect place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Otjiwarongo
Kambaku Safari Lodge
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Kambaku; it was the perfect place for our first visit to Africa and our first sightings of the animals we had travelled so far to see. The management and staff are among the best we have encountered anywhere; with thatched roof rooms, fire pit outside for cool evenings and walking trails leading to "blinds" or "hides" as they call them, so that you can sit and sip a cocktail and wait to see which animals venture into the open. Horseback riding is available for those who prefer to be off the ground as well as game drives into their 1800 hectare property to view the animals closer up. Just a fantastic experience!

Room Tip: Only 10 rooms so its hard not to get a good room, but ask for # 1 or 2 as they are a bit more privat...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nacka, Sweden
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Excellent horses, food and lodging! What more can a woman ask for? On the safari we saw four different kinds of antelops, zebras, giraffes, wilderbeast, ostriches and warthogs. And in the evening we had them for dinner :)
Mia

Room Tip: We stayed in a family room, even though we were only two. Luxury!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
lagos
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I arranged a workshop with my Snr management team for an afternoon and as a team builder arranged dinner and accommodation as well.
From the warm welcome on arrival to the fantastic meal and service and the wonderfully authentic cozy and spacious rooms the whole experience was mind blowing.

I can but recommend this lodge and sing its praises.
Having been in the hospitality industry for 30 years I am quite picky but Kambaku exceeded all my expectations

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 December 2013

A spendid holiday!
I am a solo traveller. I chose to join the team safari in sept, plus taking up the riding and wildlife package for 9 days.
Once arriving at the Windhoek airport, I was taken care of until leaving Kambaku. Worry-free.
It is great that during my stay I need not worry about anything since I booked a package and all activities were arranged accordingly. A very relaxing holiday. I felt like staying in the paradise.

Food, no worry. Baby chicken and eland steak was extremely delicious.
Drinks, no worry. I don't take alcohol, they could make hot lemon tea especially for me, on request. so nice to have hot drinks in the cold night ^_^
Riding, no worry. Bush walk, no worry. The bush walk guide was very professional and knowledgeable.

I wanted a calm horse and my horse Leo was great. I rode Leo for the whole week. This practice suits me the most since it always takes me long time to get warmed up with a new horse.

I am not an advanced rider, I still felt safe to canter in Kambaku, wonderful experience. I love going very close to giraffes on a horseback, feeling like face to face, I could not imagine it!

It was very very hot in daytime and I always had to drink. Drinking water is sufficient.
But water for a shower or for brushing teeth may be in a sudden stop. Water is really very precious here.

All people, staff and guests are nice. All always smiling. Good quality people.
Staff are great and hardworking (I could see my riding guide at 7am until 10:30pm after finishing dinner! working long long hours!)

The room was very comfortable and cool. no need for airconditioning LOL.
I love the bed, what a pity, I could not sleep too much since I want to do riding too much too.

This is a really solo traveller friendly resort. One can easily make new friends while enjoying the vacation.

I appreciated Kambaku's flexibility very much that I could move to my new friends' dinner table on one night when I was supposed to sit at another table.

Tips for those taking Cheetah Conservation Fund day tour: ask and try to arrive before 8am to see cheetahs doing running exercise. Stay till 2pm Cheetah feeding time, if you love to know more about cheetahs.

I have already recommended this resort to my riding friends. I hope I will come back soon too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Weyarn, Germany
Reviewed 21 December 2012

very beautiful guest farm with personnel treatment by the owner family. Great food, very clean, the whole place has been redecorated recently. small pool, nice garden. Dinner is served on the roof deck on huge tables for all the guests together. Lobby, restaurant and rooms are decorated with a lot of individual, lovely details. we have been there in October so we did not miss the aircon in our room. This might be a problem in summer.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Luanda, Angola
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed at Kambaku for the first time in May 2012, We spent only two nights and we loved it so much that we came back in November 2012 for three nights (we should have stayed longuer!). The place is amazingly relaxing which; belive me is very difficult to find when you travel with 3 kids of 1, 3, and 5 years old. The staff is extremily nice and helpful with the kids and seem to behave that way not because it's their job but because they are naturally nice and friendly ! We had the family suite (2 rooms) which is quite large. The food is lovely. The horse riding is excellent. The lodge is also very well located between Etosha and Windhoek.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mamid C
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We arrived at Kambaku after dark and entered a beautiful retreat lit by lamps, which was really romantic. We were greated with a friendly welcome and a refreshing drink before being led to our amazing rooms. We had a large suite with four poster bed (and mosquito net), a spacious dressing area and large bathroom with two showers and sink units. Everything about our suite was exquisite and unique. Whilst we had dinner each night fresh flowers and chocolates were left on our bed which was a really lovely touch.

We had dinner outside by candlelight and under the stars. The food was fantastic and exceeded all expectations.

The following morning we went on an early morning horse ride and saw a great range of animals and were able to get really close to Gnu and Springbok in particular. The horses were well cared for and I think the tack room was the best managed I have ever seen!

We really didn't want to leave as everyone was so helpful and I think the management team are doing really great work to provide opportunities for the development of their expanding team of local young people.

I look forward to returning some day

Room Tip: From what we saw all the rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family