“Value for Money”
Review of C'est Si Bon Hotel

C'est Si Bon Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Otjiwarongo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We decided to break away for the long weekend and opted for C'est Ci Bon. Never been to Otjiwarongo, so we were very excited. We arrived just after 14h00 the afternoon and had a drink at the bar area as the computer was offline and they did not know which room was ours. After a while, we were shown to room 7. We could relax, enjoy the room and just chill.
The food is good but it is too much. We chose to have dinner at the restaurant to support them, but the portions are so big that our left overs served as lunch the next afternoon. So for Sunday evening, we opted for a toasted sandwich from Wimpy instead.
Staff were very friendly - Bernard in the bar, and Rina who served us the first evening. I must admit, I was slightly disappointed with breakfast. I LOVE omelettes and when I asked for one at the breakfast table, the tiny young lady (shortish) explained that if I take an omelette, there would be no filling, just the egg so I chose the full breakfast instead and that was a let-down. Next morning, I decided to ask for my omelette and to my surprise, it was filled with bacon, tomato, cheese and mushrooms - heavenly! (We were served by a different lady).

There were a few things that was a little of a let-down: The bathroom is clean but the shower head is of such that you cannot turn it, therefore it sprays against the wall and more often than not, everything on the shelve in the shower, ends up on the floor. Also: Room service came in on Sunday morning and took our towels and floor towel, but never replaced it - we ended up using our own towel on the floor.

Room Tip: Room 10 seems to be the better room but it is next to the bird cage and they can be loud. The new de...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petro K

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed over for 2 nights for the annual soccer tournament. a Nice cosy reception and dinning room. We stayed in the newly built section and would always enquire for that part. It`s spaceous and just what you need.Although they did not manage well with the amount of guest regarding preparations for both diner and breakfast, we enjoyed it. What suited me well, it was within walking distance to the sports gound where the tournament was hosted. Beautiful birds are to be seen, kids liked it alot.

Room Tip: Request for the new extention.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

C'est Si Bon is sort of like a Hamptons Inn quality. It sticks to basics and does them acceptably well. The room could have been from a highway side hotel in the US. I enjoyed my dinner there.They are building new rooms even as we speak, and the room I was in was essentially brand new. Only one complaint. Room 40 has only one spare electric outlet for guests, and it did not work at all, so even though I had converter and adapter, I could not recharge camera or phone.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed over at hotel on our way to Etosha. The kids swam the whole afternoon and was served milkshakes next to the pool by their very friendly waiters.
We had the most delicious dinner. And what a menu to choose from. There were so many delicious items I almost decided to order 2 items for my main course!! The service was also great and really friendly & helpfull staff.
The luxury rooms are really nice with aircons and thick duvets, not to mention the nice flat screen TV & DSTV mounted on the wall. Next time I'm definately going to stay 2 nights and visit all the surrounding parks and activities. I loved all the birds & ducks they also keep there. There was quite a variety of species to view.
I can reccommend Cest Si Bon Hotel to anyone and I hope that you will enjoy your stay there just as much as we did.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank saida2607
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We loved the quaint thatch roof units clustered around the large sparking pool that is lit at night, plus the idea of being able to eat dinner outside, around the pool arther than in the dining area. The service was good, the food was above average and the grounds are immaculately kept. The owners were more than happy to add an extra matrass for a child at no extra cost. Our only grumble was the abundance of parrots - the proprietors LOVE birds and have an assortment in cages. They're a little noisy at sunrise and sunset and we felt it takes something away from the wild birds in the area- assuming you can hear the local birdlife above the chattering and squawking of the caged macaws.

Room Tip: Take earplugs if you're adverse to bird noises!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel is acceptable. The rooms are tidy and the food is acceptable. The pool was not clean. The ambiance did not appeal to me as some guests were noisy and aggressive and the hotel management did not address the situation. I was in one of the rooms at the hotel entrance inicially. This was very small, dark and not very comfortable. I was moved to one of the rooms at the back wich was much better.

Room Tip: Do not take any of the rooms near the entrance.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LWB123
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.The food was delicious and portions were huge!Staff also needs a "two thumbs up" for being friendly and helpful.I also liked the rooms.Each was fitted with a decent size flatscreen TV with a couple digital channels on offer.Rooms also had comfortable beds...
I'll be staying over again soon!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the new "back rooms"
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business