We were looking forward to Africat because of the work they are involved in, and to our delight found ourselves upgraded to the Bush Camp - something we had considered but discounted because of the cost when booking our holiday. It was luxurious and a magnificent way to end our trip. Everything was great and the passion of the staff and guides was evident in all they did. Some people feel Okonjima is a bit Disney, but there's real purpose to the work they do here and that is the difference. I'm no fan of lodges where big cats are "baited", but Africat has a clear mandate of rescue and rehabilitation and that is the key difference. We would happily go back - the main camp sounds lovely but two nights in the Bush Camp was very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OKONJIMA - home of AfriCat, a non–profit organisation, committed to long–term conservation of Namibia's large carnivores. AfriCat started out as a welfare organisation, but after many years of rescuing large numbers of carnivores from irate livestock farmers, it became apparent that the long-term survival of large carnivores on both commercial and communal farmland, is dependent on finding solutions to the ever-increasing human-wildlife conflict. OKONJIMA hosts the exclusive Villa & Bush Suite, Bush Camp, Main Camp, the private Omboroko Campsite & the Volunteer Programme – PAWS. Halfway between Windhoek and Etosha. (B1) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Okonjima Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okonjima - Home Of Africat Hotel Otjiwarongo
- Okonjima Bush Camp Namibia/Otjiwarongo