Serian
Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$392
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$633
US$403
Fairmont.com
  • Breakfast included
Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$192
  • Breakfast included
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$206
US$176
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$368
US$221
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$178
Agoda.com
US$39
US$38
Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Restaurant
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmain campmobile campother guestsother campsmasai maragame drivesthe rivertree housealex walkerfamily tentwalking safarithe camp managercakebucket showermeal timessafari experienceland cruiser
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I stayed at both the Ngare Serian and Serian main Camp. The tents in Ngare are larger and sit right on the Mara where as Serian our tents were up a little higher with a view of the Mara regardless both offered outstanding staff and service. This place gives you the real feeling of being in Africa – camping at its best - tents with flush toilets and baths overlooking the Mara river hippos. You can hear the hippos from either side of the river. I had never been to Africa and really did not know what to expect – traveled to both Kenya and Tanzania but Serian stands out in my mind. Waking up to a knock on the door and a tray of coffee - superb! Our Serian driver & guide did everything to make sure we enjoyed all of our ventures out of camp, finding all we wanted to see and then some. We saw a couple of other vehicles from other camps jammed packed with people and was happy to be in our Land Rover with just us and our Masai guides.
I was told before I went to Africa that this was a once in a lifetime experience but they were wrong I will back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2010

A friend that has been in the Travel Industry for 30 years recommend Alex Walkers Serian for my recent trip to Africa. He told me that this was his favorite place that offers luxury but still manages to give you an authentic African experience. Needless to say I took his advice and stayed at the Serian for 4 nights of my 12 night African Safari and it is now my favorite place as well. It really is a place to experience not only are the accommodations lovely but so is the staff. Everyone there makes you feel at home while you are in the camp and the safaris' were excellent - saw so many amazing animals including that elusive Leopard! Don't miss the opportunity for your bush breakfast in the AM Safari. Also, Serian is homebase to "Living with Lions" Mara Predator Project which is dedicated to the conservation of the Kenya Lions - which just makes this place a little more special. www.livingwithlions.org

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Alex Walker's Serian is more like one's own private camp. The owner hosted camp's hospitality is fantastic, food exquisite and service exceptional. Being a photographer their guides are very experienced and knowledgeable. The Mara North Conservancy offers peace and quite for optimum wildlife viewing away from the mad rush of 8-10 vehicles of the inner Reserve. A definite for any serious wildlife photographer and intrepid travelers alike. A truly authentic African safari experience!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Waking with a view across the River watching Hippos bathing was the first sight upon rising, There is nothing like creeping quietly through the long grasses with a picnic feast and driving through the Mara to watch the young with their mothers before the day began, and the hot sun arrives. Seeing elephants, using their tusks to push the trees over, to reach the rich branches of the Acacia trees. Quietly driving through miles and miles of Africa, just my guide for company, as one, after another sight unfolds. The wild flowers that spring up amongst the rich grasses, and an endless expanse of scenery, each one broken by a splash of colour with the movement of yet another animal. Hyenas, Leopards, Lions, Zebra, Buffalo, Gazelle, of all variety, Giraffe, Maribou storks, Hippo, and many more, to name but a few.

This was my first safari, yet i felt safe enough to travel alone , to be met in the friendly and luxurious camp of Serian., after transfer from Nairobi. The staff professional, courteous, approachable and have great knowledge of the animals and my environment. The accommodation is pure luxury, yet natural and in keeping within the expectations you would expect on a Safari. Huge tents , more like individual Marques, i am thinking, arguing with the brochure.

The food was plentiful, and varied and each day ended with an intimate surrounding of either a large dinner party with the other guests after their thirsty day out or "sundowners" a local ride to the top of the Mara with drinks and canapés watching the sun go down ... after a 5 day visit, I was in love with Africa and everything else left behind me...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenyantraveller1
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Have been to the Mara 3 times, the last 2 at Serian which was recommended by friends at work. Whether you want to see the animals or relax by the river, this is the place to be. Each time, our host was great and made it feel like it was our own private camp. One price includes safari, park entrance fees, good food and an extensive bar. We were there to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday party and what a party it was!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends