“A delightful stay and very helpful manager”
Review of La Posada del Faro

La Posada del Faro
Ranked #1 of 9 Jose Ignacio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A very pretty posada. Not too busy when we were there.
Stayed in a standard room - the rates (even off peak) are massive, and to be honest the other rooms may have better views +/- larger in size, but the garden space, lots of seating, proximity to beach means that a standard room is fine- not sure that we missed out much by not having a more expensive room - though maybe if I saw those rooms I might feel differently! As it was, we were more than happy in our 'standard'.
Use of bikes and golf carts included in room rate.
Decently priced honesty bar.
Restaurant was not open so cannot comment on that, but great breakfasts - you can sit anywhere from inside your room, to the pool, garden, living room - the staff bring it out on trays.
Staff are really great - not all speak English, but they are all more than helpful.
Martin the manager really was fantastic - so helpful and accommodating.
Some other top tips - bring cash - the ATMs don't work.
Book in advance for La Huella.
Most restaurants will take credit card.
Jose Ignacio is lovely - enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Standards are fine if the price of the others is beyond your means
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SquirrelyCody

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had the room closest to the road overlooking the beach. It was completely private, huge, and so pretty. You make a short walk to a quiet beach. Everyone who works there was so helpful and friendly. I LOVED this place and the town and Uruguay. What a great way to begin our trip.

Room Tip: I wish I could remember our room number because it was the best!
Reviewed 25 May 2013

A great experience. We went in the first week of March the beginning of the off season and had wonderful weather a beautiful room for a large discount and were upgraded for free when we arrived. A very relaxing, quaint alternative to its busier neighbors in punta del este.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My wife and I visited on our honeymoon. The staff knew this ahead of time, and on the evening of our arrival there was a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room. I thought that was a nice touch. Also, our flight in was delayed and we arrived quite late, but they kept the restaurant open so we could enjoy a late dinner. I agree with other reviews that it was a bit pricey, but it is worth it. It is a great B&B in what was the best beach town I've ever been to. I hope to return someday soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in room #7, which has its own cabana. Great place to eat breakfast in the morning overlooki...
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed on recommendation of a friend and loved this town. I could retire there! The hotel was small, charming, but there was a knocking sound all night long in our room. We asked the staff to see about it and they came to our room and said they couldn't do anything. Clearly there was a shutter or a door in the back of the building causing the noise. I would have at the very least, given us another room or an upgrade. I just didn't get it? The bathroom needed a little TLC and the shampoo bottles were half full, also.
We had a nice view from the first floor and the dog was very cute. I would probably find another place if I returned....

Room Tip: I would try a top floor room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenflo11111
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stayed a couple of days in this nice hotel in José Ignacio last January. Overall a very nice place. We had booked a standard room but that was sort of a disappoitment (no view at all) so we upgraded to a beautiful room on the first floor with great views of the sea and the sunset. The beach bar also very nice, with big canapé sunbeds. Bikes are quite handy. Not all staff speak good English (the lady at reception had clearly been selected for her looks rather than her intellect/English skills). We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Avoid the standard rooms (with no view at all)!
2  Thank Philippe J
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The place is, as another reviewer writes, a corner of heaven. Stunning views, simple and elegant rooms, perfect breakfasts, attentive but un-invasive staff. Great idea to have an honesty cocktail bar by the pool. Truly relaxing holidays - and in my view wonderful not to have tv's in the rooms!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends