My sister and I recently spent one night at the Brandshatch Place Hotel and also took advantage of the spa package which included two treatments.
The reception was a bit underwhelming but the receptionist was pleasant and took us up to our room, which was an executive twin. The room had all the amenities you'd expect - including robes and complimentary water - and the only minor complaint is that the ironing board and iron were one those systems integrated with a trouser press which was cramped to use and the iron wasn't steam.
Before our spa treatments we went down to use the spa facilities. The changing room was not at all what you'd expect from a spa changing room, it was much more like one at a gym. The pool was also very disappointing - it was tiny, as were the spa pool (which was in a weird dark alcove), steam room and sauna. When we were there there were several young guys there who were members of the gym. While they were pleasant enough it did make us a bit uncomfortable and, as a result, we didn't linger as it wasn't the relaxing experience we were expecting. There were also a couple of kids as the pool is only child-free for a couple of hours at the weekend - again, not quite the spa experience we were expecting.
After a very nice lunch (which was part of the package) we had our treatments - which were lovely. We both had a facial and a massage and the therapists were great. We then went to the relaxation room for an hour which was lovely and we left feeling very chilled.
Our package included dinner - the service was great and the food was delicious. As was breakfast the next morning which we had in our room.
Throughout our stay the service was amazing - everyone seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs and nothing was too much trouble. They really made the stay special.
All in all, it was a lovely trip - the room, food, spa treatments and service were all great. However, I think the pool etc and changing rooms could definitely do with a bit of improvement to make it a 100% fantastic package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This sophisticated Georgian mansion, built in 1806, is the perfect venue for weddings as well as meetings, events and private dining. Thirty eight beautifully furnished rooms offer all the latest modern amenities - and when you have finished resting, you are welcome to drop in at the Health Club and Spa, a great place to work out, relax or unwind. Despite its rural location, it is within easy reach of major motorways and London, as well as Gatwick and Heathrow airports, the south coast and the Channel Tunnel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brandshatch Place Fawkham
- Hotel Brandshatch Place
- Brand Hatch Hotel Place
- Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa Kent/Fawkham