“We had an Amazing Wedding and would definitely recommend to all!”

Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawkham
London, United Kingdom
“We had an Amazing Wedding and would definitely recommend to all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

We had our wedding at Brandshatch place and both the venue and service was excellent. We were so happy with the whole day! The food and drink, The ceremony rooms and the service from members of the team were more then we could ever of asked for. A truly memorable day with no faults at all!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Many congratulations!
It is so kind of you to write a review following your special day, thank you. The team are absolutely thrilled to receive your comments. We are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your wedding day with us, and I would like to take this opportunity of wishing you both the very best for your new future together.

Kindest regards
Andrew Oxby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

OK, stayed here for 3 nights and apart from the food, which was dire, and one miserable member of the bar staff I have to say it was a pretty comfortable stay.
The first thing that hits you as you get out the car is the din from the motorway & Brands hatch circuit which are both very close. If I had been staying for a 'getaway' weekend or something I'd have been disappointed, however I was just using the hotel as a 'base in Kent' to play some golf, so it didn't really matter.
The hotel is a real labyrinth & I think I had the furthest away room, however the room/bathroom was clean & comfortable. Sky was crystal clear on the TV, which is always a bonus! Tea/coffee well stocked.
WiFi was strong & free but my iPhone kept wanting me to log on with password every time I switched it on. I never got round to asking if this was right or not, but its never happened anywhere else, having said that, maybe it was a setting!
Bathroom was nicely done, showing a few signs of wear & tear, but the shower (over the bath) was fantastic. There's nothing worse than a crap shower!
I had 3 great nights sleep, the bed & pillows (I always struggle with the 'right height' pillows!) were perfect.
Only had 1 meal in the bar and it was terrible, even the chips tasted of nasty/old fat. I reckon you really have to put the effort in to come up with something so bad! I caught sight of the uninspired cooks & it didn't exactly fill me with confidence!
Used the bar twice to watch the football (in 3D, which was novel) and was served by a surly & unfriendly lady on the second occasion. No smile, no banter, no anything & ignored me at the bar for the 1st excruciating few minutes whilst she was going backwards & forwards between this bar and another. If she or any other bar staff read this, then please believe me you can avoid winding the customer up by immediately acknowledging the customer with a big fat smile & a 'I'll be right with you'! It doesn't cost anything and works every time! Having said that, I found everyone else friendly, helpful & open.
The cooked breakfast was awful, overcooked, greasy & nasty however the choice of fruit, cereal, nuts, yoghurt, super-foods & seeds was fantastic!
Don't order a newspaper when you check in as they charge you for it, whereas there's free newspapers in the breakfast room!
Never used the spa, so can't comment!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Thank you very much for your recent stay and for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry for the standard of the bar food and service and the cooked breakfast you encountered, and I have shared your comments with our Food & Beverage team to ensure that we take the appropiate action to ensure we deliver food and service of the highest standard to all of our customers, I am sorry on this occasion this was not the case.
Thank you very much for positive feedback on the overall standard and for your rating for cleanliness and sleep quality.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our free WiFi and our newly refurbished Atrium Lounge and bar in the health club that now shows Sky in 3D.
I sincerely hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Kent
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We went here for our 5th wedding anniversary. In summary this place is OK but not somewhere you would want for a special occassion. As an aside all the staff that worked there were lovely, and the meals excellent, however the whole overall experience from beginning to end was mediocre. We checked in at the same time a wedding was about to start, this place is too small to be able to cope with a wedding and regular hotel guests as personnally I felt I was intruding into someones special day. The room was below average we paid for an executive room but it was tired and in need of a make-over, there was barely any natural light as the bottom portion of the window was covered. We were unable to open the window either so had to request a fan as it was such a warm evening it would of been impossible to sleep.

After checking in we went for a sandwich on the rooftop terrace, this was quite busy with many of tables still with dirty plates, glasses etc we ordered sandwiches and after 30 minutes they had still not arrived so we chased this up. Unfortunately for us they had forgotten to give our order to the chef so waited about 50 minutes in total for a sandwich.

We went down to use the swimming pool/jacuzzi etc in the afternoon but as this place is facility for parents to bring their children if they are members of the gym so it didnt make for a relaxing time as kids were jumping in and out of the pool. We thought we would come back later as surely all the kids would be in bed/having dinner at 6pm - unfortunately this was not the case and there were about 7 under 5 year olds still in the pool. I do have 2 children of my own so this is not written by someone who hasnt got kids and therefore no sympathy - quite the opposite but this hotel needs to market itself as one thing or the other family experience or couples retreat. The water in the pool was disgusting it was had a vile taste to it making it unpleasant to even get your face wet.

The meals afternoon tea, dinner and breakfast were excellent - however the staff at the evening meal despite being lovely took ages to give us menus, take drinks orders. After dinner we had a drink but because of the wedding were once again very limited to where we could go in the hotel.

All in all would not recommend, I would be surprised if you were impressed!

4 Thank CLSpencer
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry if you felt that the wedding in the hotel impacted on your stay. We do indeed host weddings at the hotel but we are confident in making sure that we are able to look after all of our guests to a consistent and high quality standard, I am sorry on this occasion this was not achieved in full. I sincerely apologise for the shortcomings and would like assure you that action has been taken accordingly following you feedback.

Thank you for your comments regarding our swimming pool. Our pool is a salt water swimming pool which is more environmentally friendly without the use of chemicals. It is aimed at an improved swimming experience which is more delicate on your body as opposed to most swimming pools which use the chemical chlorine. Our pool is generally very quiet, and I am sorry on this occasion your experience was hindered.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be lovely and that the meals were excellent. I am hopeful that one day you will choose to return to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa where, I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy your experience and our high quality service that Brandshatch Place Hotel is renowned for.

Yours sincerely,

Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I attended a wedding on the 23rd july 2011 at the Brands hatch place and spa and had a fantastic time...The staff were very friendly, the food was nice our room could have been a little better we were in the mews and had a blanked out window so no view..The drinks were expensive especially as the bride and grooms party had exclusive use of the venue..everything flowed there were no long pauses etc...the evening buffet was also very nice some strange items but very tasty..
overal I would recomend and I am sure I speak for most of the bridal party.

Room Tip: The lower numbered room the better it will be ??
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to register your feedback on Trip Advisor, and it was great to read that you and the bridal party had a fantastic time when attending a wedding at the hotel.

Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa really is an idilyic setting for a wedding. Once a Georgian Manor House you can really make your dreams come true and have your very own manor house for your special day. We ensure that we are a 'one wedding venue' making the day a truely memorable one including friendly service and fine food.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Brandshatch Place Hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Great room
Great spa
But not cheap, it is very close to London i suppose and also has the access to the race circuit.
Service was great though and would reccommend

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure to read that you felt your stay with us was excellent, and that you thought the bedroom and spa were great. We aim to provide value for money, however I will take on board your comments regarding our prices for future price reviews.

The team are proud to receive feedback knowing that we deliver great service and in the future kowing that you will recommend us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Best wishes

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I went with my boyfriend and thought it was going to be a nice break with a spa. Firstly the title is misleading, it is not a hotel and spa, it is a hotel with a gym attached that you can use and get massages. Stupidly, we went around 7pm and it was PACKED just like a gym in central london after work had finished. Everything in the gym is tiny including the pool and the whole thing just needs to be ripped out and started again. The tiles are cracked and mouldy and the whole thing just feels really unhygienic.
The hotel itself is also just a bit grotty. It feels (and smells) like the carpets have been there years and years and the paint colour is unfortunate, especially on grey days. The pillows are horrid foam things and so is the duvet. I understand they cater for people with allergies but my god, if it's not feather at least make sure it's soft and comfortable. They also don't have wireless in the rooms so you have to either sit in communal parts or sit at some little desk with your computer connected. This really annoyed me as I like to work in bed and not be confined by a 20 cm cable.
Service was good and everyone was helpful but the ambiance is what you'd expect from some random little B and B on the outskirts of a city that hadn't been updated in years.
I travel a lot and have stayed at a few hand picked hotels and it's really not the standard you would expect from the group and for the price.

2 Thank HPHvisitor
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you found our staff helpful and that the service was good. I am sorry about shortcomings you experienced regarding the physical aspects of the hotel, health club and spa. We do have a maintenance and re-decoration program in place and I have taken the opportunity to use your comments to assist in the schedule of future plans and refurbishment. Thank you for your recent stay and I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to Hand Picked Hotels soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here while visiting friends in Kent over a weekend. Made use of the spa and massage treatments (slightly pricey, but good) and also had dinner (similarly, pricey, but good service).
Surprisingly, we did not hear the traffic or the racing on Sunday morning despite having a room facing the front of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to register your review on Trip Advisor. I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your relaxing weekend, and took the opportunity to enjoy our health club and spa, experiencing some of our treatments available.

We are also about to redevelop part of our health club and spa into a brasserie style informal dining area over the next month, where you will also be able enjoy a delightful lunch or indulge in afternoon tea to further pamper and treat yourself.

Once again thank you for review, and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa again in the near future.

Andrew Oxby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawkham
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Chilston Park Hotel
Chilston Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lenham
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa

Been to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!