“good quality”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawkham
south coast
“good quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We were given a overnight stay with breakfast and a massage followed by a afternoon tea as a christmas present. It was all of a good quality, with excellent staff sevice and a very enjoyable weekend. Only slight negitive is the warren like passages to the rooms, ok for us but would have been a problem if you had an mobility issues. Otherwise very good and a good quality experiance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review.

We are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your Christmas present of an overnight stay with us at Brandshatch Place Hotel. The team will be delighted that they had such a positive impact on your stay with us, and I will be sure to pass on your great feedback.

Being a Georgian Country Manor House, some of our corridors are a little long however we are pleased to state that we do have disabled access to most of the hotel, health club and spa for any guest that may need mobility assistance.

We hope to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Andrew Oxby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I booked a Sat night stay to check out the hotel as a wedding venue. The wedding area is more or less separate to the hotel which is nice. I especially liked they arranged all the wedding guests to have breakfast in a separate room. There is also child care facilities. The gym facilities are very good. There is a good choice for breakfast.
The areas of improvements are the serving staff at the restaurant.
I was in Room 21 and not sure why there is a permanant extractor fan noise all night.

Room Tip: Not 21 as there is the extractor fan noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and naturally you wanted to experience the hotel before considering it for a wedding venue.

Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant team, and I will be sure to address your comments with the new Food & Beverage Manager who starts with us next week, and I will get the Maintenance Manager to correct the extract noise that can be heard from room 21. The extractor fan should be on a timer and go off at night, please accept my apologies that this did not happen on the evening when you stayed with us.

I was also pleased that you could view a wedding that was happeneing in the hotel during your stay, so hopefully it gave you a good insight into how your day may run. I would certainly recommend our 'Exclusive Use' wedding package, where you can then have your very own private Georgian Manor House for your special day.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention, and hopefully for your wedding day.

Please do contact us should you require any further information regarding Weddings at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I had a really nice weekend at Brands Hatch for our 30th wedding anniversary.
The staff were excellent without exception, food really nice at both the two evening meals we had and at both breakfasts.
We stayed in one of the Master Suites (Room 17) which was clearly a nice large room. The only negatives are the, presumably structural, wall in the middle of the room making it feel smaller, making the TV be right on top of you and restrictig movement around the room. Also the shower was a bit tired.
We made use of the spa facilities which we enjoyed. The sauna and steam room area again seemed a bit 'tired'.
We would return for another visit but not sure that the Master Suite is worth the extra cost.
My only other negative - Spirtfire and Wychwood beer in the fridge - sacrilege!!

Room Tip: If you go for the Master Suite make sure you are aware of the large wall in the middle of the room m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

I will certainly convey your kind words to all the team as clearly they ensured your stay was a truly excellent relaxing weekend. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the food, chef will be pleased, as we have have just introduced our new seasonal menus into the restaurant.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the bedroom, sauna and steam room. We are currently carrying out a property review to highlight our areas for refurbishment this year, and I will ensure your feedback is taken into consideration.

I will speak to the Bars Supervisor regarding the storage and serving of our bottled real ales to ensure they are served at the correct temperature for the future, I am sorry that they were served cold to you.

On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when again we can assure you of the very best attention.

Best wishes
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely venue for a wedding, really nice decor and intimate. Rooms are lovely and spacious, comfy bed, tea making facilities, tv, wifi, all you could want. Plenty of choice at breakfast and nice and relaxing. A stones throw from the track and nice grounds

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa. I'm so pleased that you had such a relaxing time whilst attending a wedding at the hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with others on Trip Advisor.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again in the future.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My partner and I have a Christmas tradition. Every year on Christmas Eve we go to a nice hotel for dinner and stay the night, it is our gift to each other. Unfortunately this year we booked into Brandshatch Place. When we arrived and checked in all was well. The room was fine (although very cold – I understand they are planning to install secondary glazing this year). We then headed down to the bar for a drink. The barman was great and made me a lovely hot chocolate (I do not drink alcohol). However from this point onwards it all went downhill.

A member of staff who was dressed up as Father Christmas (I assume for the families who were staying) was wandering around in the bar half in and half out of his costume. He had on the red suit but had failed to put on the beard and hat, all of this in full view of the children who were staying. He then proceeded to settle himself down in the bar, again not really appropriate for Father Christmas on Christmas Eve! I went back to the bar for another round of drinks but sadly this time there was another member of staff behind the bar. I asked if he had anything with elderflower in and his response was “no”. No suggestion of alternatives or even an indication of what was available. When we sat to drink these drinks staff were coming and going through the lounge on their mobile phones and carrying pound-land bags, again not what you expect in a four star hotel.

However the worst was yet to come. We had dinner booked at 8pm in the restaurant so headed down there a few minutes in advance and were shown to our table. I had to request a different chair as mine was wet (rather than remove this, the waiter moved it to another table) then we sat down. We had to wait ages before anyone took a drinks order. Finally someone took our food order, I opted for the celeriac soup followed by a spinach and courgette bake, my partner had smoked salmon followed by the fish course. We were given bread and a small taster of mushroom soup before the starters came out, which were fine. Then the starters were served. The smoked salmon was okay, not amazing, but the soup was inedible, watery and tasteless. I returned it uneaten and declined the offer of an alternative, the waiter (still dressed as Father Christmas) agreed that it looked watery. Then for the main course. Again my partners was fine, the standard you would expect in an inexpensive pub rather than a four star hotel, mine on the other-hand was disgusting. A dish that had been described as spinach and courgette bake but contained no spinach. It was actually a few bits of penne pasta, a mountain of cheese, some fine beans and one third pickled onions! It was swimming in oil and was again returned uneaten. Again I declined the offer of an alternative meal and opted instead for a bread roll. For pudding my partner had chocolate roulade but I opted not to risk it! We asked to speak to the food and drinks manager as he had not actually communicated with us up to this point and were informed by a member of staff that he had arranged for a bottle of champagne to be put in our room. This simply added insult to injury as I do not drink and I would have expected a half-decent restaurant manager to have noticed that I had not had an alcoholic drink all night. We requested that it be removed and that he come to our table and speak to us. He was apologetic and said that he had taken the food bill off our account. I am not exaggerating when I say that this was the worst meal I have ever been served. It was in every way vile, inedible and I cannot believe that it was constructed by a qualified chef!

We decided at this point to leave and not stay the night, our Christmas Eve had been ruined by this time. The food and drinks manager agreed not to charge us for the food or the room and subsequently the hotel manager has contacted me to offer a free meal at Brandhatch Place, which I Have declined as I will NEVER go there again! He has offered to extend this to one of their sister hotels in Maidstone, but my faith in Handpicked Hotels, which previously to this I have always recommend to other people, has taken a nose-dive and I am not sure that I ever want to stay on one again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liz B
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal on Christmas Eve, and subsequently decided to leave the hotel, however I am pleased that after speaking personally with me and my colleague you will be returning, where I am sure we will restore your faith in Hand Picked Hotels, and prove to you that this was an isolated occasion.

Gutersloh, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

After finding the hotel on the internet for my wife and I ,I booked a room via direct email with the management.
Nothing was to much trouble.check in and out was faultless
We stayed in a suit which was fantastic,and very clean.
The food is amazing.and the restaurant staff very good at there job.
And the staff are more than helpful throughout the hotel.
The hotel made us feel very relaxed indeed
All round excellent hotel and would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Email the staff before using a booking site as they are very helpful and you could even get more for...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay with us, and we were pleased to read your kind comments regarding the staff and that you thought the food was amazing. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. When I phoned the hotel to book a night I was informed that there was a Christmas party and the hotel maybe busy. My husband and I stayed in a executive double room. The room was lovely and comfortable. The bed was nice and large.
We used room service several times and the service was excellent.

The dinner was included with a glass of wine in the price. There were several options available on the menu and the chef kindly removed the skin from the fish. The waiter was very helpful.
We had breakfast sent to our room it arrived in good time and was nice and hot.

The shower is over the bath and I found that it was mounted rather low when I was washing my hair. There was a good selection of toiletries. The towels and robes were nice and large.
I did not use the gym, however the equipment and swimming pool looked of a good quality.
I had a massage at the spa. I thought this was excellent value for money.

The check in and check out was a very easy process. Having come to the hotel to celebrate my birthday it was lovely to see on our arrival to our room Emma and the team had left me a bar of chocolate with a little message.

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning to the hotel very soon.

• Stayed December 2013
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience following your stay at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa to celebrate your birthday.

We are pleased that you really enjoyed your birthday with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Andrew Oxby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawkham
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Chilston Park Hotel
Chilston Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lenham
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa

Been to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!