“Special Anniversary Stay”

Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawkham
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed on our 1st wedding anniversary. The service (Detroit-born Kenny in particular) was excellent (good to see mainly British staff); afternoon tea and dinner was tasty; made special with complimentary champagne! Would come back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your 1st wedding anniversary. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback and kind words for Kenny. I will ensure they are shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, if not, for your 2nd wedding anniversary!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

What can I say about this hotel, it has a special place in the hearts of my wife and me, We got married here in May 2011 and through out the experience we were looked after throughout. Our wedding coordinator Emma was Amazing from start and even to today, The staff at the hotel are welcoming, very helpful and passionate about providing a high class standard or service from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave. This is defiantly our home away from home. We love it so much we go back with out fail every year to celebrate our Anniversary and we are always looked after. The hotel staff make the experience from the first contact at reception to the bar staff and of course the restaurant staff the head chef alway delivers a high standard and Michelin style food. I could keep going on and I have not even mentioned the rooms, just to sum the rooms up we have stayed at this hotel a lot now and in almost all styles of rooms and by far they are all clean, comfortable and well worth the money. Andrew your staff work hard and provide a great service not only to my wife and me but to all our friends and family who have stayed since. I have to mention Kenny, Bruce, Andy and of course Emma who always looks after us every time we visit and we plan on visiting every year. Thanks guys for a great experience. Mark And Claire Knox

• Stayed: May 2013
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Mark & Claire,
Thank you both so much for your great review and comments. It is great that you continue to return and celebrate your wedding anniversary with us, and the team will be so pleased to read your feedback and kind comments, I will be sure to share them with everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night on business in Jan.

I checked in after a long drive and bad day at the office. The helpful staff on reception said they would help improve my with an upgrade and that Andy (sorry if I am wrong on the name) would look after me.

The service, attitude, room and food were all very good. Andy did look after me that evening with great service and conversation.

Thanks to everyone on the team.

Likes : the service, wi-fi and room
Dislikes : nothing worth note

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for reviewing the hotel on Trip Advisor following your stay with us in January on business.

Thank you for your feedback, and I will ensure your kind words are shared with the team and in particular Andy our Bars Supervisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My friend was getting married in Brandshatch this weekend and I was photographing his wedding. I was lucky to get them to book me a room in this lovely hotel. My room was cosy, bed very very comfortable (sheets were so soft I couldn't get enough of it, can you please let me know what brand were the sheets and where do they come from? I really want to get something like that!!) Bathroom was super clean and toiletries very lovely and luxurious. Hotel staff was very efficient and helpful, they greeted me by my name which was a lovely touch. Breakfast was tasty and full of great choices, the only thing was that the toast rack never got to our table (but that's not really important there were pastries :) I recommend this place to couples who would like to get married, the grounds are perfect for taking amazing photographs and staff is always very helpful and polite. Thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Rooms 38 & 39 very nice and quiet if you're shooting off from the wedding early for a nap.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience when you recently stayed at the hotel to attend your friends wedding.

Thank you so much for your score rating and your kind words regarding the service you received from the team, I know they will be really pleased with your feedback.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Another great night in a very comfortable room in this lovely hotel with great food, the most friendly staff especially Andy in the bar and Barbera in the dining room.
We used the spa area and had a very relaxing time.
We will be returning very soon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Karen

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us, and we are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure that your kind words are passed on to the team in particular Andy and Barbara.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Due to a mistake made by Expedia, we ended up being booked into this great hotel the night before. Credit to Expedia, they found us this hotel and paid the difference.
The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and really went out of their way to do everything for you. Very attentive, and great with children. My young son was very happy to be called sir all the time!
The hotel has a spa and again they are more than fine for children to use the pool at certain times of the day. We could use the pool until 8pm the day we were there.
Dinner was in the bar lounge and they made sure my son had something he liked for dinner.
Breakfast is really good and the food on the buffet was well presented and hot food was ordered via the waiting staff, so no messy, over cooked full English!
We would visit again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team ensured that your children were attended to, and you all had everything you needed throughout your time with us.

We do hope that you will stay with us again when next in the area.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We booked 2 nights at the hotel in the master suite as a late Valentines getaway. On arrival, we noticed how noisy the road was from outside, this wasn't a problem once in the room but we were disappointed the garden wasn't a more relaxing environment. We were greeted by extremely helpful and attentive staff who promptly showed us to our room. We weren't that impressed by the general decor of the hallways of the hotel, it seemed a bit dated but our room was decorated beautifully. We were given all the information we needed and left alone to settle in. Now, some pros and cons of the room; pros - beautifully decorated, good space, bathroom adequate size, heat in the room was easy to adjust either by the radiator or opening the window (although we could only get one open and the view wasn't too good), toiletries were lovely and the icing on the cake was the bed, it was SO comfortable and luxurious. However, the cons of the room - there was a thick layer of dust on the headboard of the bed, not exactly a hard place to clean, it's not like we were reaching on top of cupboards to find dust, it was right next to our heads, spotlit perfectly by the lights above the bed! The bath panel had some screws showing where the covers had come off and the shower door looked like it had seen better days, with the handle basically rusting away so badly that I actually stabbed my finger on it when I opened the door and the bedside lamp had a huge crack in the base of it, all in all, not things you expect when booking what was supposed to be, one of the best rooms in the hotel. We went for a little explore to the spa, which looked good(didn't get to actually use it) but was a little bit of a slightly confusing and warren-like trek from the room. In the evening, I enjoyed a nice relaxing bath and we ordered room service for dinner. The menu offers a really good selection of meals, which was bought up to us promptly and by a very polite gentleman. The food was delicious, a little rich for me but you could tell it was really good quality stuff, no complaints there! At around 11.30-ish, we could hear a lot of commotion going on downstairs (the hotel bar/restaurant seemed pretty busy, so was probably just people leaving), which was fine, the sort of noise you'd expect to hear in a hotel. However, we both slept absolutely dreadfully thanks to a sort of droning noise for parts of the night (sounded like washing machines but might have been extractor fan) and an intermittent clunking noise, which sounded like plumbing. I'm quite a light sleeper but even my boyfriend, who usually sleeps like a log had trouble, between us we had about an hours sleep and woke up incredibly tired and not at all relaxed! We had ordered breakfast the night before, which offered us a wide choice of food and was delivered right on time. This would have been great had the toast not been burnt, cold and with the butter too cold to spread. I understand that the kitchen can be a way from the room, meaning the toast isn't always warm but surely there's no excuse for it being burnt? After breakfast, because I suffer from a medical condition that requires my sleep be adequate, we sadly had to make the choice to leave a day early. The staff were incredibly helpful and sorted out a partial refund for us, it made having to cut our weekend away short, a little less painful. Overall, the room we had seemed a little overpriced for what we got, it was a bit tatty round the edges and not quite the level of luxury we were expecting when we booked a 'master suite' and like I said, it was a shame the gardens weren't quiet enough to sit and relax in. It's a huge shame we were disappointed with our stay but the staff were so wonderful and helpful that it took the sting out of it a little bit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Misasky

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a detailed review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you found the stay to be only average, however I do appreciate the very balanced review you have written, and we will be sure to look at the points that need action. We are investing significantly in to bedroom refurbishement this year and we have already addressed the noise problem you encountered overnight whilst trying to sleep. I will be sure to pass on your feeback to the team as I know they will want to quickly address your feedback such as the dust and maintenance issues you observed in the room and the service of overcooked toast. Please accept our sincere apologies for these issues.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff on how attentive and helpful they were, and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at some point in the future, where we will assure you our very best of attention.

Andrew Oxby

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawkham
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Donnington Manor Hotel
Donnington Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dunton Green

Been to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!