“A pleasant stay”
Review of Salutation Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Threlkeld
Salutation Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Threlkeld B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Booked 3 rooms for a get together. Room 1 small but comfy mattresss. Room 2 larger with a hard mattress. Room 3 large 'suite' type. Bathrooms very small but on whole a very pleasant stay. Dogs welcome and a lovely breakfast served over the road at the horse and farrier, which was very good for evening meals also. Would recommend. Nice open fire in bar area of the salutation inn. Very accommodating with 2 birthday meals going on at once. Considering they had 16 meal and drink orders at once, they did well as we didn't wait too long, food was good and all came together. Nice staff.

Room Tip: Room 3 by far the largest room with an additional seating area. Room 1 very small.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed at the Salutation as the Horse & Farrier (sister establishment) was full. The room at the Salutation was pleasant enough with large bed (two singles attached together) but the shower room was tiny (room 2). We are tall and had to have the bathroom door open in order to be able to bend over sink. Not much room between loo and sink either.

However spent a very pleasant evening across the round in the Horse & Farrier where it was absolutely beautifully decorated for Christmas, the staff were lovely and they contributed to the atmosphere being very warm and friendly from all customers.

Breakfast also served in the H&F which was very nice and plentiful with good menu choice.

Overall a tad on the pricey side at £40 per head bearing in mind the bathroom size and the inconvenience of checking in / breakfast across the road (though to be fair it is only a stone's throw) but no major complaints.

Room Tip: Try to get in the Horse & Farrier - the Salutation pub itself stays busier, therefore potentiall...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annieops
Reviewed 2 November 2011

On arriving in thelkeld for sights walking and relaxing we stumbled on a pleasant looking inn which after a long day decided to eat and relax. But the quaint looking inn was where the pleasantness ended. The food which we ordered was not wot we asked for and when the waiter finally came to address this he brought the same side orders back and only managed to alter the meat. As a freelance consumer journalist I review alot of establishments and would of thought that if a customer complains on a certain meal the management would re-cook a fresh meal as origionally ordered and not just poked around with. Not here. The bar was adequate and service minimal but on the good side it had a feel of warmth but warmth I can get in any old inn up and down the country. Marks out of ten, an easy 3. Overall, food 3 service 2 management attitude to complaints and customer satisfaction 2 warmth 8. My advice, try the next town.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Basshunter331
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We Booked our meal for 7pm we arrived at 6.30pm, we ordered drinks at the bar then went to our Table, ordered our meal, my wife ordered Salmon on a bed of Tagliatelle , I ordered Gammon with Pineapple and Vegetables , as I like my Veg well done I asked for my Veg to be well done, The meal Arrived no Veg and the Gammon more than well done it was burnt along with the Pineapple, my wife's arrived no Tagliatelle. I complained to the Waiter and he took my meal back to the Kitchen then brought the Tagliatelle in a dish to our table, followed with my meal Gammon not well done but with the same Pineapple on, still no Veg, Complained again, I left my meal, So I was not a Happy Bunny, It was the worst meal that I have never eaten.But to be Fair they didn't charge for my meal

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank peter s
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. Room was freshly decorated and very clean and comfy. Bathroom was very small but adequate. Double bed and good wardrobe space.
I was not charged any single supplement.

The Horse & Farrier opposite takes the bookings for the Salutation, and you eat at the Horse & Farrier. Breakfast was good, and the evening meal was plentiful and of very good quality. They seem to get extremely busy in the bar and the restaurant, so I would book in advance for evening meals.

The only downside was a late night party in the Salutation, very noisy! Just ask when you book, if there are any events on. Salutation bar, well stocked, and has pool table and TV screens.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Andy C

Been to Salutation Inn? Share your experiences!