Great food and a lovely warm welcome. Stayed 2 nights and ate in the restaurant both nights. Very very good food but i have a hang up about being charged extra for vegetables with my meal and it will cost you £2.50 extra if you want to do the same. Minor but i do find it annoying. Room was very small which we mentioned and were promptly and very kindly given a discount off the room rate. Very unexpected and a lovely gesture. There are larger rooms available so ask when you book.
Breakfast is excellent, quality ingredients in the full english.
Would definitely recommend staying there and we will be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1688 this traditional Lakeland Inn with its slate flagged floors, beamed ceilings and open fire retains all the character you would expect from this popular village pub. Situated at the foot of Blencathra in the beautiful village of Threlkeld with views towards Skiddaw & Helvellyn this really is the place relax and enjoy the beauty of the Northern Lake district. The Horse & Farrier is committed to serving food and drink of excellent quality amidst informal surroundings. We have an excellent reputation in the Lake district for serving home cooked Fayre either in our intimate restaurant or cosy bar. Our menus are interesting and varied with vegetarians well catered for. We have two pubs in the village which cater for every occasion,two cottages and 14 well appointed bedrooms. Jooles & the team look forward to welcoming you to The Horse & Farrier & The Salutation Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Horse & Farrier Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse And Farrier Inn
- Horse & Farrier Hotel Threlkeld
- Horse & Farrier Inn Threlkeld, Keswick