Lowest prices for your stay
£20
Fully refundable before Sat, 16 Mar
Breakfast included
No prepayment needed
Hotels.com
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I'm surprised to read that other reviews have said this is a central hotel - perhaps they didn't discover the old part of town! The hotel is very close to the bus station and is on the main road to Phitsanulok. There are a few coffee shops, one large restaurant and a large high school close by, but mostly there are banks and large shops that sell, for example, motor bikes or diy goods. Nothing seems to open early or stay open in the evening. It all seemed a bit uninteresting until we discovered the old town which is about ten minutes or so walk from the hotel. Here there is the usual night market, several temples and lots of shops and restaurants. That said, this seemed to be the best hotel in town. We stayed in another one for one night but quickly decided to relocate to this one for the other two nights. It's not modern and as with many Thai hotels of this size, it appears to be past it's best, but it is very clean, the staff are friendly, and the breakfast buffet was very good. There is internet in reception which you pay for by the hour, I can't remember the cost, but it was reasonable. I didn't use the pool, but I heard it was good. I would recommend Maeyom Palace to anyone who wanted a good three star hotel, but personally if I came back to Phrae I would probably look for a guest house closer to the old town.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AngelaS192
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

I have been 2 times at Maeyom hotel (2011,2012) during motorbike trips. Nice clean hotel, friendly staff and good breakfast. Big swimming pool where really can swim. Parking for motorbikes/cars.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank Sangsomset
Reviewed 28 April 2010

this property was probably nice 20 or 30 years ago. absolutely no investment seems to have been made in its maintenance and improvement since then! i suspect that the only investments consist in bribes to tour guides to bring their guests there!!! some staff tried to be nice but several were just very cold as if we were in a government run hotel...

we were supposed to have a deluxe room. the only deluxe element was the price (about THB 1300) which was way too high for such a low standard property in this part of the country. I feel this place had the worst value for money of all the places i stayed in northern thailand. this only nice thing was the free wifi available in the room, which surprised us as every thing else was so old and not functionning (only one of the many electric plugs worked). but i would have preferred to have a better bed with newer and unstained bedsheets and a better smelling bathroom and pay for the wifi :-)

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nicolas C
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I stayed one night at the Maeyom Palace Hotel where our tour group (15 travelers) was booked. Phrae is not a major tourist destination for Westerners, and we were told the hotel was the best available in terms of amenities.

The decor was dated, but my room and bath did not seem dirty. We arrived at the end of a very hot day of touring, and I was able to take a refreshing shower. We were served dinner on the hotel's outdoor patio.

I turned in early, as I usually did on this tour, as we tended to start out early in the morning. The air conditioning was more than adequate and my room was very comfortable for sleeping. The bedding was clean and fresh, as were the towels. I was able to put a couple of bottles of water into the mini-bar fridge to cool overnight.

The breakfast buffet in the hotel dining room was ample.

The hotel has a swimming pool which is very popular with the residents of Phrae, who may pay to use it. It was full of people when we arrived in the afternoon.

There are two computers in the lobby which provide internet access for a modest hourly fee, so I was able to check email. I don't know how high-speed the connection was because I just checked email and a few websites.

Overall, this was not a bad place to stay for a night. I thought that the many pieces of ornately carved furniture in the large lobby, along with the chandeliers and other decorations, were interesting because they reflected local taste.

Date of stay: April 2009
3  Thank Toofargone
Reviewed 30 September 2008

This hotel was probably a nice place to stay at one time. It is now grungy and past its prime. The furnishings are worn and dated and the bathroom, fueled by a super high-flow shower, is prone to flooding (due to poor design). The air conditioner is not sufficient for cooling the rooms and we spent a hot, muggy night at this hotel as a result.

On the positive, the rooms are relatively spacious. Our 5th floor corner room provided excellent mountain views, especially at sundown and sunrise.

All in all, this hotel is ok for one night for travelers just passing through, but I surely do not recommend more than one utilitarian stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2008