The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
Clive Studios(Clive)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$133
Great 4.5/5
Cherry Grove Motel(Havelock North)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$101
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Porters Boutique Hotel(Havelock North)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$168
Great 4.5/5
Te Mata Lodge(Havelock North)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$116
Great 4.5/5
Village Motel(Havelock North)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$119
Great 4.5/5
The Magpie Motel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$82
Very Good 4/5
Valdez Motor Lodge(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$111
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
Portmans Motor Lodge(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$116
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgannet colonykauri cliffsplay golfsister propertytasting menunew zealandthe main lodgepre dinner drinkskiwi experiencestunning propertyfood and wineround of golftour of the propertyhorse ridekiwi birdmoment you arrivehawkes bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My husband and I were in desperate need of a good break and I wanted him to be able to do something that he enjoys - golfing! I am not a golfer myself, but I was attracted to Cape Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs for the stylish look of the two properties - I love my luxury travel and good wine/food, therefore thought it would be a good balance. The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a beautiful property - it gave me some wonderful ideas for interiors when we renovate our home in the future. Food and service was exceptional and I was very happy to be the buggy driver for my husband and make sure he keeps the gold score correctly. It was a fairly quiet time of year, which we loved, felt like we owned the place. Massage/spa was exceptional as well. We went quad biking and also a trip to see the gannets - the perfect balance between relaxing, eating, sport and adventure and nature. It is not cheap, but it was worth every penny and would love to return. Oh and by the way....according to my husband the golfing was exceptional and judging by his scores he wants to return!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ionise
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We visited in March 2010, and recently our family agreed upon if we had one meal left on earth, we would want to revisit The Farm at Cape Kidnappers. Every meal was amazing--truly a "foodie's" Heaven.
My daughter and I did a kiwi walk with a conservationist and we found to kiwi birds, which we held (most NZ'ers have never seen these prehistoric nocturnal birds). This was our most expensive vacation to date, but we would visit again in a heartbeat. My son and I did some quad biking, which was quite fun with the great scenery and rare birds that nest in the area. Our reason for visiting was for the golf for my husband, which he loved!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 12 April 2011

When we showed a picture taken from our balcony at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers to friends and family, they all thought it was a postcard. The beauty of the farm landscape as it cascades to the sea is magnificent. This is just the beginning of one's experience - the natural beauty that surrounds you. As we drove up the private drive to the facilities we knew we were in for something special, but the understated elegance of the lodge, dining area and rooms was over the top. The well manicured and uniquely designed golf course was challenging with breath taking views on every hole. Top shelf in every area ... especially the food and wines, and the people who are there to insure your experience is one that will never be forgotten.

Room Tip: Every room is perfection
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed at Cape Kidnappers as part of my wife wining her works medelion club. There was about 40 of us and we were treated like royalty. Nothing was too hard or too much effort. The rooms were fantastic with balconys that overlooked the magnificent views of the sea. All meals were included as to a round of golf and what a golf course that is. More photos than hitting balls but the back 9 was great especially the 16th hole. Word of caution, take plenty of balls for the course is unforgiven to hacks like me. I lost 3 balls just on this hole alone!!! Between 2 of us, we lost 18 balls but found just as many. Lots of activities like quad bikes - bike riding - bush walking and of course golf at the worlds 41st best course. It took 30mins by taxi from Napier airport and I heard it cost $90 one way for a taxi ride into the city. The food was excellent and make sure you have a Steak sandwiches for lunch. The farm is great and the round room was great for finishing off the night with a baileys. You wont be dissappionted if you do decide to go hear but make sure you save your pennies, its not cheap!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I escorted an incentive group to this wonderful Resort and was overwhelmed at the service, food, and especially the staff. I have never in my 20 years as a Conference Director, been to a venue that took control and assisted everyone with any need or want they had. The BBQ on Thursday was just what everyone wanted as they had been travelled most of the day and this relaxing meal setup a wonderful serene atmosphere for the weekend.
The Gala Dinner on Saturday was outstanding and Chef TIM and his team creating a degustation menu that was boasting local NZ produce and the presentation on the evening was fantastic.
Loved the fresh homemade chocolate fudge cookies every night !!!!
I would recommend this Hotel to everyone who wanted to be spoilt in the most luxurious way.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business