“A sterile winery with robotic staff”
Review of Vasse Felix Winery

Vasse Felix Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Vasse Felix: Behind-the-Scenes Winery Tour and...
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Cowaramup
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I got the impression that the staff were just repeating the same thing to each customer. A glass was put in front of my husband to taste the wines. I went off and looked around, but when he called me over to have a taste, I just shared his glass. Even though the woman could see this, she didn't offer me a glass. Not at all personalised, and we had been to around 8 wineries that day, and all were very friendly. Not this one.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"cheese plate"
"beautiful grounds"
in 5 reviews
"great selection of wines"
"excellent lunch"
"free delivery"
"cab sav"
"top quality"

Reviewed 28 June 2014

What a beautiful estate! The oldest and definitely most established wine farm in the area. A must for wine tasting and am sure you will at least leave with 2 bottles of wine and one olive oil.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

You usually visit wineries just to taste the wines. Vasse Felix wines are some of my favourites so I was looking forward to seeing what food they would pare with their wines to highlight the complex flavours and variety on offer.
The menu choices were eclectic and delicious - all choices made by our party were well received and matched beautifully with the wine. Only criticism (if I have to have one) were the lack of options for allergy sufferers. Staff were, however, knowledgable about both food and wine, and went out of their way to assist.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Visit to Wineries can be trying exercising in wine tasting. Usually, the really nice wines have been sold and are not available for tasting.
Vasse Felix has beautiful grounds and a really nice restaurant. My family and I decided to have lunch, the food was great! The ingredients were fresh from the area, their preparation was excellent. i had the Merron, which was prepared in a nice tea infused broth with a hint of plum. This was a beautiful dish and I had it with a nice glass of their sparkling wine.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We enjoyed our lunch at Vasse Felix enormously. The food was delicious and so beautifully presented, and the staff were very attentive but not obtrusive. Our table was on the verandah, with a light breeze blowing and a few autumn grape vines overhead- very nice! And the meal was one of those rare experiences where you eat as slowly as possible to savour every forkful! We hadn't booked, so we were probably lucky to get a table (this was a Monday during school holidays, and still quite busy). Something to bear in mind if you're set on dining here.
I wasn't drinking but my husband tasted a few wines before lunch, which helped with his choices during the meal. The tasting area is downstairs and has a bar, tables, a gift shop and toilets. It's cool and pleasant (smells delicious!) and leads out to the gardens or through to the gallery. We visited the gallery after lunch: the theme when we visited was a coastal one, and we loved the mix of styles, media and eras on display (the art was all from the Janet Holmes a Court collection).
Yes, it's a bit expensive to eat here, but no more than I would expect given the level of service and the surroundings. Highly recommended!