“Overpriced in need of refurbishment - far far away from City”
Review of Scandic Taby

Scandic Taby
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Taby
Reviewed 29 November 2013

If we start with the positive:

- Easy to get to by car
- Free parking
- Fantastic staff
- Fast and free WiFi

Sorry, couldn't come up with anything else. At € 150.00 / night you'd think it would be higher standard when it is so far away from Stockholm City (€ 50 by taxi)

The rooms are really worn. Except for the TV, everything smells and looks like 1980. Also, I thinkt that the non-smoking rooms have been smoking rooms in the past. Still smells a bit like cigarette smoke. Paint is chipping off every where. Door posts are scuffed. Headboard of the bed was greasy and quite nasty. Not unique for my room, my collegue had the same.

You could not adjust the heat in the room. Had to leave the window open to avoid sweating to death.

Bathroom full of lime scale and soap residue on the wall tiles. To appealing at all.

Room Tip: The Elevator doors and stupid chime makes a lot of noice. Ask for a room far away from it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ElinR993, Hotelldirektör at Scandic Taby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear 747FAN,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here at Tripadvisor, extremely valuable for us!
I am glad to hear that you thought that the team are fantastic, so do I and I am glad to be able to confirm that we are facing a big renovation during 2014 and 2015 however I hope that I will get the opportunity to welcome you back before that!
Elin

There are newer reviews for Scandic Taby

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Micro room , mini bathroom and compact gym. Bed cannot be smaller than what is available. Everything is like a budget hotel except room rate- which seems to be on higher side, considering the setup. Staff is extra nice and cooperative. Concept of small shop is good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TPsingh
ElinR993, Hotelldirektör at Scandic Taby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear TP Singh,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us!
I am happy to inform you that we are facing a renovation and I hope that you will give us a second chance to change your opinion about our rooms.
Welcome back!
Act. General Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Arrived on a Sunday evening to find the restaurant and bar don't open on a Sunday!

Managed to get a beer but didn't bother with the sandwiches in the fridge by reception.

The room was basic and small, a bit like a hostel, not a hotel! The bathroom was ok with a large walk in shower.

They were having work done, the whole building was covered in a white plastic tent!

No atmosphere at all in bar/restaurant found a little pizza place close by and ate there on the second night.

Breakfast was ok.

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
ElinR993, Hotelldirektör at Scandic Taby, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Pooley -1,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about us!
I am happy to let you know that the exterior of the hotel is now done and that we have a completely brand new and good-looking exterior!
Welcome back to us next time you visit Stockholm

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot, been to many hotels: cheap, expensive, overpriced and way overpriced. This one, in the middle of nowhere falls in to way-way overpriced category. Over 200$ for a tiny room, no coffee maker, no tea (there are some downstairs, for 17 locals, but this is just rude). I arrived on Saturday, and kitchen is closed - cause it is Saturday, closest food place over a mile away. So if it rains or snows, you have to take a taxi 6 times a day, or try order over the phone, if you speak the language. I'm not staying at this hotel or for that matter in any Scandic ever again!

• Stayed: April 2013
ElinR993, General Manager at Scandic Taby, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Marko,
I am so sorry to read your review. Scandic Täby is located in one of the suburbs to Stockholm however with local transportation it will take you max 20 minutes to reach the city center. You could find the information on our homepage www.scandichotels/taby.com.
Moreover, we do have coffee and tea making facilities available for our guests, just ask the front desk and they will provide you with this.
I hope that you would change your mind about ever staying in a Scandic Hotel again, we have approx. 20 different properties located in Stockholm and I am positive that we could find a hotel that will suit your expectations.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

It's not one of the smartest hotels, but it is very clean, friendly and like all other Scandics does an excellent breakfast. The decor is a bit tired, and it's not far from a main road, but compared to many other hotels in Stockholm it's very well priced.
OK, there's no air conditioning and the window stuck a bit, but the staff couldn't be more helpful providing a good electric fan!
The view's not great - main roads to the front, building site to the back - but you get what you pay for! And we wanted just somewhere to crash after sightseeing.
Not easy to find restaurants, so we ended up in Vaxholm several times.

Room Tip: The back is probably quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The room was clean and nice, breakfast standard, menu limited in the evening. The rating is only average because of the very poor service at the front desk. The staff has some improvement to do. The staff was not serviceminded at all, took personal calls at the same time I checked out, couldn´t answer my questions and was overall not interested in giving a good service.

I will not be back if I don´t have to.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I've stayed at some good Scandics but this was not one of them. The room was tiny and the toilet and wash basin so close together it was difficult to use either. My biggest complaint is that the room was really hot with no way to reduce the temperature other than by having the window open - the hotel is adjacent to the main road so the choice was to fry or be deafened and I got 2 hours sleep. The worst thing was that with the window wide open for 15 minutes the temperature dropped to an acceptable level but within half an hour of shutting the window it was back to being stifling.

Pluses were the free and excellent WiFi, reasonable breakfast and that the room was spotlessly clean. However the price was around €160 and frankly it should have been half that price for the quality of room.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the main road - you don't want to be in one of those...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taby
Danderyds Gasteri
#2 of 3 in Danderyd
Södermalm
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad
#8 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Scandic Taby? Share your experiences!