“The best in the west”
Review of Ceann Sibeal Hotel

Ceann Sibeal Hotel
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Our family of 12 stayed here for five nights full board-our third trip.Rooms and food were excellent.What makes this hotel unique is the friendliness of the staff.We were treated like old friends.Nothing we asked for was too much trouble.This is my favourite hotel in Ireland!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Fab food, very clean ,great value,Excellent staff.Not to be missed if you are near by.Toilets excellent .Great location for touring .Amazing Slea Head drive. Looking forward to my next visit. Coffey and scones to die for .

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I really loved this hotel. It is in the tiny village of Ballyferriter, about 20 minutes from Dingle. We were warmly welcomed by Kristen and felt right at home. Our room was very spacious, clean with a view to the sea. Helena made sure that all our needs and desires were met. She even shared her recipe for the fabulous soda bread served at breakfast.

The dinners were very tasty prepared with locally sourced food. The chef went to extra ends to look after the people in our party who can only eat gluten free food.

The hotel is located near the noted archaeological sites in the area and is across the street from a small but very good museum.

We enjoyed a very pleasant stay and I hope to return one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SurreyGoldfinch
CeannSibeal, Manager at Ceann Sibeal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thanking you for your kind words its alway encouraging to get reviews and lovely having you .Hope to welcome you back again

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here two nights on our sightseeing trip. The room was large and comfortable. Brekfast was excellent, full Irish if you want, or just continental, all included. The morning staff are great, as is the evening bartender, but you often have to go look for staff at other times. Maybe this is typical, but not what I'm used to from the US. Good price and location. About 15 minutes to Dingle and on the Slea Head Loop. Learned the hard way though to drive clockwise, with the bus traffic!

I am a stickler for mildew though, and there was some around the edges of the tub. Ther than that though, it was very clean.

The wifi only works in the lobby, and not consistently, which was frustrating.

Room Tip: A room at the back avoids any road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Attended and stayed in the hotel for a wedding and could not have been happier. On arrival we were greeted with a lovely welcome at check in and the bar. Staff made sure that we had everything we needed during the stay. Dinner was lovely and breakfast very tasty(had to pay extra) and we were kindly allowed late check out without it being a hassle. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were based at this B&B Hotel for 3 nights and found it very pleasant, but what I most want to comment on is the Tempura Haddock in their bar/restaurant which was so good I ordered it twice in three days. Best fish and chips ever!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I and several members of my family have eaten here dozens of times (& love the food never before an issue) and I went there with a friend while visiting Dingle last Friday and I can honestly say I have not experienced such terrible service in years. The two individuals working where totally disinterested in all those dining that evening. The full menu usually available was displayed outside the door but when we got in we where given a smaller menu, the smaller menu fine but do not display the full one outside if it's not available. "Upselling" is a concept totallly alien to these staff we had to ask for everything and where totally ignored unless we asked for service. It doesnt take much to check in on diners once during the meal. I asked about wine but was never offered a wine menu, we where short condiments on the table but two staff watched me wander to empty tables looking for what I needed, we waited and eventually had to ask for table to be cleared, we wherent offered tea, coffee or dessert.............
ok nobody was rude or anything like take but had people been plesant and offered good service we would have spent twice the money we did! Hopefully this is only teething problem at beginning of season!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fiona C
CeannSibeal, General Manager at Ceann Sibeal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thanking you for the review
Im so so sorry for the service that wasn’t provided and yes we only opened for the weekend but still no excuse for the service please the next time you come which I hope you will please do let me know Fiona as I would love to discuss this matter with you also I know it was very quite on the night in question.
I do apology for the inconvenience of not having a service
Le meas
Helena Uí Dhálaigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyferriter
Dingle Skellig Hotel
#2 of 8 in Ballyferriter
Gorman's Clifftop House Hotel
Gorman's Clifftop House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Glaise Bheag

Been to Ceann Sibeal Hotel? Share your experiences!