Review Highlights
Restful stop for lunch

Very unassuming from the road, we stopped here for lunch and found an unexpected gem of a spot. We... read more

Reviewed 27 September 2017
esmirelda
Massachusetts
A Diamond in the rough!

There are many great places to eat in Dingle at the main port, but if your appetite (and kids) can... read more

Reviewed 8 July 2018
horbs88
Boston, Massachusetts
via mobile

All reviews steak sandwich lovely cafe pancakes dingle peninsula prints stops
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is an interesting little place on the Slea Head Drive on the Dingle peninsula. We stopped for a cup of tea here and sat outside - worth stopping here mainly just to have a cuppa whilst taking in fantastic scenery. The cafe is a sort of gallery aswell so has some interesting furniture, sculptures and art around. We refrained from eating anything other than chips or scones here as we found it a little pricey. We didn't find what food we ordered hugely impressive but it wasn't bad and we didn't really try enough from the menu to comment on that. The superb location looking out onto the sea and the three sisters makes it worthwhile stopping here for some outdoor refreshments.

1  Thank mimum
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Went for lunch, with my partner and our two teenage sons, we had chowder which while it was in the style i like (not overly creamed) I had to look long and hard before I found a piece of fish!!! Needless to say it didn't taste very fishy either!!
The boys had curry and split pea soup which was quite bland. Both soups were very small portions served with a nice brown scone.

Small wonder it was empty

The Dingle area has plenty good quality, good value food to offer. Unfortunately there are plenty of places like this that are set up to relieve you of your hard earned cash for little return.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

`Tig `Aines is a lovely venue, but the food in the evening, i.e. dinner, is not good. I have eaten there on 3 occasions in the past 2 years, and it was never any good. Because I love the place I wanted to enjoy the food as well. Go there for afternoon tea, and the view , it is amazing.

1  Thank grazza
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stopped here on our drive around Slea Head and had the best meal while in Ireland. The restaurant sits on a hill with a great view of the sea and is decorated with paintings of the area. The service was friendly and attentive (better than most places in Ireland).

I loved the seafood pie - it was packed full of salmon and mackerel. My girlfriend loved her seafood chowder.

I would definitely stop here on any trip around Slea Head!

1  Thank Adam323
Reviewed 17 September 2006

We popped in here for lunch one day, had gorgeous home made food using ingredients from their garden and eggs from the hens. Sat and watched the geese in the garden and enjoyed the spectacular view of the coastline. A great experience.

2  Thank ClumsyHaze