“Most beautiful place on penninsula”
Review of Tig Aine

Tig Aine
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Tig Áine - Café, Restaurant, Gallery on The Wild Atlantic Way and Slea Head Drive boasting the most spectacular panoramic view in County Kerry. We use top quality local produce, bake our own brown bread, scones and cake and utilise the fantastic fish and fresh meats from our doorstep. Our hens supply eggs for the kitchen and the goat, ducks and geese entertain our younger customers. We offer Murphy's Ice Cream, triple certified coffee and Barry's tea, which suits our well water, as well as a range of herbal teas. We are delighted to support Corca Dhuibhne ag caint.
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is a very homely cafe restaurant with good homemade food, the views are fantastic, the people friendly, and we can wholeheartedly recommend it for small children as there is a grassed area with access to the animals.My family were on holiday from the UK and considered their visit the highlight of their stay!

2  Thank Riasc

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We spent nearly an entire day along the Slea Head Drive, stopping at lots of historical sights and scenic views. Unfortunately, the only day out of our 9-day trip that was overcast and foggy, was the day of the Slea Head Drive. We made the best of it though, including an interesting stop at the Great Blasket Visitor Center. Despite the cafeteria being recommended in our guide book as having decent food, it did not look appealing so we ventured on. We came across a little sign along the roadside for Tig Aine Cafe and art gallery. We stopped, not necessarily to eat, but decided to give it a try. One of our favorite meals during our trip! There were two young girls working the counter who were very friendly. We got our drinks, tea and some sort of dark beer (no Guinness here), and then had to wait quite a long time for our food even though we were the only ones there initially. Two other small parties came in after us. The wait, however, was worth it! My shepherd pie was excellent! My husband had ordered a seafood chowder but was still hungry so he shared my pie - it was a huge serving for one person! But wow, delicious. In trying to determine the underlying spice we were tasting, we asked the girl behind the counter. She ended up insisting that we talk with the cook, a lovely older woman who we could see in the kitchen making everything to order - no wonder it took a while for our meals. It was worth it though, especially if you are not in a hurry and appreciate the chance to sit back and relax.

Unfortunately, the views from this lovely cafe were obstructed by the low lying fog but given its location, I can imagine they are beautiful on a clear day. The cafe itself also serves Murphys Ice Cream though we were too full for a treat. There is also quite a bit of interesting artwork on display around the cafe. All in all, a quaint little place with reasonably priced and delicious food.

Too bad this isn't listed under restaurants instead of attractions as it might give them a little more notice on TripAdvisor.

1  Thank Fourkids4us
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Following a very enjoyable drive from Dingle we stopped here on the afternoon of the 14th August to have something to eat. On entering the restaurant we took a seat at a window which had incredible views. Following a wait of 15 minutes during which time nobody approached us we thought you had to order at the till. I asked the ladyvthere if I could order food. She said to take a seat and handed me a menu. I explained we had already done so and knew what we wanted. I was again asked to take a seat which I did. Following a wait of a further 10 minutes or more during which time nobody came near us (we were the only people inside and someone who had arrived after us was served outside) we left. 25minutes is far too long to be waiting to be acnowledged let alone served.

2  Thank Sliros
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Called to gig aines last Thursday as we did the slea head drive. Nicole there allowed our daughters feed the chicks and animals they have at the side of the home to the right of the restaurant. The kids had chicken bites & homemade chips, I had seafood chowder with fab brown bread and my husband had rhubarb pie which he thoroughly enjoyed. Would really recommend for very tasty homemade food!!

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and local music and the meal was lovely. I can only highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Chris M