“A delight!!”
Review of Tig Aine

Tig Aine
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Tig Áine - Café, Restaurant, Gallery on The Wild Atlantic Way and Slea Head Drive boasting the most spectacular panoramic view in County Kerry. We use top quality local produce, bake our own brown bread, scones and cake and utilise the fantastic fish and fresh meats from our doorstep. Our hens supply eggs for the kitchen and the goat, ducks and geese entertain our younger customers. We offer Murphy's Ice Cream, triple certified coffee and Barry's tea, which suits our well water, as well as a range of herbal teas. We are delighted to support Corca Dhuibhne ag caint.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wow!! Tig Áine's is a beautiful café on the Slea Head drive. If you're looking for a place that has homemade delicious food, fantastic service and the most gorgeous views on the drive, Tig Áine's is it!

You must stop in here and sample the food and ambiance!!!

Date of experience: July 2014
"scones"
"prints"
"stops"

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had lunch here in late June, not for the first time, and planned this stop because it has the most beautiful views and very good food. We ate outside with our little dog, and the waitress immediately offered to bring her a bowl of water - mentioning this as an example of the attentive and lovely service. You MUST order the rhubarb pie here - you won't taste better anywhere. The atmosphere is utterly charming and relaxed, and the staff and owner are so friendly, a visit here is worth going out of your way for. While we were eating dessert it started to drizzle - we didn't mind (used to eating outside with doggie ;-)) - but unprompted we were shown indoors to a separate conservatory, so that we could stay very comfortable as we finished our meal with doggie. How amazingly kind is that? Seriously, try this place, beautiful location, very good food and a friendly service you won't ever forget.

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We recently had a wonderful evening at Tig Áine Restaurant, An Ghráig, Ballyferriter. We were having a multi-generational family get-together (16 people aged from 80+ to 2 years) and this proved to be the ideal choice of venue for all of us. The choice of dishes suited everyone and it was all delicious. Portions were generous and the food was beautifully presented. The small children adored the animals and Áine herself kindly took them to feed the hens. The views are stunning. The staff were really pleasant and most efficient. The children- and some of the adults- enjoyed the choice of Murphy's Ice-Creams available in the restaurant and everyone went home happy and well fed. I have been a fan of Tig Áine's for years and look forward to returning again soon.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We visited Tig Aine's for dinner on August 30th, I have to say I'm surprised at some of the other reviews as our group 4 adults and 3 kids had a beautiful meal, the service was fantastic, staff could not have been nicer, they even stayed open late to look after us as we arrived just before they were due to close.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank DeirdreR
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I decided to make the most of the good weather and take a trip around the Slea Head Drive. I had no stop planned but came across an absolute gem - Tig Aine. The setting is stunning, looking out to sea and your immediate surroundings are lovely as well, I loved all the ducks, geese and hens! And the baby goat! I could imagine families loving this spot - I saw a little girl being allowed to feed the mummy goat, I was tempted to ask if I could have a go as well! I was quite hungry so was ready for a good meal, which I definitely got. I had the shepherds pie which was lovely, I was given a huge portion but I still managed to finish it! There is a cabinet with Murphy's ice cream which was very welcome on such a hot day. I was offered as many tastes as I liked and chose the sea salt and honeycomb flavours - yum yum!! As I enjoyed my ice cream I wandered around and admired all the paintings hanging on the walls, a lovely touch. The staff were so warm and welcoming, I felt as though I could have stayed all day! The lady of the house was so friendly and interesting to speak to, a great ambassador of her business and home. I cannot praise this restaurant enough, ten out of ten!

Date of experience: June 2013